| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:20 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

FabulouslyFierce wrote:
RuPaul walked right past me on the sidewalk in front of my building while I was taking my doggies out the other day and I was too much of a chicken to say hi :/

WHOA.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:03 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

The new cast has been revealed!

Adore Delano, who clearly won the fan vote, is in there. So is Courtney Act, which is a little surprising because she's Austalian. Maybe she has dual citizenship but there's never been a non-US queen (besides PR, but they can work here apparently) so I just assumed we'd never see her. No Vicky Vox, sadly. The one (boo) big girl looks familiar for some reason.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:05 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

mrsbadmouth wrote:
The one (boo) big girl looks familiar for some reason.

Me too, but I know it's not related to a drag queen that's why she's familiar. I'm getting an image of some female actress, comedian maybe... having this same exact pose and facial expression in a shot somewhere. I know it's not Lindsey Lohan or Mean Girls, but that same kind of genre. Argh it's driving me crazy! SNL? Bah I don't know!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I can't see a bigger picture, so I'm just going off what you posted. I agree, the big girl (that sounds really horrible) does look familiar. The third from left, top row looks like Michelle in her prime. The second one down from on the left looks a bit like Naomi Watts. And the second one down from the right looks familiar too. I have a feeling the top right and/or bottom right (third row) will be the comedy/quirky queen.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:30 pm 

They did a scavenger hunt across social media this year, so right now there's not one place I can link to that has full sized photos and names. Adore is top left, and Courtney is the one right under her.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:36 pm 

My initial instinct off these photos is that I will like Adore the most... But methinks it's just cause of that wig :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 pm 

Adore is sooooooooooooooo cute, and she makes youtube videos so i've seen a lot of her. The only thing I don't like is her voice, I think she makes an effort to sound 'bisque-y' because that's the character she's going for, and it doesn't sound very natural. Hopefully one of the judges will address that, but maybe it's just me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdoresWorld
http://www.youtube.com/user/DannyNoriega

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:24 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I have only seen seasons 2 and 3, so I'm majorly out of the loop and didn't know that Carmen officially transitioned to female after the end of S3. But how awesome is it that she's like "what's up, Victoria's Secret? I'm available." http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/14/showbiz/t ... ?hpt=us_r1

But really what I came to post here is this (from the above-linked article):
Quote:
If Carrera ever does become an Angel, Campbell said she would bring RuPaul's trademark charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent to Victoria's Secret, and thinks she's on the right path.

Please tell me someone at CNN knew what was being published, someone very low on the totem pole, and snickered to themselves, while it went over the heads of all their superiors.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:04 pm 

It's possible the person who said it didn't even realize what they were spelling out!

I don't follow Carmen online, but I know when the Drag Race fan page posted about her being a VS model, a lot of people said they didn't want her to be the first trans model because of her horrible attitude.

Also, please join me in downvoting the helllllll out of some of those comments.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:24 pm 
Nailed to the V

I keep rewatching the teaser, and I get goosebumps every time. Logo's website also has all the Meet the Queens videos up, y'all probably know. There's so many good ones this year. I'm also sad that there's only one big girl, but she seems to have good potential!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:23 pm 
A Bad Person

We're less than a month away!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:08 am 

Yeah, I'm kind of freaking out over Adore. I find her just completely ridiculously sexy. I hope her personality throughout the show hold up to my very high expectations! Heh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:11 am 

I'm really excited. There seems to be a high ratio of weirdos this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:22 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh, awesome. I need to get my mom hooked on this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:23 am 

I'm just gonna put this right here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:36 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

What is it? On my ipad it's just a blank.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:02 am 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I'm just gonna put this right here.

Um... well now. hmm.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Excited! Thoroughly crappy day, so this is exactly what I need.

I got my mom to record it, so I'll work on getting her hooked. Pretty sure that won't be too hard.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:08 pm 
A Bad Person

Has anyone used an Amazon season pass for the previous seasons? Are new episodes posted the day after or sooner?

I'm signed up for the show, and I'm going to sign up for Untucked as soon as it's available.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Just watched ep. 1 of season 6
Kelly and Vivacious wee doing nothing for me so either one could've gone home.

I couldn't stop looking at Michelle Visage's breasts during the judging. I'm deeply curious about her underpinning/support garments because my breast never looks like that unless I smush them up with my hands.

Kind of sick of Untucked being a cry fest. How did the topic of mother's even come up? It was just weird.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:27 pm 
A Bad Person

Kind of surprised to see that one of the two drag queens with the most experience went home already! Not that Kelly's wig wasn't awful.

I think Adore is going to get on my nerves. She's totally annoying. But so was Manila and I love Manila.

Laganja's boy hair is amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:12 pm 

Oh wow. So many things to say, I don't even know if I'll be able to remember them all.

Kelly's wig (and dress) indeed awful, so I think it's only fair she went home. But I got sad about it when, during the lip-synch, she would do this wild/sexy kind of face thing and all of a sudden I was super into her. Ah well.

I didn't love either of Vivacious's outfits at all, but yet I found her super charming so I hope she can bust out some better looks.

I find that 'get on my nerves' thing about Adore to be super adorable actually, but I can see how it would be that way, for many people, and who knows, maybe me too! I think she's hot though. :P

I felt like Laganja kept doing an Alyssa Edwards impersonation, and I was annoyed no one clocked her on it! Out of drag I'm loving her, but come on! Be yourself!

Um, Ben De La Creme... holy moses. That dress. And her BODY. And her voice! Augh! She's so amazing.

Gia Gunn, I can't decide. I think she's super hot, and I do kind of love a good bisque. We'll see!

Saving the best for last... Holy mother of Shesus. April Carrion is so forking sexy. Whooooaaaaaa. Both of her outfits blew my mind grapes. And she seems really sweet, too!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:14 pm 
A Bad Person

Gia was doing a lot of shiitake talking! I hope she can back half of that up!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:10 pm 

Brian made Ornacia his twitter icon and that is why he is my favorite husband.

I think the idea of initially splitting up the queens is fine, BUT they should've posted both episodes tonight. It's not very exciting otherwise.

I've thought Adore was super cute since she entered the fan vote for last season, and so far she hasn't done the voice thing that I don't like. HOWEVER, she made a video after losing to Penny and specifically said that she was kind of glad she lost because she had time to learn to sew. So what the fork, Adore.

I don't know if I can pick out top three possibilities yet, but I will say that I think Adore and Vivacious are definitely not it just because Adore is still too inexperienced and Vivacious' club kid aesthetic is going to end her sooner rather than later. I don't know if Gia has the personality to go all the way to the top, but we'll see. Carmen surprised me with her ability to be funny in the stand up challenge of season three.

Kelly's wig alone was enough of a reason to go home. What was that? It looked like it came from the bargain bin of a Halloween store. Also I pointed this out to Brian at the end, but in the quick preview they showed at the beginning of the episode, you can see Vivacious clomping down the runway in some weird alien costume on all fours, so as soon as they announced the bottom two you knew who it was going to be.

Also Kelly's lipsynch strategy was just to rip off moves from various Madonna videos. She did at least five that I see.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:39 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next