| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:09 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So let's get this elephant out of the corner: Agent Coulson is a clone or something, right? They hinted at it already. Or maybe he's a terminator.

My only real disappointment was that I thought that J. August Richards was going to be a regular cast member, and not just the dude they save in the pilot. I was actually surprised by the little amount of Whendonverse alum, but maybe that's on purpose to keep the show from being to obviously Whedon-y?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post subject: Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:37 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Coulson's a buffybot! Or something. Overall, I was...pretty underwhelmed. I thought the main cast, with the exception of Ming-Na Wen's character, was pretty bland and boring. It was nice seeing J. August and Ron Glass, though. I'll keep watching since it's the Whedon fam but so far I'm not particularly impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

We debated this last night.
Robot, clone, and holographic something or nother was put forward. Maybe something based on Erskins formula. (I regret to say, we spent a whole lot of time discussing this)

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:12 am 
Saggy Butt

I've seen only ads for this so far and I wondered what it was, I thought maybe a movie. Mostly I was excited by Agent Coulson, let me count the ways I love thee! Apparently according to an ad on local telly last night, it's coming to Wednesdays soon.
Patience is so not one of my virtues.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:18 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I think this was definitely a pilot! I feel like it's going to get better as soon as it gets underway. I usually dislike the whole "setting up the team" plot of 90% of this sort of pilot, but once the team is together I'm pretty excited about where it's going to go.

I'm pretty sure coulson is dead and there's some complicated computer program based on scifi brain patterning of the actual coulson driving him or something. so yeah, pretty much buffybot.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://emmelinesolomon.tumblr.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:33 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I have no idea what Coulson is, I'm keeping an open mind. Clearly whatever mind it is, it thinks it's human even if it isn't. I thought the pilot was decent enough and I'm very curious to see where they go! Definitely going to keep watching. (Was super excited to see Ron Glass)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:10 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Should I watch this? I'm a huge Whedon fan and I enjoyed The Avengers, and while I'm stoked that Joss has a new show, I'd much prefer it was his own material. I'm 100% sure that if he wasn't involved, I wouldn't watch this. Is it good, PPK?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:46 am 
A Bad Person

It was pilot-y but I think I'm into it. There's not a whole lot connecting it to the Marvel universe though, or at least not much that's recognizable to casual comic book fans. Like I know plenty about Marvel and I didn't pick up on anything obvious. Even if there aren't superheroes and mutants in every episode, they've got to tie something in with AIM or HYDRA or something recognizable as being the organization or villain behind Centipede. They mentioned something about how Centipede was some kind of mixture of gamma radiation, super soldier serum, and alien tech. I want it to be Skrulls but that's wishful thinking. I don't think they can get away with dropping Skrulls on this show in the first season. At this point, it could be anything but I'm hoping it's something with a Marvel history and not invented for the show.

This show's pretty Joss Whedon, moreso than Avengers. I'm expecting Eliza Dushku to make an appearance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:04 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

this definitely feels like a TV show, and i don't know how i feel about that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:08 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

finally watched tonight, and will definitely watch again next week. i agree that it's joss-y, and i loved some of the writing and delivery so much! the line about a drawing of "a little poop" killed me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:49 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Just watched it. I'm into it. Yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:54 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Just watched ep 3. Still into it! Anyone else still watching?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:46 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am, although I just settled in to watch ep. 3. I am behind.
Any opinion on the Coulson situation?

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

i'm more meh on it than i'd like to be. :( i think i want it to feel more joss-y.

also, the soundtrack/score (for me) is super duper over the top a lot of the time, which i find distracting. i feel bad saying sassy things, though. i really want to love it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:29 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

bluedawg wrote:
i'm more meh on it than i'd like to be. :( i think i want it to feel more joss-y.

This is me exactly. I also really dislike how all the actors feel very... shiny and actor-ish... I like how in Joss stuff they always seem so real and relatable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:58 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

You guys are being diplomatic, so I'll say it: it sucks. I can't believe we could have gotten a Dr. Horrible sequel and instead we got this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:00 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Ohh I'm really into the music. I maybe have a great big crush on the composer. He did the score for Battlestar Galactica too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:24 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Mars wrote:
bluedawg wrote:

This is me exactly. I also really dislike how all the actors feel very... shiny and actor-ish... I like how in Joss stuff they always seem so real and relatable.

Yeah, I think this is pretty much how I feel too. I really want to like it, but it's so uninteresting that I actually forget that it exists.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:52 pm 
A Bad Person

What's up? If you found this show boring after a couple episodes like I did, you should pick it back up at episode 10, The Bridge. It's actually getting into decent episodes now.

And last night's was rather good! Since I know not a lot of people are discussing it here, I'll spoiler it below.

Spoiler: show
We knew it was coming, and we finally got to the Stan Lee cameo. Also, Deathlok! A proper Marvel character! But I wish they would've actually killed Skye, because we know that they're not going to do it. Especially since they're all "hey, there's some kind of stasis pod, let's toss her in!"

It's still not taking advantage of the full catalog of Marvel stuff they could be showing off or even touching on, but it's finally not boring.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:04 am 
Not NOT A Furry

That's good to know. I gave up in the middle of the second episode because I realized I only cared about Melinda May and Bear McCreary. (I was going to watch a future episode anyway where a certain lady shows up, but I'll give Episode 10 a try.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:22 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Agreed, brian. I've been into the last few eps. Jason keeps reminding me that this is not actually a joss whedon show. I wish they'd let us in on skye's secrets before now because I'm actually starting to be a little interested in her, which definitely would have helped previous episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:20 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm really into this show. I like the characters a lot, though I find Ward a bit meh. That bit in the last episode with Coulson and Ward trying to work the holo table was funny in the way some of the stuff in the Avengers was funny. I liked it.

I'm not so familiar with the Marvel universe, but I have a question about the kid that caused the storm in "Seeds". Are we supposed to realize he is a character in the Marvel world?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 am 
A Bad Person

He shares a name with a d-list Iron Man villain. http://marvel.wikia.com/Donald_Gill_%28Earth-616%29

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Anyone else still watching this now we're nearly at the end of series 3? I've been having mixed feelings about this series. I feel like Lash has become somewhat of a racist stereotype in particular - the idea of the savage monster hiding inside the outwardly respectable black man, waiting to break out at any moment and attack.