| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Post subject: Re: Mad Men Season 6 (no comic spoilers! J/K)
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:16 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Butternut wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
She's definitely got an established new life for herself, though I don't know how she'll continue to pay for it if she doesn't accept money from Don.

I don't know if she really has things figured out in LA. Her career isn't going anywhere (she doesn't appear to be working or auditioning), and the people that she socializes seem to be mooching off her. She kind of sticks out like a sore thumb in those party scenes.
Yeah, I'm kind of skeptical about how "fine" she's going to be without Don as her meal ticket. It appears that all she ever does is sit around drinking wine in a bikini, get her nails done, throw parties, and otherwise Not Get Work As An Actress. To say nothing of her faux-hippie clothing and wig/hair extension budget; that lifestyle is going to run into money! I'm also thinking it's kind of crappy that no mention has been made of her relationship with her stepkids since she moved out to LA except that one reference to she made to Anna's niece about Don's kids being "enough." We didn't even hear their names when she was picking up her fondue pot visiting Don in NY a couple weeks ago. Is she just going to disappear from their lives without even a whimper? She's come a long way from the Maria Von Trapp number she was doing back in 1966. (And I'm also thinking she'd better give back Anna Draper's ring; not many people have meant a lot to Don, but she was one of the few who did.)

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:23 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

mollyjade wrote:
Megan hasn't started another romantic relationship yet. She's definitely got an established new life for herself, though I don't know how she'll continue to pay for it if she doesn't accept money from Don.

She has the soap opera job, the GF that she did the threesome with Don with and the dude she was dancing at the party with.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:26 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Desdemona wrote:
I loved Bert's surreal musical send-off (the song is from How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying)

Very appropriate! Good catch!

I haven't seen that movie since I was a child. I wonder how well it holds up.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:52 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Holy crepe the actor who played Burt is Bobby Norse the lead in "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying"!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:02 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

beforewisdom wrote:
Holy crepe the actor who played Burt is Bobby Norse the lead in "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying"!

That's neat! I had no idea!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

beforewisdom wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
Megan hasn't started another romantic relationship yet. She's definitely got an established new life for herself, though I don't know how she'll continue to pay for it if she doesn't accept money from Don.

She has the soap opera job, the GF that she did the threesome with Don with and the dude she was dancing at the party with.

It sounded like the soap opera job was no longer a thing. And just because she had a threesome with one person (and Don) and danced with some dude doesn't mean she's in a relationship with either of them. It seemed pretty obvious, as was mentioned upthread, that she was only using that girl to get to Don in some way. Same with the guy she was dancing with - she was just trying to get a reaction from Don. We haven't seen either of them again, and there was no real indication that she was with anyone else (apart from, perhaps, a pregnant pause in conversation with Don).

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:37 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

beforewisdom wrote:
mollyjade wrote:

No, Megan gave up the soap job to go to LA; that was part of why she was so p*ssed off when Don bailed on moving out there, and we know from her agent that she's been acting crazy and offputting. She kept describing the threesome girl as "Amy from Delaware," so I don't think she's a permanent fixture, and the party guy (I think we're to assume he's the "Joe" she tells Don she's seeing a movie with) didn't look like he'd be able to bankroll Megan's current lifestyle. Tom & Lorenzo pointed out that she might be less inclined to cut the marital chord once she finds out how many millions Don is about to make via the deal with McCann.
lobsteriffic wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:
That's neat! I had no idea!
Morse played J. Pierrepont ("Ponty") Finch in the Broadway show and the movie; the whole thing was a long-running meta in-joke.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:38 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

After you posted about the musical number I looked up a streaming copy of "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying". About 20 minutes into it something seemed familiar about Norse and I went to IMDB.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:30 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Those were my favorite 2 eps of the past few seasons. Bummed we have to wait another year. Why are they punishing us?!??!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Returns in January of 2015

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:19 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Desdemona wrote:
I loved Bert's surreal musical send-off (the song is from How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying)

The song's a classic, but not from that musical. That would have been too on-the-nose for me.

It was a neat send-off though, so unexpected.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23