| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:50 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I was behind, but I wanted to add myself to the people who thought the sexing was waaay too early. Obviously theres no normal way to recover from rape/torture, but I cant imagine the first smooch leading to a first time, and it all going super awesome. my bizniss hurts just from watching the episode, lumen could really be ok so soon after watching a dvd of herself? blech. I also thought something would be up with the nanny since shes acted like such a psycho all season. and what the fizzle eli stone you are the scariest mother forker. i didnt think you could top harry and the hendersons guy, but holy shiitake. i need to know more about emily too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:31 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

rocklobster wrote:
I also thought something would be up with the nanny since shes acted like such a psycho all season.

?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:55 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

SuzyHB wrote:

As for Deb ........... sigh; I am guessing Quinn will follow in the steps of Brian, Motherforking-Doakes and Special Agent Rock Star.

Deb's Boyfriend is the Defense Against the Dark Arts position of Dexter. If you have that position, you are dying.

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:17 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

There are a few people in my office who owe me reports by Friday- I just sent out an email with the subject line "Tick, tick, tick........."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:22 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

SuzyHB wrote:
There are a few people in my office who owe me reports by Friday- I just sent out an email with the subject line "Tick, tick, tick........."

Ha!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Wasn't so into the finale. The first 20 minutes were great but the whole Jordan storyline ended way too abruptly for me. I did love the bit with Astor. And that last shot was so eery and disturbing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:32 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I thought it was good~ and no infuriating cliff-hanger! I was sad for Dexter to see Lumen go, but I think it means it'll be a good season next year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:44 am 
Nailed to the V

I thought tonight's episode was good, but I do agree with Mo about the first twenty minutes being better. It's nice to see how Deb has really changed over the seasons, what she did in this episode she would not have done in earlier seasons. I really liked her in this episode. Overall, not super fabulous but I was still satisfied.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 am 
Impressive boner

The first 20 minutes were as tense as episode 11 but the scene between Lumen, Dexter and Jordan in the basement room at the camp seemed far too short and anti-climatic. The resulting scene with Deb through the plastic sheeting almost brought tears to my eyes, as did the last scene with Lumen.

Here's hoping for a fantastic season 6.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I am 50/50 on the finale.

I liked the way the Lumen story line was wrapped up and somewhat to my surprise, I am actually glad that Astor and Cody will likely be back next season. I hope that nanny is back too.

I agree the scene at the camp was rushed although I do kind of like the way that was resolved as well.

Even though I thought that this season was really uneven I am thinking that after last season we all needed a bit of a break from the constant tension of Trinity- and I am also looking forward to next season. I am also glad there wasn’t a season 5 like cliffhanger.

Now for the nitpicking…..The Quinn storyline was wrapped up way too neatly. Even if Dexter cleared him on the blood there were several other reasons why he should still have been considered a suspect in Liddy’s murder that early on in the case (the phone calls on his cell phone, the equipment in Quinn’s name, not to mention his request for an attorney) . I don't like the way that was just dropped.

The red car Dexter steals to race to Lumen- this second time (or is it the 3rd) that Dexter has a serious car accident and is pretty much ok despite the car being totaled. If anyone were to report the car stolen and if were ever found (won’t the area be searched as part of the investigation?)- Dexter’s blood is all over the dashboard.

Still I enjoyed the finale and like I said I am anxious to see what lies ahead next season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:18 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

8ball wrote:
The first 20 minutes were as tense as episode 11 but the scene between Lumen, Dexter and Jordan in the basement room at the camp seemed far too short and anti-climatic. The resulting scene with Deb through the plastic sheeting almost brought tears to my eyes, as did the last scene with Lumen.

Here's hoping for a fantastic season 6.

Pretty much all of this. I am sad to see Lumen go. Poor Dexter.

I'm looking forward to having the kids back next season. Never thought I'd say those words.

I liked how Deb and Dexter's outfits kind of mirrored each other at the end. It was a nice little bit of symmetry.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I think Lumen will be back in some form eventually. And maybe the nanny will lose it next season?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:23 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

i thought the stuff with quinn was dropped way too easily too. but if nobody saw him at the scene, the blood wasn't liddy's, and liddy was a dirty cop, so it's likely that he forged quinn's signature... there wouldn't really be anything to tie him to it. except the voicemails. did he actually leave voicemails? i remember him talking to quinn on the phone... but i don't remember him leaving messages.

it'll be interesting to see how dex handles the dad thing next season when he has all three kids. something HAS to happen with the nanny next season!

i also think its funny that this show has made us feel like if someone is nice (like the nanny) then something has to be severely messed up with them.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

We have been trained by television to assume that anyone who seems good is horrible and every relationship will end in tragedy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:48 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I don't think there's any deeper significance to the nanny than we, the audience, need to accept that a single father to a one-year-old has the ability to juggle a job and a murder spree, so a nanny is the only way to make that possible.

I'm not sure Cody and Astor are back for keeps, probably just for "the summer," and season six will pick up after they have gone back to Orlando.

I liked the finale. I understand that others might not have, and I understand that others might not have enjoyed the season, but this is precisely why I think the finale was a success. I think the show managed to resolve all loose ends (if not to everyone's satisfaction, at least to some sense of closure) so that season six can start fresh. If there's anything the audience didn't enjoy (whether that be Lumen, Angel and LaGuerta's marriage troubles, or the Santa Muerte storyline), it's all been put in a place where it doesn't need to be revisited.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:54 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

i think we'll see astor and cody for AT LEAST a few episodes. we are just starting to see dexter as someone capable of really loving other people and cody and astor (and harrison) are a big part of that. one part of why this show is complex is because dex is having to learn how to incorporate that into his murder-life. so i think we'll see quite a bit of his struggles with his job, his "hobby" and his family life.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:11 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

SuzyHB wrote:
The red car Dexter steals to race to Lumen- this second time (or is it the 3rd) that Dexter has a serious car accident and is pretty much ok despite the car being totaled. If anyone were to report the car stolen and if were ever found (won’t the area be searched as part of the investigation?)- Dexter’s blood is all over the dashboard.

Ha! It bothered me more that he was thrown down the steps and nothing broke. Unlike in season 3(?) when he fell off a table and broke something. Oh well.

I did feel bad about the Lumen thing. Mostly for me. I feel like Julia Stiles really shined in the episode and wanted to see her stay.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I kinda felt that Deb catching them and letting them go sight-unseen was a bit of a cop-out (no pun intended). It was tense up to that point.

When they were on the boat after dropping Jordan's body, with Lumen riding at the front, I was sure she was gonna fall overboard and he was gonna accidentally run her down. (Joss has broken my brain.) But Lumen leaving was the only way it could work, though I was sad for Dexter. I liked the choice of green plate in that scene (Dexter seeing himself as a monster - or at least, that's how it felt to me).

Also, yes, agree on the Quinn thing being wrapped up way too easily. Was he deleting Liddy's messages or the call log from his phone on the way to the crime scene?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

rachell37 wrote:
I kinda felt that Deb catching them and letting them go sight-unseen was a bit of a cop-out (no pun intended). It was tense up to that point.

I totally agree. The part where Deb walked in was the only part of the episode that was actually exciting, I was all like 'FINALLY, something big is happening!', but then nothing really happened at all. I thought it was a cool bit of character development for Deb, but a missed opportunity to really shake everything up and get me excited for what next season would bring.

I guess the only real new thing (other than the kids being back, at least for a while) will be seeing what happens with Quinn. He obviously knows that Dexter got him off the hook with the blood work, and I'm sure he's pieced together his potential motive for doing that. It'll be interesting to see if he acts on those vague suspicions or if he just completely ignores it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:33 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Erinnerung wrote:
rachell37 wrote:

I totally agree. The part where Deb walked in was the only part of the episode that was actually exciting, I was all like 'FINALLY, something big is happening!', but then nothing really happened at all. I thought it was a cool bit of character development for Deb, but a missed opportunity to really shake everything up and get me excited for what next season would bring.

I guess the only real new thing (other than the kids being back, at least for a while) will be seeing what happens with Quinn. He obviously knows that Dexter got him off the hook with the blood work, and I'm sure he's pieced together his potential motive for doing that. It'll be interesting to see if he acts on those vague suspicions or if he just completely ignores it.

the second deb started talking, i knew she was going to let them go. everything she's said about this case the entire season hinted at that. and especially when she talked about how she empathized with these victims because of what happened with rudy . . . i never thought that she might actually try to arrest the killer for what she'd done. but i did think it was weird that she never mentioned having seen jordan's body. it's one thing to give them a way out--she could easily have claimed that the place was empty by the time she got there--but i'm surprised that she flat-out lied about there having been a murder. that's some serious aiding and abetting.

i have no idea how the writers expect us to just accept dexter stealing and crashing a car with zero consequences. how did deb not pass it on her way in? did it really go that far off the road? how did his head wound heal so fast?

i think if quinn had any intention of hanging dexter for any of this, he'd have done it while he was in jail, to clear himself. but he made a choice to protect deb; i can't imagine him suddenly choosing differently. quinn seemed like a tool for a long time, but now he seems to genuinely care about deb and to want to take care of her. even if they split up, i don't think he'd hurt her that way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:52 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

rachell37 wrote:
When they were on the boat after dropping Jordan's body, with Lumen riding at the front, I was sure she was gonna fall overboard and he was gonna accidentally run her down.

Also, yes, agree on the Quinn thing being wrapped up way too easily. Was he deleting Liddy's messages or the call log from his phone on the way to the crime scene?

That would have been more funny than tragic. Slapstick Dexter.

And yeah, he was deleting his calls to/from Liddy on the boat.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:56 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

There was something Deb said to Dexter at the birthday party that made me think she suspects it was Dexter at the camp.... can't remember exactly what, but if she does know it was Dexter, that makes it a bit less of a cop-out.

And yeah, a car going missing from the spot where Dexter was the last anyone saw him before the it was taken.... even if his blood isn't on it, the timing would give him away. I guess their isn't technically a murder scene to investigate at the camp, but still--

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:03 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

raynedropp wrote:
There was something Deb said to Dexter at the birthday party that made me think she suspects it was Dexter at the camp.... can't remember exactly what, but if she does know it was Dexter, that makes it a bit less of a cop-out.

was it when she said he must be relieved now that "everything's over"? because i thought that was odd. like, all of what's over? in terms of straight police work, dexter wasn't involved in that case the way she was. even before that when deb was talking to dexter in the station, when he was getting ready to test the blood on quinn's shoe, there was a weird "she knows what's up" vibe to things.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:08 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Yeah, exactly-- she gave him a knowing look too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:10 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

raynedropp wrote:

I kinda of got this too. Also a vibe from her when she was making her little speech about how some people deserve to die. It was so much like her conversation with Dexter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 38  Next