| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Survivor Caramoan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

COCHRAN!!!

(And I really hope Philip goes with boxers this time around - those red briefs were not okay.)

Post subject: Re: Survivor Caramoan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

It started! I never knew Survivor was on already (I was thinking February).

Yes, COCHRAN!!!!

And Philip! (sounds like)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:08 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

It's not on until February, but I saw the first commercial last night. I can't wait! :)

Here's the full cast list: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 pm 
WELFARIST!

Oh, no, Brandon Hantz. I guess this is a Fans Vs. Faves round.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:02 pm 
ol' garly cooch

I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it this season, because it really isn't a faves--it's just a couple of faves with a bunch of lesser known players. I might be convinced because of Cochran and Special Agent Phil.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Brandon is a definite drawback, but they could put just about anyone on with Cochran and I'll watch. I feel the same way about Ozzy.

Ooh, I'd like to see Ozzy and Malcolm in the same season - that would be pretty sweet!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm 
WELFARIST!

Phillip and his tightie reddies are back!

Does anyone else get the sense that to Phillip, his Survivor seasons are long running jokes and he's just the straight man who never gives up on playing it out and he'll go to his grave still deadpan with all these unshared punchlines inside him? I had a boyfriend like that, once. I kept waiting for his punchline as life went on. And waiting...and...waiting....

And Cochran!!!! Already, Cochran's playing the game. Everyone (like Ozzy) says he's a coward but he played a ballsy game last time and he's already back at it (voting Francesca off because they seemed pretty friendly in the clips I saw).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm just so happy about this season! I was hoping we'd be spared Phillip's red pantaloons, but I guess it's a small price to pay. Cochran is one of my all-time faves, and I hope he makes it a long way. I know he's going to have some trouble in the challenges, but it was nice to see him give it 100% with those horrifying sunburned feet. He's definitely in it to win it.

I kinda think Phillip is SO much smarter than people give him credit for. Sure, he's kinda nuts, but is he really? Or is that just an act? The world may never know.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 pm 
WELFARIST!

Ha, as soon as I saw Phillips pantaloons when he was arriving on the beach, I knew he was totally playing his "Survivor" character. He's brandin' it. Brandin it with his red Calvins (are they Calvins?)

I know, Cochran's poor feet last episode!

I totally think Phillip is dumb like a fox. I don't think he's nuts at all, I think he knows exactly what he's doing the whole way. But yeah, we'll never know, only speculate, but I suspect he'll NEVAH give it up and keep us guessing till the end of our days.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Although the Iraq vet is probably the most annoying guy on the show at the moment, I'm glad the fans voted out one of the "cool kids". It's usually the pretty, clique-y people who last the longest, at least for the first few tribals.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:00 pm 
WELFARIST!

yeah, and annoying = dramz on this show which means good TV. At least for me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:58 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

DUUUUDE. Brandon needs to see a mental health professional, ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:22 am 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, Brandon's meltdown wasn't entertaining or good television or anything like a stupid staged Jersey Shore brawl. I felt seriously tense and upset in my living room. The show's psychologist should never have let him on. He makes me nervous even through the television.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:27 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I agree. Through the whole breakdown, I kept wondering how he got past the psychologist. He's a completely different person than he was last time. In his first season, he was all religious, never swearing, apologizing for every action that could be interpreted as a slight against someone else. It's shocking how much of a 180 he did. Survivor should be ashamed of themselves for using him for ratings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:01 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Tribal council's like that one are my favorite thing about this show!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I usually dislike the strong, good looking guys with the attitude that they are better than everyone else, but Malcom, Reynold and Eddie really don't fit that stereotype. And I have such a weak spot for Malcolm. I think he played it VERY well tonight. I just loved their faces!!!

And I am happy they actually did use their idols because too many times people have been burned by that. Good riddance to you-know-who!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:29 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

That was an amazing tribal council.

I am really happy to see Cochran is still in the game. He's always been my favorite.

Also...Phillip was really rude when he jumped into that beautiful pool all full of mud and rice. Rude and inconsiderate to the resort proprietors. It wasn't the reason he was voted off, but it didn't help.

Malcolm did legitimately find that second idol, right? He wasn't sitting on two idols all along, was he? He's playing an amazing game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:15 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

As soon as he found that idol, I thought "Oh, man, how sweet would it be if they played both!" But I really didn't think he would, since there are no guarantees for next tribal. I'm absolutely rooting for either Malcolm or Cochran to win, and it looks like one of them will probably end up in the final 3. I can't either of them switching to the other's alliance, but at least there's someone I'm rooting for on each side!

And good riddance to Phillip. His whole Stealth R Us thing was annoying as hell, and he was basically bullying everyone into doing his bidding, while he sat back and did not earn his keep at all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 am 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, Phillip wasn't too interesting this time around. His madcap's eye-rolling and I didn't care. Also interesting to see what happens when certain personalities who were strong in seasons past blend in a new mix of people and then fade into the wallpaper. Brenda was a force on her past season but this time, I don't even know who she is.

I only semi watched the last two episodes but I admit I was kind of pissed when Malcolm took the idol from Reynold two councils ago. I know it's a game and all, and it's good strategy yadda-yadda but that just rubbed me the wrong way. Too arrogant a move, or something. Mind you, I didn't really watch the episode leading up to it to understand if Malc was feeling especially threatenend but regardless--he already has an idol! Use your own damn idol! Don't take Reynold's, Greedy!

But yeah, Malcolm's playing a good game but I'm starting to feel about him like I once felt about Ozzy: I was once an Ozzy fan until he bullied Cochran when Cochran was on his tribe and the recent idol interception with Malcolm made my once-swelling heart go all 'pfft'. It's OVER between us. I was always for Cochrane to win the game all the way, anyhoo!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:09 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

This is truly turning out to be one of the best seasons I've watched. I too would love to see Cochrane win but my prediction is Andrea. She is playing a great game and I find her intelligence is under-rated because of her physical beauty. She's also probably the best female at challenges.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:01 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Go Cochrane!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:39 am 
WELFARIST!

Yay! Cochrane's still in it!!!! How is it that he's played the game twice now and he's never done anything shitty, said anything shitty (or untrue, or unobservant) or been in any way shitty at all that I've seen? He's the type of player who can watch both seasons he's been on and feel okay about everything he's done on the show. No shame there! And he does well!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:12 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

seitanicverses wrote:
Yay! Cochrane's still in it!!!! How is it that he's played the game twice now and he's never done anything shitty, said anything shitty (or untrue, or unobservant) or been in any way shitty at all that I've seen? He's the type of player who can watch both seasons he's been on and feel okay about everything he's done on the show. No shame there! And he does well!

Actually his behaviour was shitty the first time he played, and tonight it was shitty again. Can't stand Dawn either. She is always whining about what a good person she is and how hard the game is for her, but she is the first one to stab others in the back.

I mean, I know it's the way the game rolls, but really?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, after I posted that I kind of remembered--he turned on his tribe his first time out. Then again, they bullied him and treated him badly and I would have turned on them too.

I only saw the second half of tonight's show. I felt bad for Brenda! She was really upset.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:46 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Brenda will rue not playing harder for that immunity challenge for the rest of her life. Poor thing.

I like seeing Cochrane stay in the game, but it was hard to see Brenda go. She's played a strong, low-key game. I wonder what influence she will have on the jury and how she will vote at the end.

I wonder if Eddie will win an immunity challenge next time around...he seems destined to stick around while the players are busy blindsiding each other.