| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

mrsbadmouth wrote:
http://www.seattlegayscene.com/2011/03/yes-its-another-drag-race-related-post-shangela-cast-in-pilot-for-new-nbc-series-starring-don-johnson.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GaySeattleBlogspot+%28Seattle+Gay+Scene%29&utm_content=Twitter

That show will probably never seen the light of day, and it sounds kind of awful, but I want this to happen. So, so badly.

It does sound kind of awful, but its got a powerhouse collection of names behind it, so I think they might actually give it a try, even if it ends up immediately cancelled. Don Johnson probably still has a lot of cred piled up from Nash Bridges syndication.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:34 pm 
Nailed to the V

lavawitch wrote:
I don't like any of this crowd as much as I loved Pandora, Jujubee, and Nina Flowers. Even Raven and Shanel were more entertaining than most of these ones.

I LOVE Pandora and Jujubee, but Nina scares the crepe out of me. I guess I like that, though...? (I love Divine, so maybe being scared of a queen is a good thing.)

This season, my favorites were/are Delta and Raja. I HATE SHANGELA AND STACY.
Spoiler: show
It was leaked that Raja wins, which I guess I should be happy with, but girlfriend has 20 years experience and works with Tyra Banks. Not fair.

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:36 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

chatter710 wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
I don't like any of this crowd as much as I loved Pandora, Jujubee, and Nina Flowers. Even Raven and Shanel were more entertaining than most of these ones.

I LOVE Pandora and Jujubee, but Nina scares the crepe out of me. I guess I like that, though...? (I love Divine, so maybe being scared of a queen is a good thing.)

It was leaked that Raja wins, which I guess I should be happy with, but girlfriend has 20 years experience and works with Tyra Banks. Not fair.

I thought that was a spoiler for the current episode, oops!

Not that it's a shocking spoiler, though.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 pm 
Nailed to the V

mrsbadmouth wrote:
chatter710 wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

I thought that was a spoiler for the current episode, oops!

Not that it's a shocking spoiler, though.

Sorry, I can't label the spoilers to be extra spoily! But yeah, it's totally obvious. C'mon, Sutan. Of course you'd win, you fierce bisque.

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

i am finally watching drag u.

cannot believe that shanell is still trying to rock those terrible fake tits with that awful "cleavage." shanell. stop it. i can't do anything but stare at the black lines on your chest, not in a good way, girl.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:55 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Nina is such a sweetie though! She looks a bit scary, but she is just a melty ol' teddy bear.

I finally watched the last episode. loved the straight guys. Most of them had such great attitudes and a lot of fun. But, what I really want to know is what did Carmen really strip down to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

lavawitch wrote:
Nina is such a sweetie though! She looks a bit scary, but she is just a melty ol' teddy bear.

I finally watched the last episode. loved the straight guys. Most of them had such great attitudes and a lot of fun. But, what I really want to know is what did Carmen really strip down to.

Her tuck. For real. So, duck tape and queen bits.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 pm 

joanna wrote:

cannot believe that shanell is still trying to rock those terrible fake tits with that awful "cleavage." shanell. stop it. i can't do anything but stare at the black lines on your chest, not in a good way, girl.

I can actually conjure up a mental image of the exact episode you're talking about. It's pretty bad. They're doing another season this summer/fall!

Does everyone watch the Untucked episodes too? The jock one is my favorite so far. 1. Manila's jock looking so pretty and then sitting all hunched over and serious like a total dude. 2. Alexis' jock saying "I'm from Europe, so i'm very...Euro." to explain why he was hitting on Alexis. Damn dude, if you can't be a little gay on Drag Race, where can you be? You don't need to explain yourself?

Also, what Carmen did to her jock was a crime. It reminded me of Revenge of the Nerds, when the football players dressed up like Cheerleaders. He looked like a frat boy who lost a dare, not a drag queen.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:28 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I miss untucked. Last season it was on iTunes, which is where I have to get DR.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

joanna wrote:

I don't think I made it all the way through Drag U because of Shanell. She looked like someone's mom trying to look hot in an age-unflattering way. (This is not to say that older women or moms can't be hot, because I think homegirl is my age.) And they just kept using her! Ugh.

I was so disappointed that they brought Carmen back, and I would've stopped watching if she'd beaten Raja in the lip sync.

I've never watched Untucked. Is it worth it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:34 pm 
Nailed to the V

Rachell, it's worth it if you like watching 22 minutes of pure bisqueing, meaning: Yes. Watch it now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:04 pm 

Yes, totally worth it! They also show a little unaired footage.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:11 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

joanna wrote:
"carmen would have glued two wigs to her boobs and called it a day."

HAHAHAHA totally.

i'm going to miss shangela. i think that she was right that the girls hated on her so much because she was competition for them. she has been a drag queen for a millisecond and made it to the final 5 with girls who've been doing it 5, 10, 20 years! if she figures out how to do her makeup (it's called YOUTUBE TUTORIALS, SHANGELA!) then she will go far.

I respectfully disagree. The reason the other girls hated Shangela is because Shangela was a user and a bisque with no respect for the girls who helped her get where she was. See for example Yara asking her opinion on lines, and Shangela asking her to be quiet. The only reason Shangela made it as far as she did is because the other competitors dressed and styled her. I get that Shangela has a great stage presence, but if dressing, hair and make-up are part of being a drag queen, let her come back when she's learned them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:33 am 
Nailed to the V

Squeak wrote:
joanna wrote:
"carmen would have glued two wigs to her boobs and called it a day."

HAHAHAHA totally.

i'm going to miss shangela. i think that she was right that the girls hated on her so much because she was competition for them. she has been a drag queen for a millisecond and made it to the final 5 with girls who've been doing it 5, 10, 20 years! if she figures out how to do her makeup (it's called YOUTUBE TUTORIALS, SHANGELA!) then she will go far.

I respectfully disagree. The reason the other girls hated Shangela is because Shangela was a user and a bisque with no respect for the girls who helped her get where she was. See for example Yara asking her opinion on lines, and Shangela asking her to be quiet. The only reason Shangela made it as far as she did is because the other competitors dressed and styled her. I get that Shangela has a great stage presence, but if dressing, hair and make-up are part of being a drag queen, let her come back when she's learned them.

Yeah, it seems like Shangela doesn't even know anything about drag, dressing herself, doing makeup, or being nice. She was only invited back because she causes drama.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:59 am 

i think that we are all actually saying the same things about shangela. i am saying that she's only been a drag queen for a year, CLEARLY doesn't know how to do it...but she is still managing to outperform queens who have been doing it a lot longer. which makes her a threat.

you will not convince me that she was any bitchier than any one of the heathers. also... bisque-y kind of comes with the drag queen package. i've never known a drag queen who wasn't supremely bisque-y (but still soooooo much fun to be around). the only ones left who i've never seen been bisque-y are yara and alexis, and even they have their moments.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 pm 

Yeah, i'm trying to think of the past queens who have not been bisque-y at all. The big girl from the first season, but she was only around for one episode. Uh. Bebe was pretty nice, at least I don't remember her being cunty. Nina was also pretty nice. Sahara?

Even Pandora, the most likeable girl in the history of the show, talked a little shiitake now and then. It's a competition show! Not only are they fighting for a prize, but for screen time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Last night, I cried. It really was hard to watch the LipSync.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:52 pm 

awwww. i love yara. that was super sad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:36 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Noooooooo, I love Yara. I missed last night's because the earlier time conflicted with my Sam Huntington crush. I'll have to watch online now.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I liked Yara, but I'm happy with that outcome. Those were the girls I wanted to see in the top three. It almost felt like she threw it, though. On the other hand, while Alexis sometimes doesn't know how to dress herself, she is a really good performer.

Now I'm curious to see which RuPaul song / video they'll be shoe-horned into.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:50 pm 

if you watch the untucked for no other episode, watch it for this last one. it explains so much about what was going on with yara.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:04 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I absolutely adore Yara, watching the untucked episode was difficult for me.

I really wanted her to win. :-(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:35 pm 

Next week is the finale! I'm so excited yet so sad because I need drag queens on my tv (computer, whatev) every single week.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:49 am 

Here I am, pretending to be shocked at the ending.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:19 pm 

Drag U season 2 professors!

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/646102 ... id=1641767

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next