| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lindsay
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:53 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Anyone watching this show on OWN?

I know Lohan has this crazy past and people are waiting for the next stunt but I want her to get her life on track and march on. Every time her dad comes on screen I feel so bad, so ashamed that someone could do that to their kid. Him telling her that she needs to buy her brother a car...ya okay. O network was pretty much paying for everything while they filmed the series, I bet daddy was hoping to cash in.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Lindsay
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:12 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I watch!

I'm not surprised Lindsay's life coach quit. First, AJ pretty much blew trust when she questioned Lindsay's sobriety on camera (but isn't that sort of reality what the show is supposed to be about?) but, you know--trust: blown right there. You could see how cold Lindsay was to her in their interactions afterward. Also, the life coaching seemed like more pressure: more pressure to meditate, more pressure to be calm and peaceful. I mean, I know you have to include those things in day to day life, but I felt the pressure for Lindsay to seek SERENITY NOW! just watching.

Also, I'm not sure what Lindsay's problem is--how she never shows up for things. Personally, I think she's got a Marilyn Monroe complex (H'wood lore is that Marilyn was always hours late for everything "I ask Marilyn to appear in May and shows up in October," director Billy Wilder once said of her). I don't even think it's a lack of consideration in cases such as LL and MM, I think it's a fear of their public persona. Think of being a famous person and how just leaving your house means expectations. I think Lindsay hides in her room to delay that moment of being LINDSAY the way Marilyn would to avoid being MARILYN. She's like little Norma Jeane hiding in her room, not ready to turn it on quite yet. Makes me sad. I mean Lindsay seems outrageously entitled in this show but there's been no other way of life for her. How is she expected to be any other way?

I feel bad for her in one respect but I also feel like she needs some greater dose of reality in her life. She ain't gonna be in her twenties forevah with Hollywood knocking on her door. She needs to establish a new history of reliability and professionalism so she can really have a meaningful career, if that's what she wants.

All in all, it's kind of a boring show. I mean, it's been mostly Lindsay unpacking boxes thus far, complaining about the chaos of her life and the chaos seems self-imposed in the sense of her having to explain why she isn't on time, why she isn't showing up for things and it just snowballs. Linds could always move to Montana, hole up in a cabin and live that way. No chaos, no paparazzi and she could still be an ACTRESS. I'm not sure that's the life for her, but just to say, there are alternatives. Maybe in this day and age of electronic instant social media and fickle reporting, being in Montana or Idaho or Siberia won't make any difference though...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:39 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I felt that AJ was maybe prompted to ask L those questions on camera - because there are only so many times we can watch her go through boxes of junk. It felt awkward and forced but that whole relationship felt that way, that L was being forced to be on a spiritual path...

She needs some path. I find it funny how every agent says 'she is the best actress out there'...It feeds her ego. I find that they probably say that to let her down gently and for her not to get all crazy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:53 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

missmuffcake wrote:
I felt that AJ was maybe prompted to ask L those questions on camera - because there are only so many times we can watch her go through boxes of junk. It felt awkward and forced but that whole relationship felt that way, that L was being forced to be on a spiritual path...

Yeah, exactly, and I was kind of amused that AJ seemed to be sucked into the chaos of LL's life by a few episodes in--first she was practicing yoga and whatnot and staying in her intended role and then some time down the line, she was alongside with Lindsay's hapless assistant/lackey, Matt, explaining stuff to the movers, trying to introduce LL to that guy at Sony (an appointment LL missed), exchanging clothes at the consignment shop get all involved in the business side and mired in the little details. I mean, isn't AJ supposed to be the force opposing those things, taking her away from that and not succumbing to it herself? She basically became yet another handler, forced to Lindsay's will. AJ lit candles and incense in the chaos, basically.

missmuffcake wrote:
She needs some path. I find it funny how every agent says 'she is the best actress out there'...It feeds her ego. I find that they probably say that to let her down gently and for her not to get all crazy.

Yes. I mean, she's an okay actress, I guess. She's never blown me away with any of her performances by any stretch of the imagination. She's not a transformative actor, in my view--which is how I think an actor should be in terms of craft. I find with the best actors, you have little or no sense of who they are as a person, you only know who they are from their roles.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:07 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

[quote="seitanicverses"]
Yeah, exactly, and I was kind of amused that AJ seemed to be sucked into the chaos of LL's life by a few episodes in--first she was practicing yoga and whatnot and staying in her intended role and then some time down the line, she was alongside with Lindsay's hapless assistant/lackey, Matt, explaining stuff to the movers, trying to introduce LL to that guy at Sony (an appointment LL missed), exchanging clothes at the consignment shop get all involved in the business side and mired in the little details. I mean, isn't AJ supposed to be the force opposing those things, taking her away from that and not succumbing to it herself? She basically became yet another handler, forced to Lindsay's will. AJ lit candles and incense in the chaos, basically.

Ya, a life coach who focuses on spiritual stuff should not be haggling prices on second hand Prada. At the time how many people were watching over her? Four: the original assistant (who looks like he will crack), AJ, the random chick the hired then fired for drinking wine, the sober coach (who looked angry at the end)...That is a lot of people to watch over someone.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

missmuffcake wrote:
At the time how many people were watching over her? Four: the original assistant (who looks like he will crack), AJ, the random chick the hired then fired for drinking wine, the sober coach (who looked angry at the end)...That is a lot of people to watch over someone.

Yeah, her assistant really looks like he's about to crack. You can just see him containing his tension. He's frustrated. Everyone seems frustrated by her and kind of leave in a huff and/or unexpectedly and I'm not really feeling why from what transpires on the show. I mean, you hear about the lateness, the no-shows, the unreliability, the general flakiness (I think that's the greatest source of frustration for all concerned in the show--the flake-o-rama/flakathon) but in terms of translating on TV I'm not feeling it. Why is she so annoying? Why does everyone in her orbit look like they're suppressing the most major constipative bowel movement of their life on this show? I need assplainations.

LL was on Letterman a couple of nights ago and they called Oprah on air and DL asked Oprah how Lindsay was doing and Oprah, very haltingly, said: "She's doing...oo-kay." It just didn't sound very positive. Not at all encouraging. And Lindsay started crying, saying she was moved by something, but I think she was upset by Oprah not giving her the full-on embrance. And the last episode shown last night was filmed on Halloween (Lindsay was booked to make a hundred grand for a two-hour appearance and didn't appear on the carpet until 1 1/4 hours into the gig). And I mean, LiLo, girlfrand, I'm telling you right now you are NEVER GOING TO BE OFFERED A HUNDRED THOUSAND EVER IN YOUR LIFE AGAIN FOR TWO HOURS WORK--EVAR!!!!!

I can't believe I'm saying this but she needs more of a Kardashian work ethic. At least they show up! And the promoters...get their money's worth? (I don't think anyone gets their moneys worth for a celeb showing up for a hundred grand, but whateves. Fifty bucks for a two hour appearance sounds reasonable to me).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:31 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

seitanicverses wrote:

LL was on Letterman a couple of nights ago and they called Oprah on air and DL asked Oprah how Lindsay was doing and Oprah, very haltingly, said: "She's doing...oo-kay." It just didn't sound very positive. Not at all encouraging. And Lindsay started crying, saying she was moved by something, but I think she was upset by Oprah not giving her the full-on embrance. And the last episode shown last night was filmed on Halloween (Lindsay was booked to make a hundred grand for a two-hour appearance and didn't appear on the carpet until 1 1/4 hours into the gig). And I mean, LiLo, girlfrand, I'm telling you right now you are NEVER GOING TO BE OFFERED A HUNDRED THOUSAND EVER IN YOUR LIFE AGAIN FOR TWO HOURS WORK--EVAR!!!!!

I know, she got there at 10:07 - it took her a few hours to splash fake blood on her? She could have splashed blood on herself in the car, and went to the event. It looks like the people around her were not ready. However I did notice she stayed on stage past midnight and maybe tried making it up?

I think everyone around here is so pissed because this show is about her changing or whatever. She is not. I am sure in the past people were pissed but they did not have a camera to capture it. I have been on sets before and the lead has shown up late and it is the same thing. If you commit - you commit. What was up with her pa saying she was up doing secretive projects? She was probably at home filming her self awkwardly hoping Oprah will be okay with that.
If I was Oprah I would be pretty pissed too. Lindsay at one point was like "um, I did not know there will be cameras on me all the time"...Seriously? Oprah is putting her up in the apartment, paying for her bills and all that and Lindsay is bisqueing about being on camera.

Lindsay's friends seem like d-bags. From the dare-knife guys to the people at the end. They seem like the type that are trying to be cool - hoping that they can score something. However L's time is running out the way she is going and there will be nothing to score.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:39 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

missmuffcake wrote:
Lindsay's friends seem like d-bags. From the dare-knife guys to the people at the end. They seem like the type that are trying to be cool - hoping that they can score something. However L's time is running out the way she is going and there will be nothing to score.

Yeah, they seem like terrible influences. And the morning of her rescheduled shoot with Indonesian Elle she was recording said friends at 7:21 AM doing the dare ear piercing (or whatever it was they were doing with a knife). Is that supposed to be compelling footage? I feel, too, (like you say) that she's trying to make it up to Oprah by doing her own spontaneous recording and she thinks it's edgy but it just isn't. It just seemed like footage I'd come across if I happened to pick up a twelve or fourteen-year-old's recording device and watched the stupid, immature stuff they did with their friends the night before.

Also, shouldn't LiLo be in bed resting for the shoot so she doesn't miss it AGAIN?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:31 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I have seen more interesting stuff being filmed by tweens on youtube.

I just saw L on 2 Broke Girls, she just seemed to play herself...Maybe I cannot get past her voice...

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]