| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:21 pm 
Semen Strong

And there is a spoiler of the whole finale on Reddit, and it is amazing. Holy shiitake, if that is the way this series ends it is going to be a complete shocker. And fit in with the spoilered post above. My mind is blown.

Okay this is definitely a spoiler (even if I don't know that its true):
Spoiler: show
The Reddit piece (http://www.reddit.com/r/Dexter/comments/1lmt40/spoilerpossible_finale_leak_for_dexter_season_8/) has Quinn figuring it out and going to kill Saxon and being the new serial killer and I for one wouldn't ever want to watch a spin-off featuring Quinn. To have him come in and do Dex's dirty work at the end and let Dex go off into the light, while still being avenged, sounds to me like a sell out of the original struggle. If this ends up being true, I am flummoxed by a whole lot of feelings. Though it would be in line with Deb's unbroken streak of picking killers.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:23 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Dumbest shiitake ever. I'm gonna write fanfic.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:12 pm 
A Bad Person

I quit watching Dexter at the end of season 2 because they killed Doakes. After reading the AV Club review of the finale, I am now certain that I made the right choice.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:06 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

What. The. Fork.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That was terrible and completely unsatisfying. Is he Wolverine now? What the fork?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hahahaha holy shiitake, that was legitimately the worst finale I've ever seen of anything. Wow. I feel like my face was scrunched into a total 'what the fork is this' face the entire time.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:10 am 

Erinnerung wrote:
I feel like my face was scrunched into a total 'what the fork is this' face the entire time.

YES.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am 

And how creepy was the Deb shiitake. What? Why did he take her body? What were we supposed to feel? That was...what.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 pm 
***LIES!!!***

In fairness, it was no worse than the finale to Six Feet Under. Coincidence?

When they showed him at the end I thought he was terribly disfigured or something - took me awhile to figure out that was facial hair.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:26 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Oh god, this was so bad. I wanted to stop watching the whole time.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm 
Semen Strong

I am totally spoiled because I really don't want this shitty finale to ruin my appreciation of Dexter and I think I am invested enough that I would feel angry and sick if I watched it. The reddit spoiler I posted above was better than the descriptions that I am now reading. Because there is absolutely nothing in the previous 96 episodes that would ever lead us to think that Dexter would just abandon Harrison. Part of the whole arc was this redemptive power of love, and Dex has always been portrayed as a loving (albeit imperfect) father. I cannot ever see him just leaving his son with a poisoner who just disposes of people she has grown tired of. I could have even swallowed the lumberjack ending, if he'd kept Harrison with him. But this was just a giant F.U. to all the writing that came before it.

I am wondering if its going to be a set up for the rumored spin-off. Though I can't see what the spinoff would be - if it involves MCH then its just season 9 of Dexter, and I can't even care a little bit about anyone else.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:15 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

brian wrote:
I quit watching Dexter at the end of season 2 because they killed Doakes. After reading the AV Club review of the finale, I am now certain that I made the right choice.

I quit after the Trinity killer season, and I'm feeling similarly vindicated.

This show should have been produced in a country where they know when to stop.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:24 pm 
Semen Strong

Or in a country where they know how to maintain continuity and credibility

I think the continuity fairy ended up on Dexter's table in the Trinity season and the credibility fairy ended up on the table in season 7 during the airport kill room scene, with a final crushing blow dealt when Dexter stabbed someone through a mattress and boxspring with a curtain rod. I can't even cleanse my brain from that one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:10 pm 
Semen Strong

You know the whole debacle of the finale could have been avoided had Hannah just dyed her hair. Seriously. Worst. Fugitive. Ever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:11 pm 
Semen Strong

And why oh why would anyone think that Dexter had been on his boat? As opposed to that his boat had just been blown off to see? By Hurricane Laura (same name as his mom).

I liked Hannah stabbing Elway. That was great. The rest was so bad, I was almost laughing at points.

I wish the show had ended Sopranos style with Dex on the SoL heading into the storm. Though MCH with a beard is so hot. Its kind of ridiculous. I really got the idea though, which I think they were trying to telegraph, that there are somethings worse than being a serial killer. Like a lumberjack.

Pretty sure a large portion of the Dexter audience has been singing this since the finale.

You know, that would make an excellent spinoff.... I would totally watch MCH in suspendies and a bra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:36 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I know this belongs in the confessional thread, but I legit cried. Anyone else? Bueller? :(

It was a really shitty ending, but there's something about that sibling love that wrenched my heart.

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:20 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I had been getting more and more annoyed throughout the episode but I lost my shiitake when they showed the ER was *on the waterfront*, pretty much the most inaccessible, safe, and inconvenient place to put a hospital evar. Oh yeah, and he was able to just pull up his freaking boat and make off with a body. Wuuuuuut. Why did he even take the body? I don't even. I feel dumber from watching this season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:58 pm 
Semen Strong

Miami seems like it has the worst public service sector ever. Miami Metro has a nearly perfect record of never catching a serial killer (despite having so many of them) and has so much integrity that they watch one of their own kill a suspect in front of them, on camera, and let it go. Because there are no Internal Affairs investigations into killings by members of the police force in Miami. And so there is no reason to investigate or document - just "Oh shucks, clearly self defense. Lalala." At very least Dexter would have had to be arrested, fingerprinted etc and a statement taken, all of which would have kept him from sauntering into the hospital and walking out with a body of a recently dead cop, load it on a boat and take it out to sea (where it miraculously sinks despite not being weighted down). Oh, and when a guy walks into the ER, bleeding, the whole staff gasps and stares at him, until the security guard puts him in a wheelchair and takes him away. Oh and if a piece of your boat turns up after a hurricane, you will be declared dead and no one will look for your lost kid. Not even Elway, who supposedly would have come to in Tallahassee and realized that Hannah had Harrison, which would now make her a fugitive and a kidnapper. And no one gave a shiitake that Deb's body went missing. I really hated Deb absolving Dex for his actions and telling him to live his life, and then having him just dump her body in an unmarked grave with his other victims and then go lumberjack. I really thought Deb deserved better.

Mental note, stay out of Miami.

The more I think about the finale, the more I laugh. At this point, its just so bad, its like the writers weren't even trying. Supposedly the show runner, Scott Buck is dating Strahovski, which is the only explanation for why Hannah was brought back and featured so prominently, and why they never downplayed her attractiveness, like they would if she were a fugitive. The biggest laugh I got from this thing was someone on TWOP saying "Well I guess we know who killed Laura Palmer now."

I feel a bit sad that we never saw all the members of Miami Metro discover Dexter to be the Bay Harbor Butcher. I think that would have been a brilliant final season, but all hopes of that were squandered. I had really low expectations for the final, and it was even worse than I would have thought.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Everyone has summed up my reaction perfectly. I had low expectations, and even then the finale was a disappointment.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

couroupita wrote:
I had been getting more and more annoyed throughout the episode but I lost my shiitake when they showed the ER was *on the waterfront*, pretty much the most inaccessible, safe, and inconvenient place to put a hospital evar. Oh yeah, and he was able to just pull up his freaking boat and make off with a body. Wuuuuuut. Why did he even take the body? I don't even. I feel dumber from watching this season.

Yeah, like surely that dock is for ambulance-boats or something, not for free parking. Dexter walking out with Deb's body was like the time some guy walked out of my old office with a TV and security didn't question it because he looked confident. But I would kind of hope that the hospital were a bit more vigilant about their patients than people would be about a break room TV.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:38 pm 
Semen Strong

I read a comment that now that Dexter is a lumberjack, he has a Bark Passenger.

And I am still laughing at that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
I read a comment that now that Dexter is a lumberjack, he has a Bark Passenger.

And I am still laughing at that.

Love.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:42 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I love this -everything I felt is exactly what you guys have already said. Nothing Dexter did in this episode has anything to do with the character he's been at any point in the series, and there were a million other stupid things also. Hannah's outfits on the run! Nobody noticing when a patient in the hospital is killed and then carried out through the front door! Etc. Just a total bummer. Masuka wasn't even in the finale, was he? We got no resolution or fitting send off for any of the minor characters.

The worst is that I subscribed to Showtime specifically for this final season of Dexter, it was a total waste of money, and when I called Time Warner to cancel they are claiming my bill will actually INCREASE if I cancel Showtime. Great.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:20 pm 

::shakes fist:: "DEXTER!!!!"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:50 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

What the ever-loving shiitake? I haven't even watched the finale yet, but I read about it because I'm a weirdo who likes being spoiled for things. Dexter just abandons Harrison in a foreign country with a fugitive poisoner so he can grow a shitty beard and cut down trees? I don't even WANT to watch it now. Jesus christ. I mean, this season wasn't great, but what the hell happened here?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next