| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:03 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

No, it doesn't look like she is the brain surgeon. I thought it was so funny when Deb was in the interview room and Dexter gave her the sedative needle. Dr Vogel: "that was interesting"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:16 pm 
Semen Strong

I love the creepy mom vibe Dr Vogel has! Add that to the creepy sister, ghost Dad, and creepy kid.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:07 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Not the brain surgeon, but I'm becoming more convinced that she is completely evil and not just nuts.

Dexter's gross out in that kitchen was hilarious. His hands were shaking when he was examining the fridge.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:11 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Is it next Sunday yet? I hate this waiting between episodes.

Does anybody else think that Dr. Vogel is going to try to kill Deb? I don't think she wants to share Dexter with anybody else. She has some creepy agenda and seems very displeased at any hint that Dexter might have some normal feelings.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
Is it next Sunday yet? I hate this waiting between episodes.

Does anybody else think that Dr. Vogel is going to try to kill Deb? I don't think she wants to share Dexter with anybody else. She has some creepy agenda and seems very displeased at any hint that Dexter might have some normal feelings.

I totally think this, too!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:00 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I think she's either going to try to get Dexter to kill Deb or she'll get Deb to kill herself (from the previews of next week - Deb asking if Harry killed himself, Vogel telling Deb that Dexter can't help himself but she could have).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:35 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I did not see THAT coming. Deb made such a bizarre turnaround to being happy/smiley that I was getting angry at the show for being ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:13 am 
Bathes in Braggs

i knew what was going to happen when she waited for him by the car. uh.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:19 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

VeganinBerlin wrote:
i knew what was going to happen when she waited for him by the car. uh.

Yeah when she was talking to her boss about how she's "more like her dad than she ever imagined" and then she asked about Harry's suicide, I was like "uh oh, she's going to try to kill them both!" and then bam, in the lake the car goes.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

what the fffffffffff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, Jennifer Carpenter isn't a good enough actress to keep me from guessing that that was gonna happen. I thought the guy almost walking in on Dexter when he was getting prints off the shoes was more gripping.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:41 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

Yah, I don't know....it all seems a bit too melodramatic this season. That whole scene with Deb grabbing the wheel and plunging them into the water---and then the part when she saves him and then -- in slow motion--they surface out of the water. I kinda groaned a little.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:59 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'm just glad they got that little thing out in one episode and didn't drag it out throughout the whole season. Everyone that's seen an after school special would know Deb would be contemplating suicide.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 pm 
Semen Strong

Well that was a bit paint by numbers. Don't really get why Deb is now trying to explain herself and ingratiate herself to Dex - like almost killing him makes them even again? The Vogel stuff was so predictable. The only nice part is not having to watch Jennifer Carpenter overact and chew the scenery since she is now becoming used to killing. I was almost willing to suspend disbelief and believe that Dexter is strong enough to ram a curtain rod through a mattress and boxspring. Is he Wolverine now? And Cassie? The absence of chemistry is kind of mindblowing. Dexter needs someone who is a bit more interestingly messed up.

The most suspense I feel at the moment is about whether Angie is going to make Lieutenant or whether its going to go to Quinn. Its interesting to watch the way he takes the lead and keeps the higher ups informed (so he gets credit) while pushing her off to do the grunt work (like taking down addresses etc). Its such a reminder of life at a law firm.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I like that they're giving all of the characters a storyline as things wrap up. I'm happy that Dex and Deb are now a crime fighting duo. Or whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:37 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:
Well that was a bit paint by numbers. Don't really get why Deb is now trying to explain herself and ingratiate herself to Dex - like almost killing him makes them even again? The Vogel stuff was so predictable. The only nice part is not having to watch Jennifer Carpenter overact and chew the scenery since she is now becoming used to killing. I was almost willing to suspend disbelief and believe that Dexter is strong enough to ram a curtain rod through a mattress and boxspring. Is he Wolverine now? And Cassie? The absence of chemistry is kind of mindblowing. Dexter needs someone who is a bit more interestingly messed up.

The most suspense I feel at the moment is about whether Angie is going to make Lieutenant or whether its going to go to Quinn. Its interesting to watch the way he takes the lead and keeps the higher ups informed (so he gets credit) while pushing her off to do the grunt work (like taking down addresses etc). Its such a reminder of life at a law firm.

Haha, wolverine! Despite Cassie not being even a little bit interesting, I did enjoy the nannywhosnameIcan'tremember making Dexter stay home as promised. How can it be that nobody ever asks what he's doing at night all the time?

The Angie/Quinn stuff is such a reminder that women have no forking idea how to get into the boys' club and think just being a good worker is going to get us ahead in life. It seems totally reasonable for her to go to Angel and say she's ready for more responsibility, she scores higher on the test than Quinn, she seems generally like a much straighter arrow, and yet Quinn knows how to play things/gets personal advice from whatshisface/gets special treatment after forking up from Angel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:43 pm 
Semen Strong

Yes, that is well-put. Its hilarious that that is the most engaging aspect of it for me at this point! I was yelling at the screen - give him your card! Go talk to Angel! Don't let Quinn cut you out of the loop on a high publicity case! I mean seriously, after Quinn screwing up mightily last season how is it even a question of him getting promoted? Except that Deb was promoted with absolutely no experience so yeah. I think we are starting to realize why Miami Metro is just so incompetent and normally about 5 steps behind Dexter (I couldn't believe that not one officer thought to look at the properties where Yates had installed cable - only Dex came up with that).

And Dexter stabbing through a mattress might be the minute that this show jumped the shark for me. Seriously, if he flies next episode, I won't even be surprised.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:00 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

The most interesting part of this episode to me had to do with Mathews... First he tells Quinn "This family is really good friends of the station so play nice". Then after the street vendor agrees to make a statement that he saw the son and his Porsche, Quinn immediately calls Mathews with the good news and then later on "poof" the street vendor was paid off to stay silent. But it has to be Mathews who paid off the street vendor to stay quiet... He was the only one that Quinn called and told. And now Mathews is all like "drop it you have no case" Dun Dun DUNNN.

I'm also a little interested in where this Masuka/daughter thing go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:28 am 
Semen Strong

I kind of want the last episode of Dexter to involve the Slice of Life jumping a shark.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 pm 

"Nutella fries"
"You didn't leave a lot of places for me to put the transmitter."

This ep is a dialogoliscious.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:00 pm 

I'm worried about Jamie, because she looks like Zack's victims and she's getting A LOT of airplay.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:02 pm 

Also, her nail color was fabulous this ep! Like a bright teal.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:10 pm 

Oh dip, Hannah is back!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:57 pm 
***LIES!!!***

My husband says, "You know what the worst parts of Dexter are? When they act."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:03 pm 

Yeah, that's not inaccurate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 38  Next