| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:51 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I cannot believe that Elvira said Showgirls is the worst movie ever. How did Michelle not sock her?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:12 am 
Nailed to the V

This will be my first season watching it, so I'm surprised they ever had a thing against big queens. But I think I'm really going to like it...and I have someone with me to fill me in on what's going on sometimes, like the queen in the wooden crate.

After watching so much ANTM lately, it was funny to see their RuPocolypto photo shoot, with the photographer sitting in his chair pointing and shooting. "Give me like, crazy body-shapes!"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:18 am 

You can watch the first season on the Logo website, and seasons two and three are on Netflix streaming. Catch up! You will appreciate Shangela getting eaten all the more.

I would explain the big girls thing to you but that would be a spoiler for when you watch the past season.

Spoiler cut because if Garrick catches up this kind of ruins every other season.

Spoiler: show
Pandora Boxx is doing recaps this year, and she pointed out that the last person to enter the work room has always been the winner. If that holds true, Latrice for the win! Which I am fine with. Chunky yet funky.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:12 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Wait... where are Pandora's recaps? How did I miss that? Pandora!!!!

ETA: I found it!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
the first night I met this girl she beat the living shiitake out of some stupid nazi skin girl at a bar...I bought her a pitcher of beer for it

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:45 pm 
Nailed to the V

Definitely going to do some catching up, thanks for protecting the spoiler. I saw that Netflix had 2 and 3, so I'm glad to know Logo has the first!

I also liked, hoarding is the new black. I wasn't a great fan of Jiggly until she knocked it out at the lip synch-off. At least better than the boring one who went home. My heart is in The Princess and Sharon Needles...I'm excited to see Willam (loved Cherry on Nip/Tuck) but I feel like he's less deserving for already being a hit. Although, I have a cousin who works odd jobs in LA and did some work casting for Nip/Tuck, met Willam and said he was fun and friendly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:35 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I like Willam since she's pretty much in character all the time and I think that's fine. It's clear her job is to showcase herself as an actor as a drag queen, rather than as a normal person as a drag queen (if this makes sense). Anyway Phi Phi is acting like a total tool!

My <3 is with Sharon Needles still! bisque turns it out!

For the season:
Top 3: Sharon, Chad, Phi Phi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:30 pm 

heathergalaxy wrote:
I like Willam since she's pretty much in character all the time and I think that's fine.

Yeah see, when everyone is like, "What a bisque!" I can't help but thinking, do you not see the joking, light hearted way she says things? There's practically a wink after every jokinsult.

Also, nice people get less camera time. Everyone knows that going in. I'd rather it be bitchiness with a smile than someone with permanent stank face (ahem, Phi Phi).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:33 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

There isn't any one I'm rooting for right off the bat like last season with Raja. But so far my favorites are Sharon, Latrice, and Kenya (gorgeous face!).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:45 pm 

I don't think Kenya is going to make it based on her face, but we haven't seen if she's funny or talented in other ways (besides that crazy asparagus shaking dance), so who knows! I didn't think Alexis would make it as far as she did until we saw how funny she can be.

P.S. I say "BAM!" in my best Alexis voice all the time.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:05 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Most of last nights episode was sort of blah. Really.
I loved that we saw a different side of Sharon. But I just thought some people could have given a bit more.
There better be some stepping it up in the next couple of episodes.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:36 pm 

So Milan looks frighteningly like Shangela in her caramely-brown/blonde curled wig. I did a double take.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

She totally did.

DiDa Ritz reminds me of my sister. The jaw line, the facial expressions. The weird little thing she did with her head when she was making a point. So... it sort of threw me when I noticed it last night. I freaked a bit.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:46 pm 

I feel like the next three to go will be DiDa, Madame, and The Princess. They all seem very nice but not assertive enough.

Also I love Chad Michaels for the plastic surgery real talk in Untucked.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Just caught up! I wasn't sure about Sharon when I first saw her, but I'm definitely on board with the Sharon love now. I also love Latrice, but I've not made up my mind about anyone else yet. I want Jiggly Caliente to up her game - I want to like her more but she just doesn't seem to be working. They always seem to have a contestant who's consistently either just safe or in the bottom two for several episodes, and she seems to be the one for this season.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:03 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Good gravy. Those girls just failed that challenge. Weak, weak, weak. I can't say I am disappointed with who went home.

The further we get into this season, the more tired I get of Jiggly and Madame. They really need to go.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:46 pm 

At least Jiggly didn't walk around with a neon sign over her that said 'Insecurity' this week!

Every time Sharon wins anything I act like someone just scored the winning basket in the awesomebowl or whatever that thing is called. But I was confused because they made it seem like Ru wasn't into it during filming and then she won.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:30 pm 
Nailed to the V

I didn't think The Princess was going to WIN, but it would have been nice to see her go a little further. It seems like she went home because DiDa shouldn't have been in the bottom two to begin with. If it had been Madame La Queer, The Princess would have stayed. I'm really starting to like Chad Michaels, what a nice personality. And Sharon looked GOOD in the infomercial video, with the long black hair.

I'm halfway through season 2 right now (love Pandora Boxx and Tatianna). I started it before season 1 because I can watch it on the TV set, but then I'll go back. I wanted Sonique to win, but when she and Morgan lip synced for their lives, Morgan's dancing was so good that I watched the performance over and over. She deserved to stay that one more time.

For the first couple episodes, I kept going "Wait, which one is Shanté?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 pm 

I read a rumor (emphasize, RUMOR) that Sonique went home when she did because the producers found out that she was planning on transitioning. Why that meant she couldn't compete, I don't know, so I think it's bunk. She still performs and labels herself as a drag queen.

DiDa's dress last week was awful, I don't know why she wasn't immediately thrown off the stage for that.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 pm 
Nailed to the V

So was Willam's, I thought! And she had some five o'clock shadow. And I forgot to mention, I also really like Latrice Royale. I wasn't sure at first, but I like that drag style and she's a sweetheart with a good backstory.

That's interesting about Sonique, I like a good rumor but that sounds like an easy one to make up. I didn't feel like she necessarily got robbed, she never stood out much...but I liked her for the military school backstory and also I thought she was attractive. Not that I put much stock in looks, I can't stand Raven. I would hope that if Sonique were trans, the producers would be more supportive.

(edit: pronoun)

Last edited by Garrick on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 pm 
Nailed to the V

double post, ah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:04 pm 

Willam ALWAYS has a five o'clock shadow.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:39 pm 
Nailed to the V

Finished season 2! I was rooting for Jujubee a lot towards the end (loved her dancing), and against Tyra, but in the end I think Tyra deserved it just fine**. RuPaul seemed to love and favor Tyra throughout the whole season (the way Tyra treated Angelea on ANTM all-stars).

About Sonique, did you mean she IS in fact trans and the rumor is that that's why she was booted? I watched the reunion episode and Sonique came out to the group as trans and said she's been on hormones since leaving the show. So whether or not that's the reason she was kicked off is unclear, but the transitioning part is true. She does still perform as a drag queen. Reminds me of a trans man, Jol D. Principle (NSFW) who performs around here, and identifies (if I can speak for him) as both a gay man and a drag king.

**I hope these spoilers are okay now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:46 pm 
Nailed to the V

Right after Sonique's coming-out moment, they started talking about Morgan and Mystique's fight or whatever, and Morgan said right there, "You know, at the end of the day, I'm a man. I'm not going to let people disrespect me." GOD.

Also, I liked Tatianna so much after she came down on Morgan for treating Mystique like crepe. When Morgan said she just felt sorry for Mystique, Tatianna was like "She doesn't need your pity!" The whole season was kind of hate-on-Mystique, even after she left.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:58 pm 

The rumor is that's why she was booted.

They seriously needed to back up off of Mystique. I think it was clear that she wasn't prepared to go on the show and that she probably didn't have as much money to spend on clothes as the other queens. She had enough crepe to deal with.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next