| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: The Pokemon GO Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:28 pm 
BAD PASS

Probably needs its own thread instead of clogging up the Facebook Awkwardness one.

(Plus, I have a lot of questions it looks like I'm going to be asking Mr. Shankly about it...)

Post subject: Re: The Pokemon GO Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:51 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

waiting patiently for it to come to Canada even though it wouldn't be too difficult for me to get it the roundabout way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:54 pm 
BAD PASS

I made friends with the new beer runner because we are on the same "team." (Am I saying that right? Team?)

I really have no idea what I'm doing, but it's fun. I'm disappointed none ever showed up around my house. The nearest Pokestop is a block or so away.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:59 pm 

Hello! I live in one of the town squares so there's about a million Pokestops near me, even one that I can roll from my apartment. I also live near a school and comic book shop so it's like nerd heaven which means that after a certain time of the day, nearly every Pokestop for miles has a module in it. I've been dropping incense and walking around to the Pokestops while they have modules and can barely move because I'm catching so many. I hatched an egg today and will probably start a new one tomorrow. There's a gym at my friends apartment and we're both Team Valor (red). This group of kids keeps taking his gym over so I'm going to try to help him bring them down.

I saw an article about how Pokemon Go is helping people with depression by getting them up, out and walking. Obviously it's too early to know anything for sure but it sure has been helping me. I've been having a rough time lately and it is giving me a reason to get up and go out, but it also helping me to get things done. The laundromat doesn't seem so awful when I have to go catch new Pokemon there!

My boyfriend doesn't like this but I think it's kind of cool that everyone knows what everyone else is doing (playing the game) so random people are just walking up and chatting with people and really, honestly interacting with other people to play the game. The other night there was a group of us telling each other where different Pokemon were so we could all catch them. Also, the teens are playing smart. There's a group of them sitting outside the town library (two Pokestops and another across the street) with their phones hooked up to the public charging station and have attached modules to the Pokestops. Clever! Now that I think of it, the comic book shop should be a Pokestop!

I will take someone else's words to describe the game: "It's the best mostly-broken game I've ever played!" The game crashes all of the time for me, the servers go down a lot and my GPS drops out a lot (that one is my phone/phone providers issue). I'm having a lot of fun though!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:07 pm 
WRETCHED

The game hasn't crashed on me but it's fun. I've found myself taking longer walks due to it :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:10 pm 

Also, this may be helpful for people: http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-go/How ... ur_Pokemon

Also, also, info about the peripheral: http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/11/121530 ... lease-date

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:11 am 
BAD PASS

Mine crashes a lot too.

I stopped by the pokestop at the park by my house on my way home and there were 3-4 groups of people also playing out there. We all smiled and waved at each other. It's kinda cute.

I still don't know how to overtake gyms, but I've been powering up certain pokemon so they'll be strongest when I do try. I am also on team Valor!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:07 am 

Woo hoo TEAM VALOR! UNITE! I think it has a little tutorial to show you how to battle at the gym. You have to beat the Pokemon that's currently there and if you do, you get to put yours in it. If you can hold a gym for 24 hours you'll get some items, coins and bragging rights. Some of them are already really difficult, one of them near me has a Pokemon in it with over 900 CP.

Have you been evolving any Pokemon?

They're going to be adding trading in the next update and fixing some of the server issues so hopefully less crashes and freezes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:23 am 
BAD PASS

Oh woah! I hadn't evolved any yet, but I just evolved a Pidg-something into a Pidgeot and it was super cool and now his CP is 488, and he looks very majestic.

The gym at work has one with over 1300!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:30 am 

I evolved a Pidgey too but it didn't have that much CP! Whoa! When I evolved my Zubat, that had the most CP. I haven't seen anything as high as 1300, wow! What is the Pokemon?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:31 am 
BAD PASS

It's a Snorlax.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:38 am 

A bunch of the gyms here seem to be occupied by Hypno.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:52 am 
WRETCHED

How do I know what team I'm on? I saw 3 teenage boys at the park playing this morning, there is a gym there. I just reached level 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:57 am 
BAD PASS

When you get to a gym, I think, tap it and you'll be prompted to choose a team? I think that's how I got it to come up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:22 am 

Yeah and it'll give you a quick run down of the different teams.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:19 am 
BAD PASS

Apparently now I have too many Pokemon so I have been transferring them to "the Professor," which seems to be the only option I have. So I'm doing it. Haha.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:39 am 

Wow, you must have a lot of Pokemon! I just got back from the laundromat- it's a dead zone for Pokemon. Nothing can make laundry fun, haha.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:27 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Still haven't joined the fun, but it is more and more tempting every day. I was about 20 when Pokemon first came out, so it doesn't play into the nostalgia factor for me. I do like a good crooning jigglypuff though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:36 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

OK, new top ridiculous story (aside from that screencap of a guy catching a Squirtle NEXT TO HIS GRANNY'S CASKET DURING A FUNERAL), a friend of a friend works at a hospice facility and witnessed a woman's 30-something-old nephew lean over her comatose body to catch a Pokemon.

It still sounds like a fun game, but like texting or anything else it's something you need to do responsibly and respectfully. I have no doubt the PPK contingency are respectful players though!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:49 pm 

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-07/12/10/asset/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane03/sub-buzz-17255-1468332940-37.png?resize=625:390&no-auto

This meme was altered recently to have it say "25 year old". The original meme made more sense considering pedobear is driving the van.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:52 pm 
BAD PASS

I don't think I get why anyone needs to lean over anything or walk into traffic or go into someone's yard to get them... If they're on my screen, it lets me tap them. Is that not what it does for everyone?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:54 pm 
WRETCHED

Yeah, if you have a visual on them, you just tap them. I was driving and my phone buzzed but I'm not that crazy. I did catch 2 inside Trader Joes but I pulled my cart to the side and I wasn't in anyone's way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:59 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-07/12/10/asset/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane03/sub-buzz-17255-1468332940-37.png?resize=625:390&no-auto

This meme was altered recently to have it say "25 year old". The original meme made more sense considering pedobear is driving the van.

Come on, man, just cause I'm in my 30s doesn't mean I don't know pedobear when I see him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:02 pm 

Then why post a meme that doesn't make any sense?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:18 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Because I wanted someone to overanalyze it and drain the only remaining drops of humor from it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next