| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:31 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I would liken Bianca's bitchiness to Willam's - i'm not saying they aren't bisque-y, but I feel like it's part of the character/a knowledge of how to get screen time. Like when Willam told everyone that she was gonna learn Spanish by the time she won when they were all meeting.

It didn't bother me that Vivacious was doing weird club kid stuff, it was that it's super dated and not exciting. Yes, that outfit had big spikes on it but it's not the kind of outfit you need to keep looking at to notice details, and we all know how the judges feel about costume-y stuff anyway. For that reason, i'm also worried about Milk. I don't want her to rely on a crutch of fake noses and beards and other gimmicks, and I don't want her to get sent home over it.

I think the most likely to go home in the next few episodes are Gia and...uh. Well I would say Joslyn but she did great in the acting challenge. I think the playing field is pretty even, but I will be really surprised if Courtney, Bianca, and Ben de la Creme go home any time soon.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:00 pm 
Nailed to the V

Oh no! I've been so MIA but obviously I've been watching obsessively.

I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel about Adore, but I think she's really sweet and that goes a long way for me. Rupaul is taking an active interest in helping her work on her problem areas.

On my birthday, Josh called upon a couple queens to wish me a happy birthday, and Darienne did! I love everything about her EXCEPT her runways. So far.

Courtney is such a great person, I think! I love her in the Untuckeds, when she talks about the fluidity of sexuality or loving oneself. She seems so genuine. And I think she's striking.

I've read a couple popular episode-by-episode reviews, and some people say they don't like this group of queens, too much pageant aesthetic, yada yada, but I think this is one of the best batches yet! I don't necessarily dislike anyone, but my least favorites are Trinity and April and probably Joslyn (too boring?)—my favorites are Ben, Courtney, Darienne, Milk and Bianca. I even don't mind Bianca's constant bisque-y commentary. And I won't mind seeing Gia week to week, cause I love watching her, and that's not how I felt about Phi Phi.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:22 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

buhhhhhh isn't it supposed to air mondays 9/8c? I FEEL GRUMPY RIGHT NOW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:44 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

gia's main point (i think) of milk not stepping it up on the runway is something i agree with. i didn't like her look this week. actually, i have yet to like any of her runway looks.

april carrion could have won ms. congeniality if she stayed longer.

laganga flip out over people "stepping" on her moment was over the top but bianca really needs to tone it down. speaking of wish, i wish she would take makeup pointers from darienne. she would be in my top 3 if she did

i was not buying benet's excuse about the flipper slurring her speech. it's tough to talk with on in but after a week, you get use to it and i say this as someone who had to wear a flipper for 6 months.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:04 pm 
A Bad Person

For a little while, Bianca seemed like she could be funny, but now it seems like she's just saying the shittiest things at the worst times. I'm quickly losing interest in her schtick, and those crazily painted eyes.

I thought Ben's group did way better at the musical than Adore's. Also, Adore's face after they told Courtney that she won the challenge was PRICELESS.

So unless someone seriously forks up, we're probably going to get Darienne and Trinity in the bottom two. And how hasn't Darienne figured out yet that Michelle hates green!?!?

Outside of Untucked, Milk and Joslyn were completely absent from this week's episode! I think Milk is kind of skating through so far, since she's not doing badly but not really standing out either. Without the runway critiques, we didn't even see if the judges had anything to say about her runway look, which was obviously designed to catch attention.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:16 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Ben is quickly becoming one of my faves! I thought that group did a much better job. Courtney has such an amazing voice!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 pm 

This is the hottest group of boys in Drag Race history. I love how different Ben's boy voice is from his drag voice and he's super cute.

Here's my problem with Milk: it's not the weird drag, and the fact that she has to use some kind of prop every single time. It's that I don't think she has the personality to back it up. She seems rather shy and reserved and I think if you are gonna constantly rock prosthetics, you need to have a BIG personality. And just show them that you CAN do 'normal' drag if required. Even though i'm no longer a Sharon fan, she made it a point to do girly drag in the second episode just to show the judges she could, and she had a wit to match her gothy drag styles.

It may just be a case of editing though, she got almost no screen time this week.

I still like Bianca, but 'sorry if you were offended' is not an apology.

Next week is Snatch Game! Time to separate the women from the boys.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:00 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I would have rather seen Darienne with Trinity than April. She worked sooooo hard! I feel like being cast as the big girl (I guess they opted not to have a butch queen?), not being a singer, and having the language barrier all worked against her. I also thought she chose the wrong dress to lip synch in.

I thought there were a lot of great one liners in this episode, from Joslyn saying she would channel Bianca for butch, to Bianca asking if Gia was in a Whitesnake video.

I'd agree with that assessment of Milk. I actually would have even loved tonight's outfit, if she'd just have had better makeup. And I would have really liked for her to have stood up to Gia, instead of leaving Joslyn to deal with her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:40 am 

Yeah I actually was bit disappointed by Milk this episode. :'(

Pretty sad that Arpil went home, I like her a lot. In fact I'm pretty annoyed that the two she performed with (Laganja and who? I can't even remember?) weren't in the bottom two. They were totally boring and nothing to see at all!

Trinity's lipsynch was killer, so I'm not upset at that choice in the end, but I just think April should have been safe to begin with.

I'm with Michelle on Adore, in that I'm really tired of her sad-sack look (I think it's more than just not cinching, I think if she didn't want to cinch she could pad more, bigger breasts, and get some poofier wigs! It's like every piece of her outfit is just kind of saying 'eh').

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Wow..i didn't agree with any of Ru's decisions.

i can somewhat rationalize giving Ben the win instead of Bianca based on Ben picking an unusual character but being a Judge Judy fan, i think Bianca nailed it.

how did trinity not end up in the bottom? did she say anything remotely funny as nicki minaj?

milk....milkmilkmilkmilk...how she wasn't in the bottom lip syncing for her life or better yet, sent home is beyond me. i totally agree with what gia had to say about milk. milk is still a cute boy but that's about it

the bottom three should've been trinity, milk and langanga. they were all terrible in different ways

gia was beginning to grow on me so i'm a little bum she was sent home so soon, crooked eyelash and all.

laganga during untuck was just...ugh. her little breakdown has made me like bianca and adore more.

echoing what michelle visage said, everyone knows snatch game is part of the competition so why are queens surprised by this challenge is confusing to me.

i kind of like ben more out of drag more than in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:02 pm 

I loved Bianca's Judge Judy for sure, but I loved Ben's Dame Maggie Smith too, and since Ben's runway better channeled Ru, I think that's what edged her out for the win.

I definitely think Trinity didn't say anything good as Nicki, but she at least channeled her the whole time and didn't just sit there doing themselves. I think Gia and Laganja were both definitely quite terrible in the Snatch game. I'm glad one of those two went home, but after seeing untucked I'm definitely more wishing it was Laganja. Damn that was annoying.

Milk not being in the bottom two did surprise me, I thought with the boy Ru thing combined with a pretty bad Julia Child, she was in trouble. However I loved her boy Ru, her mannerisms were spot on, and it wasn't just an exact boy Ru copy, it was exaggerated and over the top, totally making it into drag, in my opinion. But I live in Portland and our drag shows here, well... let's just say Milk is just the tip of a very demented iceberg. Honestly, I bet Ru was sort of expecting it. I mean, that's a pretty iconic version of RuPaul. We'll see though, she's certainly walking on thin ice at this point in the show.

I love Courtney so much. She's always saying such liberal-minded, positive things. So sweet!

I want more from Joselyn. I feel like I can never really remember her drag, but in those out-of-drag interview clips, she's so freakin adorable and funny!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I really want Milk to be better. She relies on gimmicks too much, and it's gonna be her downfall. She's already seen it happen to Vivacious. I swear, half the time it feels like none of these queens have ever watched the show, because this is the kind of thing that happens every season. The only queen who got past the "sticking to my version of drag" thing was Jinkx, and that's because she realised it was gonna send her home, listened to criticism and did what was asked of her.

And yes, Snatch Game - if you're not prepared for it, you must not have expected to get that far, so why were you there in the first place?

I'm glad Gia went home. Was that a first, with her being bisque-y as she left? I don't remember anyone else leaving as gracelessly as that. She may have been right about Milk, but it shouldn't have been her parting shot. She's sure as hell not winning Miss Congeniality.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:18 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

rachell37 wrote:
The only queen who got past the "sticking to my version of drag" thing was Jinkx, and that's because she realised it was gonna send her home, listened to criticism and did what was asked of her.

i think sharon needles set the bar for this. she stuck with her version of drag even when doing glam looks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:05 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

This episode clinched Ben as my fave, although I think Bianca's Judge Judy was great, too. I thought for sure Milk was going to be on the bottom with Laganja and even though she irritated me, I'm quite surprised Gia went home so early. I find Trinity so boring, I won't be sad when she leaves. I was also surprised how ho-hum Courtney's Fran Drescher was, I thought there was a lot you could do with that character. And it seems to me that Adore acts like Anna Nicole Smith most of the time anyway so I wasn't that impressed.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:09 pm 
A Bad Person

I'm a day late because Amazon didn't post this week's episode until today. And Untucked still isn't up!

Gia's Kim Kardashian was awful. Milk's Julia Child was awful. Trinity's Nicki Minaj was non-existent. Ben, Bianca, and Adore were excellent. Everyone else was forgettable!

I am not sorry to see Gia go. She talked so much shiitake but she could barely perform. She had a look and that was about it. She was shitty all the way through. I didn't get Laganja's character (no idea who Rachel Zoe is) but at least she had a character. I don't think she had any business in the bottom two.

Ben's top three material. As much as I hate to admit it, I think Bianca is too. Whereas Gia was just shitty, I think Bianca would be more liked (at least by me) if she kept half of her comments to herself. Despite her competitive attitude, she helped Adore with the cinch. Phi Phi or Roxxxy would've never done that. Maybe she doesn't see Adore as a threat, but she still extended a hand. I can't call the third queen. Early on, it looked like Courtney, but I see Ben and Bianca putting a shitload more work into it than Courtney.

Milk is not escaping the next difficult challenge. I don't think Milk can perform as well as the other queens, and she's starting to catch the judges' attention and not in a particularly positive way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:33 pm 
A Bad Person

MBM reminded me that I forgot Joslyn. I don't know that character, but she was also fantastic! Joslyn might last longer than some of the others. She's kind of flying low, but she's not forking up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 pm 

As soon as Gia said she wanted to do Selena, she should've been whisked off the set. Selena, latin music star who was murdered by her manager 20 years ago. Yeah, that would've made great comedy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:25 pm 
A Bad Person

She said Selena because she didn't have anything! She clearly didn't have any plan for Snatch Game!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:30 pm 

Selena was her plan! She's not the first person who decided they were going to play pretty for Snatch Game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:33 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

One thing I have been noticing about Bianca is that she is snotty but it isn't particularly bisque-y. There was a bit on Untucked this week where she called Lestranga out and then followed it with some advice. She is competitive but not throwing anybody under the bus (yet).

Ben's Maggie Smith was killing me. It was just amazing. Bianca's Judge Judy was spot on and never faltered.

I am afraid that Trinity will end up in the top three and we will have another Tyra Sanchez.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

SweetT wrote:
rachell37 wrote:
The only queen who got past the "sticking to my version of drag" thing was Jinkx, and that's because she realised it was gonna send her home, listened to criticism and did what was asked of her.

i think sharon needles set the bar for this. she stuck with her version of drag even when doing glam looks.

Ugh, you're totally right and I can't believe that I forgot about Sharon!

I really can't see Trinity making it to the top 3. Unless she pulls something out of her asparagus or gets a challenge that totally suits her (e.g., just looking pretty and not having to actually do anything), I'd guess she'll be in the bottom 2 in the next episode. She just seems so disinterested in being there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:06 pm 

Poor Milk. I think Santino had the right of it when he said that if she'd just put as much effort into her glam as her outlandish drag, she'd have been fine. That being said, I'm a little tired of Darienne being in the bottom 3, but not two.

I'm worried about Courtney. She was a great singer, of course, but her runway looks are downright boring at this point.

Not sure what was up with Ru interrupting everyone this episode. It's her show, she can be as much of an asparagus as she wants, but fork's sake.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:35 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Did anyone notice Milk's jean and hoodie outfit on Day 1 in the workroom? He looked cute but this surprised me for some reason.

Milk, Darienne and Trinity are all bad but in different ways so I was more than ready to see anyone one of them go home. What saved Trinity this week was her runway and Salt n Pepa lip sync and nothing else.

Love Ru for calling out Courtney. I hope she steps it up.
Is Courtney Act suppose to sound like 'caught in the act' or 'cognac' ? What am I missing with her name?

In her own words, Joselyn just might be the 'black' horse in this competition in that she'll probably go further than what people expect

Bianca not winning the Library challenge? Anyone else surprised by this? She reads the girls all.the.time.

I really dislike the older high strung character Ben tends to play when in drag. Watching her is exhausting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:54 pm 

Courtney Act is "Caught in the act." When you say it with an Australian (or apparently Bostonian) accent, it comes out.

I love Ben in and out of drag. I think she's charming in different ways in either incarnation. Same with Joslyn.

I'm also pretty astounded that Bianca didn't win the reading challenge, though I'm really glad there was no one painfully bad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:22 pm 
A Bad Person

I agree with both of you, Squeak and SweetT. All of it, except I'm still into Ben. I actually thought Ben would get read for not being crazy or sexy enough, but being safe is almost as bad.

Courtney Act sounds like "Caught in the act" if you say it like you're from Australia, which is where Courtney is from. If she doesn't start showing them more than singing talent and a nice body, she's out.

The only thing that surprised me about Milk going home is that it was her first lip sync, and Trinity has been up there twice. Trinity has also made the same excuse three weeks running: "I've never done this before, so I did my best." Is anyone up there not doing their best? I mean, other than Magnolia.

Joselyn is already way further than I expected. I mean, didn't know anything about any of the queens before the competition started, but she kind of seemed like someone with no chance. But she's kind of riding this thing out, so good on her!

Who's up next week? Trinity and Darienne? Neither of them are going to win it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next