| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones Season Three! (no book spoilers)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:42 am 
Seagull of the PPK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:14 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Adam Crisis wrote:
oh no youre reading into my comment wrong, I ment non bookies are going to shiitake bricks about what just happened. Im not into forshadowing

oh, i see! okay then. nevermind. My comment is now just for people on facebook acting all smug because they knew it was coming.

I don't know, maybe they were just anticipating it all season and now are finally able to talk about it. It's a pretty big scene to read, much better than to watch (although they did it justice it didn't have the same effect on me as the book did, but probably because I knew it was coming) and I know I was waiting and waiting for non-book people to see it and be all like "WHAT DID YOU THINK. OMG, RIGHT?" I mean, if you have read the book you can't help that you already know! We can't un-read it and stop getting excited because it annoys people!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:11 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

hee, torque, that's awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:56 pm 
Hip Goiter

EW interview with Nikolaj, in which he conferences in Gwedoline (Brienne). Now I want them together in real life too!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/07/game- ... aj-coster/

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:47 am 
Chip Strong

It's so hard to answer these without any book spoilers, but I'll try! They have changed a lot of stuff that was in the books anyway.

IsaChandra wrote:
Is Tyrion King Of The North? And does this mean Tywin has pretty much orchestrated this?

As everyone now believes that all of the legitimate Stark sons are dead, then I'm pretty sure this would indeed made Tyrion King of the North as Sansa is the oldest daughter of the Stark line.

IsaChandra wrote:
And is Blackfish still alive? They made a point of him going to pee, so maybe he escapes.

I totally missed that!

IsaChandra wrote:
And was that a fake Fray daughter? So the whole wedding was fake and the nephew/husband is dead, too?

I would think that there would be tactical advantages to having a Frey daughter married to a Tully, and the Lard of Riverrun, especially as he's now under their control if he's a hostage and hasn't been killed too. Plus it's not as though Walder Frey is short of daughters ...

IsaChandra wrote:
And speaking of which, when Bran worged out both Ghost and his wolf (I forgot the Bran's wolf's name), didn't John Snow see Bran's wolf? And why didn't he assume that Bran was nearby??? I guess we'll find out next week? I hope that John and Ygritte reunite quickly.

Summer is Bran's direwolf and Shaggydog is Rickon's. I'm pretty sure that was Summer and Shaggydog in that scene as Jon's been without Ghost for a while now.

IsaChandra wrote:
The Dani thing was awesome. I think that what's his face, the traitor knight that's been with her this whole time, is going to fork something up cause he's being pushed to the sidelines. I love Dani's new boyfriend and Gray Worm had such great sword moves!!!!

The knight is Ser Jorah Mormont. No comment!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:10 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Imogen wrote:

IsaChandra wrote:
And speaking of which, when Bran worged out both Ghost and his wolf (I forgot the Bran's wolf's name), didn't John Snow see Bran's wolf? And why didn't he assume that Bran was nearby??? I guess we'll find out next week? I hope that John and Ygritte reunite quickly.

Summer is Bran's direwolf and Shaggydog is Rickon's. I'm pretty sure that was Summer and Shaggydog in that scene as Jon's been without Ghost for a while now.

OK after last week's episode, I memorized the dire wolf's names. And then I went to GOT trivia and that was a question! NAILED IT.

SO. My question is even more "huh?" now, because if John saw BOTH Shaggydog and Summer, wouldn't he totally know that his bros were nearby?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

IsaChandra wrote:
SO. My question is even more "huh?" now, because if John saw BOTH Shaggydog and Summer, wouldn't he totally know that his bros were nearby?

I think he was also made to believe that they were dead, so maybe he just assumed both of the wolves escaped and stayed together.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Or maybe he just thought they were some random asparagus wolves. We haven't heard from him since he ran off though, so maybe he'll be like "omgz my bros!" in the next episode.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Imogen wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
Is Tyrion King Of The North? And does this mean Tywin has pretty much orchestrated this?

As everyone now believes that all of the legitimate Stark sons are dead, then I'm pretty sure this would indeed made Tyrion King of the North as Sansa is the oldest daughter of the Stark line.

I forgot to address this. If everyone believes all the male Starks to be dead, Tyrion would be the Lard of Winterfell (such as it is), NOT the King in the North. The Lannisters wouldn't accept a King in the North even if it was another Lannister, and the Northmen wouldn't accept a non-Stark (or ally) as the King in the North.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm 

Hodor is ok.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:30 pm 

Hodor hodor hodor hooooodor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:21 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Dany is a forking badass. She gets like 5 minutes every other episode and steals the whole show. Badass.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:45 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

What the hell is going to happen when Brienne finds out that the Lannisters had cat stark killed?! And how can I both love and hate tywin so much?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:05 pm 

ijustdiedinside wrote:
What the hell is going to happen when Brienne finds out that the Lannisters had cat stark killed?! And how can I both love and hate tywin so much?

That was my biggest concern! I like that Jaime's reappearance was sort of underplayed, but I also wanted some answers.

Also. I wish we had more a sense of retribution. I thought maybe Frey would be killed after Bran told the story about how you can't break the code of hospitality. But no. How weird that Ramsey is Bolton's son! It makes sense. That's why he had to know if Bran and Rickon were alive. I'm happy that Theon's sis is going to find her. And I find myself asking "But how do they PEE????" way too often when I watch this show.

I guess Aria killing those guys was kind of satisfying but not that much. I hope she goes across the Narrow Sea to find the faceless guy! And then she runs into Gendry. And then they have adventures.

Joffrey was amazingly Joffrey. Wow. I love how Cersei is like "He's just kidding" about serving Sansa Robb's head. And he's like "UH, no, I really want to."

Oh and I hope Tyrion and Sansa get out of there, too.

OH and I love that Sam met Bran!

And I still can't stand Jojen Reed. Only second to Joffrey.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:23 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Yes! I loved that Sam and Bran met! I was like "holy shiitake! Something sort of good happened!" And I love Sam's new confidence. Awww! Sam and Gilly! Wait, if we think they are cute, does that mean they are doomed? probs.
Haha. freaking Joffrey. He's so dumb/evil that it's almost funny at this point, especially now that Tywin is there to smack him down at every turn. Tywin hates Joffrey so much even though he's his double grandson!
We didn't see Marjery in the last 2 eps did we?
If Theon could have just taken a few more punches and kept saying his real name, Ramsey would have probably snapped and killed him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:20 pm 

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Awww! Sam and Gilly! Wait, if we think they are cute, does that mean they are doomed? probs.

Ugh I hate this show!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:39 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

yeah, i was expecting theon to keep saying his name. (especially after he asked ramsay to kill him. he's such a wuss. asking for death, but only wanting the easy way out.)

i am SO glad sam was able to help bran out, and tell them about the shards and the secret passageway. YAY!
hodor is so devoted. <3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

You all are so impressive with knowing all the character's names. I think I only knew about 20% of the names. There is just so much to keep track of with this show.

Also, I saw this and totally thought of this thread:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/nevermo ... direwolves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm 
Hip Goiter

Hot damn, show. Hot damn.
First of all, I love Hodor. Thanks for pointing out that he's the best one ever, Isa. His playing with the echo chamber? "Hodorrr hodor hodor"?? BEST THING EVER.
Secondly, the scene with Tywin, Tyrion, and Joffrey was one of my favorites. Their scenes are always so fraught with power plays and insanely impressive acting, so loved that. I loved the look on Tyrion's face when he was all, "Hey I'm not on the receiving end of dad's wrath this time!"
Third, I wanted Shae to leave. Ugh, she's so going to get killed, right? I mean everyone will I assume
Also, I love Gendry. Like freal. Huge crush. I don't know why. Was that actor in something else that I enjoyed? what the fizzle? I want him and Arya to meet up again and live happily ever after. I'm pretty sure that's a feasible thing to wish for in this show.
I'm also looking forward to when Brienne finds out about Catelyn and is all JAMIE NO YOUR FAMILY IS THE WORST OH NO YOU'RE THE WORST TOO BUT YOU'RE DREAMY WHAT DO I DOOOO but by the time she finishes exclaiming she'll prob be dead.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:19 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

RandiJM wrote:
Also, I love Gendry. Like freal. Huge crush. I don't know why. Was that actor in something else that I enjoyed? what the fizzle?

Have you seen Skins? He was Chris in the first "generation" (Gilly was also in that cast).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:48 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:32 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

but he said he knows he loves ygritte.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This episode didn't feel like a finale to me. It was good! But there were so many things I thought were going to happen that they didn't get to. I guess they didn't want the Red Wedding to leave us feeling all gutted before they go away for another year?

See you guys in the True Blood thread!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

creep wrote:
This episode didn't feel like a finale to me.

That was my feeling too!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:10 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Well, they couldn't have another blood letting after the red wedding. There wouldn't be any characters left :).

I wish they would speed up the subplot with Danerysis Targariyon.

I think they have sped up the subplot with the white walkers which made me happy. I was expecting nobody to take the warning from the brotherhood seriously, but the red witch is a "magic person" so maybe it will be just her and the others will go about their petty politics while that disaster builds.

I'm still holding out for Jon Snow to get back together with Ygritte. Ricky Lake is back on the air so maybe there will be an episode along the lines of

Men who desert their lovers for duty and the the women who shoot them full of arrows out of spite. Can their love survive?

I don't think Bolton or Ramsay are all that bright, if the whole point of capturing Theon Greyjoy was to blackmail his father into withdrawing his troops. Theon only has value to his father as breeding stock and by removing his "grey-joy" first, before other appendages they spoiled that for themselves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next