| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Arrested Development Season 4 Anticipation Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

It took until like episode 8 or 9 for anything new to happen... it was slightly disappointing, until things started to overlap. I too was surprised when it ended so quickly after picking up so I hope Season 5 rolls straight into it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:54 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm finding it to be just so choppy, and all the overlapping is a fine enough idea in theory... but it just ends up feeling like I'm watching the same thing twice or more and it makes it really boring. Also so fast paced that I can feel myself getting ADD while watching it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 am 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

After re-watching the first three seasons, I was so excited for the 4th. I finished ep 8 last night and I am not loving it yet :(

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

fauxfrancais wrote:
It took until like episode 8 or 9 for anything new to happen... it was slightly disappointing, until things started to overlap. I too was surprised when it ended so quickly after picking up so I hope Season 5 rolls straight into it.

There's going to be a Season 5? I'm only about 4 episodes into Season 4 and I'm kinda meh about it for all the same reasons stated upthread. I, too, had to google to see if it was infact Portia de Rossi playing Lindsey.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

everything i've read makes it sound like there's a lot of uncertainty about a fifth season or a movie or any future anything, which makes the rat's nest of open storylines left at the end of this season even more frustrating. maybe hurwitz hoped that we'd rally and demand closure if he gave us absolutely none, and then the network would have no choice. but honestly, i'm not sure i want more. i felt a little let down by season 3, and this season was less interesting than that one. i think all i really want is an annual four-episode recap of buster's year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:34 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

I finished watching last night. This morning on the subway a one-legged man played Sound of Silence on his harmonica, and I had to stop myself from inappropriately laughing. Instead I put on my best despondent GOB face.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

if only it had been a mariachi band! now i'll always be a little hopeful when one walks onto my train.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:53 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

paprikapapaya wrote:
fauxfrancais wrote:

There's going to be a Season 5? I'm only about 4 episodes into Season 4 and I'm kinda meh about it for all the same reasons stated upthread. I, too, had to google to see if it was infact Portia de Rossi playing Lindsey.

So I hope this turns out to be true, but it seems like it was a battle to get everyone together. My boyfriend said that alot of the time the greenscreen was so obvious when they pieced together parts. I didn't notice it much.

http://screenrant.com/arrested-developm ... 5-netflix/

also to ACR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47e3vjA_4uc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:59 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i just finished all 15 episodes today and overall i liked it but i didnt love it.
there was some good jokes and laughs but overall i was confused here and there. part of it could be caring for a newborn and trying to watch at the same time.

i am so confused by the ending though. it was so abrupt i thought my netflix was screwed up and i was missing episodes. i had to come here and find out that in fact that was the end.
i sure as fork hope there is another season or a movie otherwise that is just the most peas poor ending ever.
i hate that Michael and George Michael are in a fight. there were so many plotlines left hanging i was just like "huh?"
and what happens with Michael's movie?

overall i thought the Tobias and Lindsey plotlines were pretty weak.
and yeah Portia de Rossi.....what the heck did she do to herself? her face was so distracting and she looked scary thin and it makes me sad that she clearly is struggling cause i think she's awesome.

even though i thought Tobias' story was pretty weak i still love love love his character.
i cant decide if TObias, Gob, or Buster is my favorite.

someone mentioned the fact that M Cera looking so different was distracting but i think it actually fit well because in the original show he was just a teenager and now he's supposed to be in his 20s so growing up i think fit the character.

also as much as i like Kristin Wiig, i didnt like her as young Lucille. i thought it was like "look at me im playing lucille!" like too "acty" if that even makes sense.

there was a lot i did like of course i just cant remember the specifics ;-) can only remember the stuff i want to complain about. hahahaha.

i did rewatch the first 3 seasons before i watched this and i was reminded how awesome the first 2 seasons were and how just odd and bizarre i thought the 3rd season was.

also i cant rmember. did we ever find out who was coming down the stairs in one of hte very first scenes between Michael and Gob?

if they make a 5th season or a movie i will definitely watch as i hope some loose ends get tied up!
why on earth would they end it with
Spoiler: show
George Michael punching Michael in the face??

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:07 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

LisaPunk wrote:
also i cant rmember. did we ever find out who was coming down the stairs in one of hte very first scenes between Michael and Gob?
i think it was maeby. at first, i thought it was tony wonder, but then in maeby's episode, she also got spooked at the top of the steps. but i could also be wrong. if it was when GOB force-fed michael the forget-me-nows, then it was definitely tony wonder. but i think the person who sounded like the ostrich was maeby. i have to rewatch. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

supercarrot wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:
i think it was maeby. at first, i thought it was tony wonder, but then in maeby's episode, she also got spooked at the top of the steps. but i could also be wrong. if it was when GOB force-fed michael the forget-me-nows, then it was definitely tony wonder. but i think the person who sounded like the ostrich was maeby. i have to rewatch. :-)

Oh, I thought it was the second person in supercarrot's spoiler. Now I'm confused!

I think the movie will be about making Michael's movie. If there is going to be a real movie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 pm 

Kiddo wrote:
I think the movie will be about making Michael's movie. If there is going to be a real movie.

i think it might be a movie about buster. (wasn't he the only one that they got the release form for?)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:49 pm 
WELFARIST!

Kiddo wrote:
supercarrot wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:

Oh, I thought it was the second person in supercarrot's spoiler. Now I'm confused!

I thought it was the religious girl. "Her" I seriously forgot her name, haha. Anne?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:55 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

it's definitely tony! they show him when they recap that moment at the end of episode 11.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:34 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

LisaPunk wrote:
also as much as i like Kristin Wiig, i didnt like her as young Lucille. i thought it was like "look at me im playing lucille!" like too "acty" if that even makes sense.

Oh that's funny. This has been one of the few things I'm really enjoying about this season. I think she plays an excellent young Lucille! And young lawyer-guy! Oh man, so funny and spot-on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:12 am 

oh yeah. i was like that's GOT to be a relative, and sure enough, it's a winkler.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm loving her as young lucille, too. i think she's perfect. and YES, in the early episode when we first saw a young barry zuckercorn, i was like "holy cow, that guy is doing an excellent henry winkler impression," and then i looked it up. heh.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:07 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I loved this season, and I have no complaints about the show itself. I thought it was magical.

I would have rather watched them in 3 or 4 episode chunks over a week, but was rather committed to the idea of getting it all done in a day. All of the overlapping plotlines became exhausting to follow, but I think in smaller doses it would have been perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:17 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

OMG really? is it his son or something?
that's too funny.
i thought the couple Fonz refernences thrown in were really funny.

i agree with the peeps who said too much Ron Howard. it was funny for awhile and then it was like ok enough we get it you think this is funny...

i loved all the celebrity cameos. someone would pop up and i would be like HEY ITS THAT GUY/GIRL even if it was brief.

the scene with Buster and Lucille 2 and the juice and juice boxes was hysterical. i love Buster.

i think im gonna rewatch all the episodes to see what i missed or overlooked.

also they never explained why George Sr was acting like he was taking estrogen pills or something. i thought someone was slipping him something

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:22 pm 
A Bad Person

I also loved how many minor celebrities popped up.

I don't know anything about Kristen Wiig except that she's in a lot of stuff I really don't give a shiitake about, except Arrested Development! I thought she was a rather accurate young Lucille Bluth. And Seth Rogen was an awful young George Sr. because he was just playing Seth Rogen, which all he knows how to play. Seth Rogen is awful.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:27 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

brian wrote:
Seth Rogen is awful.

Absolutely.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:34 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Seth Rogen is great if he's trying to play like, a stoner or...a stoner. It was especially bad next to Kristen 'I can become anybody' Wiig, if she was going to try and be exactly like Jessica Walter, he should've at least tried to be Jeffrey Tambor.

I think Portia looks beautiful and exactly her age. She has wrinkles and she did not have her nose tip 'flipped up'.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:00 pm 

LisaPunk wrote:
also they never explained why George Sr was acting like he was taking estrogen pills or something. i thought someone was slipping him something

it was because of marky bark's warning when he was wearing the ostrich costume. or potentially the latrine maca. that's also why oscar was getting more bold.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:11 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It was entertaining, but I definitely felt underwhelmed at the end. Filling in the blanks is interesting in theory, but I think a linear storyline might've worked better.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:14 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

I feel really stupid but what's with all the ostrich references?