| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:45 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm watching for the first time ever because i loved danny noriega when he was (ever so briefly) on american idol. i feel a little like i jumped in the deep end; i'm a little out of the loop on all the slang. but i was definitely entertained!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:46 am 
A Bad Person

PREMIER PART 2 TONIGHT! I'm literally half as excited as I was last week! (not really, fully excited)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:10 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Finally watched episode 1.
And I don't know who I like. But Bendelacreme was EVERYTHING!
Vivacious had oodles of talent, I just don't know that she can make it work in the structure of the show.

And I would watch the ever living out of a reality show with Alyssa. Make this happen!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:14 pm 
A Bad Person

You know what I look forward to this week? More grand entrances that end up slightly embarrassing as the queens realize that not everyone is in the work room yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

brian wrote:
You know what I look forward to this week? More grand entrances that end up slightly embarrassing as the queens realize that not everyone is in the work room yet.

The grand entrances on the premiere are my favourite part of the entire season, so I'm so glad we get to see it TWICE this time!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:00 pm 
A Bad Person

The entrances weren't quite as grand this time, except for Milk and Bianca. Speaking of Bianca, she's kind of funny, but I hope she stays funny and not mean! Either way, she's probably going to bring a lot of sick burns to Untucked!

When Magnolia came in talking about Seattle and trash, I thought she was going to ape Jinkx. Then she started that party dress challenge and bitched the entire time. And that dress. And that wig. And that nose.

I like that Milk and Vivacious are in this season because they're both club kids. I don't know anything about club kids except what I saw on Party Monster, but I love that movie. Also, how tall is Milk?!?!

I don't want Darienne to go next week. Her personality is great, so I hope she can keep up for a little while. And MBM already called Courtney in the top 3, but I'm not convinced yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Magnolia Crawford is, hands down, the worst queen to ever walk across that stage and i'm kind of thinking that was what she was going for.

Brian doesn't know about Courtney. She'll have to really fork something up to not make it to the top three. Like barf-off-the-side-of-the-stage level of fork up.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I could tell Courtney was gonna be one of the top 5, at least, but she should've been able to do a lot better in that challenge.

Darienne's outfit was a hot mess. I hope she steps it up. But I'm glad she won the lip synch because...

Magnolia was just terrible. From all the stuff she pulled out of that box, how did she only manage to pull off a shitty tube dress that looked like she just wrapped the fabric around herself a couple of times? Her hair was terrible and her make-up was terrible and she had the worst attitude I've ever seen in all 6 seasons of the show. And right out of the box! It's like she never even watched the show before. You can't go into your first runway and be all shitty and defensive when you know your look is awful.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ugh so glad Magnolia went home! I liked Darriene's personality but yeah, that outfit was awful. So far I'm liking Bianca and her humour. And I agree with MBM, I'd be very surprised if Courtney wasn't on the final 3.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:01 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Holy. shiitake balls. Im I'm love. Um, Milk!!! Out of drag. Is like the most gorgeous creature I've ever seen. Dudes this is my dream man. I can't even think about anything else to comment on even though I wanted to go through and speak to them all like I did with the first ep. I didn't like the white beard, though I do love bearded queens. But everything else of that outfit was so great. But mostly I'm in love. So there's that. How much longer can I keep going on wit this post?! Apparently still more.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:58 pm 
Inflexitarian

Magnolia would've stayed longer if Ru didn't split them into groups. When you're looking at 7, it's a lot easier to pick out those who would normally coast by for a few episodes.

Courtney, just like Magnolia, doesn't know how to sew so I doubt she'll make it to the top 3 especially Ru consistently call out queens who don't sew.

So many of the queens look cute out of drag!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:17 pm 
A Bad Person

Oh, I disagree with that. I think if there were 14 queens from the start, Magnolia still would've gone first. Did you see Untucked? She had no intention on staying. MBM has a theory that every season includes a grenade who's just there to get eliminated in the first week. Magnolia was a grenade. Serena Cha-Cha was a grenade, but she managed to scoot past Penny because Penny was awful. Mimi, in All-Stars, was a grenade. Alisa Summers was such a grenade, that I had to look up who got eliminated first in season 4 because she was so forgettable. Venus might not have been a grenade, but Shangela (in season 2) was definitely a grenade.

But the point is, it seems like there's always one queen who simply doesn't belong, and Magnolia was it this year. If Magnolia was up against Kelly, I'm certain Kelly would've gotten a second week on Drag Race. Magnolia was awful. Or maybe it would've still been Darienne against Magnolia because I can't decide if her outfit was worse than Kelly's bacon. But her wig was definitely better than Kelly's.

Kelly is so weird. I mean, she deserved to get eliminated in that first episode, but she's one of the few queens with a Wikipedia entry and she's got quite a lot of credentials! Even if she wrote the whole biography herself, the list of TV shows she's been on is at least as long as Willam's!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:10 pm 

They definitely have roles to fill, and a grenade is one of them. Just like they need some funny queens, some pageant queens, bigger queens, older queens, noob queens...I don't think Kelly was a grenade so I think she would've survived if they were all together. The previous queen that she most reminds me of is Nicole Paige Brooks, not necessarily a bad queen but doesn't really bring much to a reality show.

I can't decide who the grenade was in season three, India had horrendous old school makeup so I want to say it was her. The grenade isn't necessarily the first person to go, but there are definitely always 'busted' queens that are more likely to go home early so the girls that the producers want featured can stay longer. I thought Venus was gorgeous and I didn't want Shangela to go home, but I definitely don't think she deserved to be first. Mimi was definitely the grenade for All Stars, but I don't think she was the grenade for season three because (I think) it was obvious that she could not handle the pressure of competing and that was her downfall.

Mars, at the premiere they asked the cast which other queen they would sleep with and almost all of them said Milk.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:42 am 

Haha! Swoon!

Okay maybe now that I've collected my thoughts:

Bianca: Amazing dress, I even love her very severe-lined makeup. My fav thing about her though is how effortless that character seems to come to her, she's a definite show-stopper. I really want to see her lipsynch but I have a feeling she'll not be in the bottom two for a loooong time.

Courtney: I like her personality a lot, and the thing she was saying in un-tucked about being a girl and a boy and different people having different sexualities, awh man, luv. However, I think her drag seems super boring so far!

Darienne: Most boring outfit ever award! Her personality though is amazing! I especially love her out-of-drag interview clips.

Joslyn Fox: I feel like I should hate her, but... I think I actually might love her! Her favorite pit crew is also my favorite pit crew.

Magnolia: Well, I give her credit at least for having such a strong conviction to her pencil-thin nose trash queen!

Trinity: How adorable is she?! She has this kind of sweet and sensitive thing going on, but with an obvious naughty/mysterious side. I think we'll see some neat things from her.

And then of course we all know how I feel about milk. In all seriousness though, she should have had a milk mustache rather than beard. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:57 am 

I wouldn't say the song is good, but the lyrics are funny. BYE, FELICIA!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:26 am 

Almost had to stop watching that, but then Tammie Brown's Tina Turner came on, that was pretty cute.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:07 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Again, I am late to the game.

But I just had to tell you that my daughter is so angry that Courtney is actually a guy. Alex has such a crush on her.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:02 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

One of my friends pointed out tonight that Milk is giving a modern version of Vivacious, which makes sense.

I'm bummed that Bianca is moving so quickly from quick witted ribbing to being outright mean, but I did love her runway look tonight.

Trinity is growing on me, though I feel there's a split. In drag, she seems very sweet, thoughtful, and kind (she was the first to break off from her group to greet the other queens). In interviews, she comes off more shady with a side of stupid.

Joslyn seems pretty dumb as well, but she's so damn bright and cheerful I can't help but like her....she's like some Lisa Frank stationary come to life.

Gia is nowhere near as talented as she seems to think she is. I've hated everything I've seen her in, and most of what's come out of her mouth. From the different looks she's wearing in the Untucked opening, though, she's sticking around a while.

Darienne is funny and talented, I just haven't cared for her looks on the runway.

Adore just seems dumb, but at least she's not bisque-y dumb.

I loved April on the runway tonight (and last week, for that matter). I really think Ru had her in the bottom two because she could take Vivacious, where Adore would have probably gone home.

As keeps being said, SO many of them are very handsome gents this season. Bianca, April, Courtney, Ben, Magnolia,...I'm not that fond of Milk out of drag, but what the hell, she can take a turn, too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was a little disappointed that Milk said in a solo interview that she loved Vivacious's look/style but said nothing when everyone was discussing the other queens. Maybe it was just editing, but surely the rest of them would've followed up with something if she'd said anything positive.

Agreed on Gia - she doesn't have the talent or the look to back up her attitude. And she just comes off as so dumb and/or oblivious/self-absorbed. I'd like to say she won't make top 5, but I thought the same about Tyra Sanchez and Rebecca Glasscock.

I didn't think I'd like Ben, but I've really liked her runway looks so far.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:02 pm 
A Bad Person

WOOOOOW the difference between the two versions of the horror movie was so obvious! Team Adore was underprepared! And I thought for sure Adore would be lipsynching for her life. But that lipsynch between April and Vivacious was rather good for being the second elimination! But really, I thought Vivacious's performance in the challenge was way worse than April's.

It does seem a little disingenuous for Milk to have nothing to say about Vivacious on Untucked.

Gia is for sure just a little dumb! I mean, I can forgive not knowing what a DeLorean is, but she looked genuinely surprised that a 60's horror movie would be black and white!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:47 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Wow I didn't know anyone, apart from me, that actually watched this ;). This is great news! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:57 pm 
Inflexitarian

I wonder why the judges (or any of the girls for that matter) didn't call out Milk for wearing a similar outfit to the one in the 2nd episode?

Bianca will do well in the Snatch Game but I'm already over her non-stop commentary/jokes. ugh

I like Vivacious' look but it seemed to be mostly about paying tribute instead of putting her own personal spin on it. Would have liked to seen more though. Bianca being snippy and no one really backing up Vivacious during Untuck, I had to turn it off. It just wasn't for me.

April is cute in and out of drag.

Adore should have been in the bottom 2.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:32 am 

Yeah I agree Adore should have been in the bottom two, even though I really do like her. That whole thing was just so messy!

SweetT, Milk's outfit was only similar to the one she wore entering the dressing room the first time, the judges wouldn't have seen it.

I'm loving Bianca's bitchyness, I'm loving how quick-witted she is with snips and comebacks, I think that shows some serious intelligence! She was pushing the line a bit though with the Beyonce thing. I agree Vivienne doesn't look like Beyonce, but let the girl dream why don'tcha!

I'm still madly in love with Milk. Gah something about the way she moves her body and her smile or something I DON'T KNOW.

April is so adorable as always.

And like before, I have a total soft spot for Joslyn even though I'm so not that interested in her style of drag! Her comment about the pink box with a vagina inside it on untucked was SO CUTE.

But... in other news... I just got done watching the episode and checked my FB... only to see I was invited to some drag show here in Portland that's tomorrow... AND MILK IS HEADLINING IT.

Um...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:36 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

UMMM indeed. Oh I wish I had known sooner.

I can't stand Gia. We keep saying she is like PhiPhi without the talent. But really, she is much more like Jiggly.

I really really want to see more of Ben Delacreme. I love everything about her right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:19 am 

I couldn't go, cause it was an early show and I had to work late. :'''''''(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next