Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

SAW
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2475
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Son of Seitan [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  SAW

I've only ever seen the first one...but they're so damn cheap on blu-ray I bought the first 2.
I really like the first one...Ken Leung from Lost is great...awesome surprise ending...

so...without spoilers, will I like the other ones? Nevermind that I had a HUGE Shawnee Smith crush in high school...

Author:  mixmaster_mo [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I think it was number three that made me so angry in its lameness that I got up and walked away. I'm not really a fan, but I have viewed the first three. I keep telling myself to just do a marathon so I can form a real true opinion on the franchise.

Author:  mrsbadmouth [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I only really really REALLY like the first one, and i'm also a Shawnee Smith fan so I like the second one fine, and tolerate the third one. After that, they're all nothing but a giant gross out. There is a little back story in each one which I always like, though. And the 'last' one did not end on a final note, but was left open AGAIN. So that was pretty irritating.

So while I think they're worth watching, I don't think they're worth owning at all past the first three. And yes, I have all of them ($5 rack).

Author:  Son of Seitan [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

There was a Shawnee Smith tv movie when I was in HS where she did sign language in it...and I started learning sign language cuz I had such a crush. Sad, but true.

Author:  FootFace [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

Son of Seitan wrote:
There was a Shawnee Smith tv movie when I was in HS where she did sign language in it...and I started learning sign language cuz I had such a crush. Sad, but true.


And? And?

Author:  Son of Seitan [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I never follow through with anything. I never bagged Shawnee Smith and I never learned sign language.

Author:  Fee [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I don't remember how many of them I've seen, but I think I really liked the first and second one at least. Then I remember one with the girl from Seventh Heaven and I don't remember my feelings, but I usually remember if I really really hate a movie, so rule out "really really hate" for the third.

Wait, no Seventh Heaven girl was in the second one

Author:  mixmaster_mo [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

mrsbadmouth wrote:
And the 'last' one did not end on a final note, but was left open AGAIN. So that was pretty irritating.

Say whaaaat? If they keep going, I'm hoping for a space installment.

Author:  birdsonawire [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I really liked the first one, but was so disappointed by the second one that I didn't even bother watching any of the others.

Author:  Son of Seitan [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

So...without spoilers, do any other Saw films have the same vibe and surprises as the first one? cause as much as I love splatter, there's too many other movies I want to see before Saw IV unless it's worth seeing...

Author:  mrsbadmouth [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

Well, clearly none have the big surprise that the first one did, because we as an audience know who Jigsaw is. The surprises for the rest of the movies are pretty much who else is involved in the games. There definitely isn't anymore of two dudes sitting alone in a room trying to figure shiitake out. It's mostly blood city.

Now I kind of want to rewatch them all.

Author:  AshleyUndone [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

My roomie LOVES these movies.
On the other hand, I hate gore.
However, we tag-teamed and did a Saw marathon of the first four. I actually didn't mind them at all and was rather intrigued, but I also ran out of the room for almost every trap.
I saw the first scene of the fourth one in theaters and run out crying. I later ended up watching a different movie with a complete stranger who comforted me in the hallway...

My opinion: First one isn't bad. Second one's okay. Loved the third one for some reason (Mostly because I like the story.) Didn't care for the fourth one.
The roomie's opinion: First, Third, and Fourth are the best. Fifth is just a linker and explains a certain character's involvement with everything. It's kinda boring. The Sixth, she enjoyed, but mostly because of how the storyline related to the morals in the health care field (and we're studying to be health care professionals, so we're giant nerds)
According to her, it was planned as a eight movie series, but is now being cut down to seven. So the Saw in theaters now is the last one. Hopefully, it'll wrap everything up?

Author:  semiautomatic [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

the acting in the first one was kind of cheesy but i liked it. i like the idea behind the movies but i just wish they wouldn't drill that forking message into your brain so often (so to speak)
APPRECIATE YOUR LYFE OR YOU WILL DIE KAI?

Author:  Jeni Treehugger [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I LOVE them. All of them. Different degrees of love but love all the same.

Author:  VeganFoodRocks [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I've seen all of them and I have a very love/hate relationship with them. I hate them in the fact that they are getting a little predictable, especially after seeing the last one(which they said was going to be the last, but that's a lie) and the acting is HORRIBLE. But I love them because while predictable, they do keep me in suspense(weird) and I love the craziness of the traps and the little jigsaw guy on the tricycle, who comes up with that shiitake??!?!?! I will keep going to see them as long as they keep making them, though I will probably never buy them to own.

Author:  mrsbadmouth [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

VeganFoodRocks wrote:
I've seen all of them and I have a very love/hate relationship with them. I hate them in the fact that they are getting a little predictable, especially after seeing the last one(which they said was going to be the last, but that's a lie) and the acting is HORRIBLE. But I love them because while predictable, they do keep me in suspense(weird) and I love the craziness of the traps and the little jigsaw guy on the tricycle, who comes up with that shiitake??!?!?! I will keep going to see them as long as they keep making them, though I will probably never buy them to own.

Yeah, this.

I don't know if they're making another one or not, but to call a movie 'the final Saw' and have it end just how the previous three ended, ridiculous.

The only part of any of the movies where I was actually like, "Dude, this is foul. This is too much." Is the opening of the 4th one, and that was mostly due to their overuse of squishy squelchy sound effects.

Author:  helsinki [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I love the first one zomgsomuch. Definitely in my top 10 (At least I think. I've never actually made an official top 10, but I'd imagine Saw I would be included. Now I kind of want to go make a list...but I digress). The others are all horrible, but there's still a part of me that enjoys them. I know they're bad, but hey, I'm sick and like gore, OKAY? The only thing that really bugs me is that all the crepe sequels bring down the original. People lump them all together since they're technically part of the same series, but they're so different. The first is way more psychological and the sequels are pure gore with a "twist" (although, who is actually surprised anymore) ending.

Author:  VeganFoodRocks [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

mrsbadmouth wrote:
VeganFoodRocks wrote:
I've seen all of them and I have a very love/hate relationship with them. I hate them in the fact that they are getting a little predictable, especially after seeing the last one(which they said was going to be the last, but that's a lie) and the acting is HORRIBLE. But I love them because while predictable, they do keep me in suspense(weird) and I love the craziness of the traps and the little jigsaw guy on the tricycle, who comes up with that shiitake??!?!?! I will keep going to see them as long as they keep making them, though I will probably never buy them to own.

Yeah, this.

I don't know if they're making another one or not, but to call a movie 'the final Saw' and have it end just how the previous three ended, ridiculous.

The only part of any of the movies where I was actually like, "Dude, this is foul. This is too much." Is the opening of the 4th one, and that was mostly due to their overuse of squishy squelchy sound effects.


I know they said it was the final one but I think that was because when Saw 6 came out it came out the same weekend as Paranormal Activity(the 1st one) so it didn't do as well as they anticipated but they apparently came up with an amazing idea(per the interwebz) and couldn't let it end with Saw 7

Author:  Maggie Muggins [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I watched the first 3 and then stopped, as much as I'm intrigued by the creative was they kill people, I'm easily disturbed when people's bodies are treated like playdoh....gooey, bloody, squishy playdoh.... Also, I think after the first one the plots sucked and they turned into nothing but gore fests, I like a bit of gore but I also want to be into the story.
Plus I know the guy from Gilmore Girls is in one of them and I don't want to see him die.

Author:  Erinnerung [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I loved the first one. Thought the second one was pretty subpar. Only watched parts of the third and fourth movies on TV, and thought they were terrible.

I love gore, but I think I just expected too much after the first movie. I expected it to be... I don't know, smarter? Maybe I just need to accept that it's cheap, unthinking entertainment, hire all of them and watch them all marathon styles with a tub of ice cream bigger than my head.

Author:  mumbles [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Say whaaaat? If they keep going, I'm hoping for a space installment.

Critters 4 was, after all, the finest entry in the Critters canon.

Author:  chop_socky [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

I loved the first one, and I've liked all the others okay, but I really like stupid movies. I'm excited to see the latest one, mostly because it's called Saw 3D: The Traps Come Alive!

Author:  mrsbadmouth [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

just mumbles wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:
Say whaaaat? If they keep going, I'm hoping for a space installment.

Critters 4 was, after all, the finest entry in the Critters canon.

The sad thing is, this is probably true. I haven't seen a Critters movie in a long time, so my memory is fuzzy.

Author:  Fee [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SAW

They need to make an interactive one like A Bug's Life in Disney World. Or wherever that is. When blood sprays out, they could finely mist you with something and strap down your limbs and other fun things. I don't know what theme park would okay this, but if I had a theme park I would demand it.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/