| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:53 am 
Nailed to the V

I have a feeling somehow Lumin is going down for the murders of Jordan Chase's gang, while Dexter gets away with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:55 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

SuzyHB wrote:
My guess is that whenever the series does finally come to an end will end with either Deb killing Dexter or visa versa.

I don't think Dexter could ever kill Deb. But I could definitely see him letting her be the one to take him out when the time comes. And her choosing to kill him instead of arrest him. Because I don't think anyone wants the show to end with Dex rotting in jail.

blisslikethis wrote:
I have a feeling somehow Lumin is going down for the murders of Jordan Chase's gang, while Dexter gets away with it.

She would certainly have the jury's sympathies, where Dexter wouldn't.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:07 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I think that Deb is gonna find out, definitely this season, and I think maybe she'll be ok with it. >.> She seems especially upset by all the girl's who have been murdered, and it's like she *wants* there to be a vigilante. If she finds out that's the truth, she'll be surprised it's Dexter, but she'll agree with what he's doing.

Like..Dexter will be found out for killing off the guys who tortured the girls, but not for any of the other stuff. At least that's my guess. XD Haha!

Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X063gO7Tdg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:30 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Um...why the fork wasn't Dexter worried about the nanny never calling him? Did I miss something? Did she call him and I never saw it? Something was way eery about packing his kid up with somebody who is pretty much a stranger with a "Call me when you get there."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:32 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Um...why the fork wasn't Dexter worried about the nanny never calling him? Did I miss something? Did she call him and I never saw it? Something was way eery about packing his kid up with somebody who is pretty much a stranger with a "Call me when you get there."

I did not even think about this. What the fork. I don't remember her calling him.

I'm pretty sure she ate Harrison.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:35 am 
Nailed to the V

amandabear wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:

I did not even think about this. What the fork. I don't remember her calling him.

I'm pretty sure she ate Harrison.

Yeah, I forgot about this too. It is weird.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:45 am 
Chip Strong

i just watched the newest episode. i have been dreading the dexter/lumen romance because i'm not excited about the lumen character (i think i'd like her better though if it were a different actress). i was really surprised to find that when they finally kissed at the end i was happy about it. lots of things about their interactions this episode were really quirky and sweet... like when he bought her the pair of gloves just like the ones she has. that was like dexter's version of giving her flowers. because i love dexter, i love that he has found someone who really understands him and who he doesn't keep secrets from. he found someone who knows who he really is and doesn't think he's a monster for it. he has spent his whole life hiding who he really is and trying so hard to be normal... i think it's so interesting that he now has this person who he can be so honest with.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:11 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I thought it was sweet too. I don't really have a problem with Julia Stiles either. I think it speaks volumes about MCH as an actor that he has humanized Dexter so much that really disturbing things are actually considered sweet. I think about that every time I watch the show and find myself wanting Dexter to not get caught.

Really interested to see what happens with all this surveillance footage. Seriously, that whole part of the story makes me so stressed out while watching the show.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:58 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think I'm just bitter and hateful, but I'm not exactly thrilled with the romance thing. Of course I saw it coming a mile away, but I'm still kind of disappointed. I miss old Dexter, when he was totally messed up and didn't care about people. That's what made him interesting to me, and now I kind of feel like they're taking the easy, made-for-TV, 'everything is about romance' path.

Also I just really dislike Lumen.

And I really want Deb to find out about Dexter. I feel like they've been building up to it, with her shooting the Fuentes guy and not feeling anything about it, and then her being so pro-vigilante and saying that she could understand someone killing all these guys. Maybe the end of this season?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:04 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I thought it was sweet too. I don't really have a problem with Julia Stiles either. I think it speaks volumes about MCH as an actor that he has humanized Dexter so much that really disturbing things are actually considered sweet. I think about that every time I watch the show and find myself wanting Dexter to not get caught.

It really does. This show would not work without him.

Erinnerung wrote:
I miss old Dexter, when he was totally messed up and didn't care about people. That's what made him interesting to me, and now I kind of feel like they're taking the easy, made-for-TV, 'everything is about romance' path.

But I think Dexter always cared about people. He cared about Harry and Deb, and he cared about Rita. I mean, he killed his own brother to save Deb, even though he could relate to his brother in a way he can't relate to Deb. The dark passenger thing was more central to the show in the beginning - he had fewer outside connections in season one - but as much as he may have thought so, Dexter was never just a monster.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:22 am 
ugh

amandabear wrote:
Erinnerung wrote:
I miss old Dexter, when he was totally messed up and didn't care about people. That's what made him interesting to me, and now I kind of feel like they're taking the easy, made-for-TV, 'everything is about romance' path.

But I think Dexter always cared about people. He cared about Harry and Deb, and he cared about Rita. I mean, he killed his own brother to save Deb, even though he could relate to his brother in a way he can't relate to Deb. The dark passenger thing was more central to the show in the beginning - he had fewer outside connections in season one - but as much as he may have thought so, Dexter was never just a monster.

Erinnerung, you should read the books, where Dexter is more of an emotionless monster dude - the first season is fairly close to the first book, and the separate from there. Personally, I love TV Dexter a billion times more than book Dexter - he feels like a real person. I can't buy the whole "I have no emotions!" thing when he obviously does.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 am 
Bathes in Braggs

florida has the death penalty. i can say for sure that if dex gets caught for these murders, he's going on death row, especially with the evidence that that slimy PI guy has.

so, PI is going down, Jordan Chase is going down (maybe they collide and kill each other?) deb finds lumen but decides to hide her identity, dex gives up killing and lumen and dex live happily ever after.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I have been dreading watching MCH and Julia Stiles' characters suck face. I knew it was going to happen eventually. Manfriend seems to think that Dexter's not going to get caught/punished because there apparently is another season in the works, but that's what he said. I know nothing.

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:56 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I forgot to say this before but when Harrison called Lumen "Momma," I totally had this feeling like maybe the nanny taught it to him. Which further scares the shiitake outta me that Harrison has been abducted because Dexter's an idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:26 pm 
Chip Strong

i think the lack of a "we made it to orlando!" call from the nanny was just an oversight. if there was really going to be abduction drama there i think we would have seen a call at the end of this episode from the grandparents or astor saying the nanny and harrison never showed up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

takecare wrote:
i think the lack of a "we made it to orlando!" call from the nanny was just an oversight. if there was really going to be abduction drama there i think we would have seen a call at the end of this episode from the grandparents or astor saying the nanny and harrison never showed up.

I agree- while I didn't catch this either I would just chalk it up to sloppy writing, which seems to be par for the course here, no matter how good this show is.

(Remember how in Season 2 Dexter joined NA and stayed just long enough to establish his relationship with the Lila charactor and then his addiction was never mentioned again?)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:06 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

SuzyHB wrote:
I agree- while I didn't catch this either I would just chalk it up to sloppy writing, which seems to be par for the course here, no matter how good this show is.

(Remember how in Season 2 Dexter joined NA and stayed just long enough to establish his relationship with the Lila charactor and then his addiction was never mentioned again?)

I don't know... he didn't actually have an addiction, so when NA had served its purpose there was no reason for him to go back and no reason for him to bring it up. The baby thing makes less sense to me. Why include him asking for a phone call if they didn't plan to pay it out somehow? Although if they never showed up it is definitely weird that the grandparents never called.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:16 pm 
Chip Strong

amandabear wrote:
Why include him asking for a phone call if they didn't plan to pay it out somehow? Although if they never showed up it is definitely weird that the grandparents never called.

i think they just put it in there because that's just what people say when people they love leave for trips. "call me when you get there" is pretty standard and i think it would have been even weirder if dexter had just been like "okay, bye harrison and nanny... don't bother letting me know you're safe.. see you whenever!". if nothing abnormal happened on the roadtrip there would be no reason for us to see the nanny calling to say they had gotten there, because if nothing abnormal happened it wouldn't add anything to the story. we never see dexter pee either, but i'm sure it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

The thing that bothers me the most about the baby thing is the fact that he's only known her for a few months. That is a scary concept to me. I'd never have a stranger drive my baby to another city.

Also, I feel like there have been so many things that just seem weird. Like the "Momma" thing. Is Harrison old enough to even remember the word "Momma?" I mean it was a good plot point to have that said while Astor was there, but something still makes me uneasy about all of this.

I really want to see how they wrap this up in two episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:30 pm 
Chip Strong

i think it is strange, too, that dexter trusts the nanny to drive harrison to orlando. but he also didn't have much of a choice. he was doing what he needed to do to keep harrison safe by getting him out of town. (whether that will actually keep him safe is yet to be seen).

the mama thing was sort of explained. he was calling his stuffed animal mama. i don't know why he would have named it that though. but maybe it's name was something else and that's just how he was pronouncing it... because he's a baby.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:02 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

takecare wrote:
i think it is strange, too, that dexter trusts the nanny to drive harrison to orlando. but he also didn't have much of a choice. he was doing what he needed to do to keep harrison safe by getting him out of town. (whether that will actually keep him safe is yet to be seen).

the mama thing was sort of explained. he was calling his stuffed animal mama. i don't know why he would have named it that though. but maybe it's name was something else and that's just how he was pronouncing it... because he's a baby.

the nanny is with harrison most of the time, though, right? all day while dexter is at work, sometimes all night while he's out cutting people up . . . you have to have a lot of faith in a person to put them in that position. and sometimes kids just make sounds. harrison probably isn't associating "mama" with his mother or anybody else.

as much as i think this kind of relationship is exactly what dexter needs, i really wish he could have found it with someone else. lumen seems so flat. i guess it's a julia stiles problem, because even when dexter is standing still with a blank expression on his face, he feels complex. i don't know what she's thinking about this woman's inner world, but i read something about her work in a film adaptation of the bell jar where she said she was trying to "bring out the humor in the character," so . . . yeah. i think (hope) lumen will take the heat for dexter and disappear. or she'll just disappear. however it happens, she needs to go away. and then the kids will come home. and dexter will marry me. yay! happy times.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:24 pm 
Chip Strong

dexter totally fell in love with her. i don't think he'll let her take the heat for the murders.

i think she is sort of "apprenticing" with him... and that once she is able to do it on her own dexter might allow himself to take a step back from killing to do the family thing while lumen does the vigilante thing. dexter's job will allow him to find people for her to kill, and allow him to help her not get caught.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:37 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I think something's going to happen with Lumen and this detective who's spying on her and Dexter. In the last four seasons of the show, every recurring guest star (Ice Truck, Lila, Prado, Trinity) was killed by the end of the season. I wonder if that formula will finally change--not that I like Lumen or anything. I just can't see how else the detective thing is going to be handled by Dexter with his code and all that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:44 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm sure Dexter could find something dirty about that cop. (Everyone keeps referring to him as a PI but I'm pretty sure he's a cop.) He was originally introduced when La Guerta helped bust him for soliciting a prostitute, after all. But if they play the code card, I could see Lumen killing him to protect Dexter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:00 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

amandabear wrote:
I'm sure Dexter could find something dirty about that cop. (Everyone keeps referring to him as a PI but I'm pretty sure he's a cop.) He was originally introduced when La Guerta helped bust him for soliciting a prostitute, after all. But if they play the code card, I could see Lumen killing him to protect Dexter.

But then if they really draw the code out, Dexter would have to kill Lumen (like with Lila when she killed whatshisname to protect Dexter), which I can't imagine them doing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next