| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 38  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:08 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 400
Location: Minneapolis, MN
rachell37 wrote:
When they were on the boat after dropping Jordan's body, with Lumen riding at the front, I was sure she was gonna fall overboard and he was gonna accidentally run her down.

I thought some stray bullet was going to come out of nowhere and get her! This show has really made me expect the worst.

I'm going to watch it next season for sure. There were a lot of weird plot twists that didn't fully make sense this season, but meh. Nothing tops John Lithgow as an evildoer last season and the way they killed off Rita. I was NOT expecting that. John L scares the shiitake out of me now, even when I watch 3rd Rock reruns. I feel like this season finale was sort of tame and that the way they let Lumen go was kind of lame ("the dark passenger is gone").

Biggest shockers of the season: 1. Cat that hiccups and farts at the same time. 2. Masuka's autoerotic mummification slowdown. Both so forking (randomly) funny.

_________________
MN Vegan blog-->http://www.mnvegan.blogspot.com

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:34 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 4646
Location: Philadelphia
sarahnorine wrote:
I feel like this season finale was sort of tame and that the way they let Lumen go was kind of lame ("the dark passenger is gone").

This didn't bother me, actually. She wasn't like Dexter - she didn't have that "dark passenger" before what happened to her. Her need to kill was borne out of a specific event and targeted to specific people. It makes perfect sense to me that once she got that closure, her stint as Lady Dexter would come to an end. I don't think she held his own dark passenger against him or understood him any less, but it wasn't an innate part of her like it is of him.

_________________
@amandabear / illustration portfolio / will draw for cookies / more tea wesley?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:41 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3831
Location: Canberra, Australia
sarahnorine wrote:
I thought some stray bullet was going to come out of nowhere and get her! This show has really made me expect the worst.


Haha, me too. When they were kind of showing their faces kind of close up, I was so sure she was getting shot in the face. I don't know why, it wouldn't have made sense. But the show has warped me.

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 pm
Posts: 647
Based on what Deb said to Dexter at the party, combined with their conversations, the fact that Lumen matched the profile of the other victims, and Quinn's suspicion, I think she has a hunch about Dexter's involvement.

I was happy with the season, over all. I'm super excited to see what happens in season 6.

_________________
Twitter Facebook Flickr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:22 pm 
Offline
Spent a night at the Bates Motel
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 2128
Location: detroit, mi
I was really, really pissed about Lumen's departure. Not because I liked her as a character, I just thought it was really douchey. Hey, thanks for helping me kill these people, but I'm not crazy like you, so peace out. It seemed like they were in love! Poor sad Dexter.

I hope him and Quinn can bond next season. I think they both just need to get the eff over their issues and play nice.

Hooray for LaGuerta acting like a decent human being to Deb!

That scene with Jordan Chase preparing to assault Lumen, ohhhhhh, that will give me chills for awhile. Jonny Lee Miller did an excellent job playing a psychopath.

And that ends my rant. Not "Dexter"'s strongest season, but I didn't hate it, either.

_________________
I'm still buddhist & I still love cupcakes.
My crochet blog! http://threadbythreadzen.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:36 am 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 695
Location: ontario
Erinnerung wrote:
sarahnorine wrote:
I thought some stray bullet was going to come out of nowhere and get her! This show has really made me expect the worst.


Haha, me too. When they were kind of showing their faces kind of close up, I was so sure she was getting shot in the face. I don't know why, it wouldn't have made sense. But the show has warped me.


ditto.

this season made me 'oh em gee :o!' numerous times. i was sad that lumin ended up leaving, because dexter was so happy with her (the smile on his face when they were on the boat ..*sigh*). i look forward to the next season, for sure.

_________________
everything stays the same, only more so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 am 
Offline
Lubes With Earth Balance
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 pm
Posts: 1616
Location: Sweden
So, I may be a bit behind on this, but what happened to the pictures of Dexter and Lumen in Quinn's apartment?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:52 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:14 pm
Posts: 4620
Location: Bowels of California
Love Child wrote:
So, I may be a bit behind on this, but what happened to the pictures of Dexter and Lumen in Quinn's apartment?

Good question. Dexter didn't take it so I wonder that too. It's going to make things very interesting next season. I feel like Quinn basically knows that Dexter killed Liddy and that he may be involved in other murders. How long will the niceness last?

Also, Miami Metro is just filled with shady forking cops. It's really scary when you think about it.

_________________
Blog: Mo Betta Vegan
"I eat big bangs."-Vegimator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:25 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3831
Location: Canberra, Australia
mixmaster_mo wrote:
Also, Miami Metro is just filled with shady forking cops. It's really scary when you think about it.


Exactly why I loved Doakes! He was the only one there actually doing his job.

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 am 
Offline
Spent a night at the Bates Motel
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 2128
Location: detroit, mi
I just read on TMZ that Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall are getting divorced. Super sad!

_________________
I'm still buddhist & I still love cupcakes.
My crochet blog! http://threadbythreadzen.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:14 pm
Posts: 4620
Location: Bowels of California
Erinnerung wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:
Also, Miami Metro is just filled with shady forking cops. It's really scary when you think about it.


Exactly why I loved Doakes! He was the only one there actually doing his job.

Ha! I was actually gonna say how much I missed Doakes when I posted that last night.

_________________
Blog: Mo Betta Vegan
"I eat big bangs."-Vegimator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:20 pm 
Offline
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Albany, NY
i wish this last episode had included deb finding the pictures. it's crazy that quinn keeps them in a drawer where she could so easily find them.

_________________
Departure & Arrival: Photoblog
Navigator, Equator: Personal blog
My freelance writing website
Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:59 pm 
Offline
ugh
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 2651
Location: north of Boston, MA, USA
amandabear wrote:
sarahnorine wrote:
I feel like this season finale was sort of tame and that the way they let Lumen go was kind of lame ("the dark passenger is gone").

This didn't bother me, actually. She wasn't like Dexter - she didn't have that "dark passenger" before what happened to her. Her need to kill was borne out of a specific event and targeted to specific people. It makes perfect sense to me that once she got that closure, her stint as Lady Dexter would come to an end. I don't think she held his own dark passenger against him or understood him any less, but it wasn't an innate part of her like it is of him.


I think the events this season are suggesting that the "dark passenger" isn't an innate part of Dexter, though. It's just what Harry taught him to do. Dexter has been showing us for awhile that he is capable of real emotion just like everyone else, and recently he has actually acknowledged that maybe he would have turned out normal if Harry hadn't assumed he needed to kill (via the Harry in Dexter's head in the Teenage Wasteland episode).

_________________

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:03 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 4646
Location: Philadelphia
Well, I mean innate in the sense that it's always been a part of his life (from childhood to present), whereas it wasn't a part of Lumen's. Whether he would've turned out that way without Harry's influence is up for debate, and something I'm sure the show will explore further next season.

_________________
@amandabear / illustration portfolio / will draw for cookies / more tea wesley?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:29 pm 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 pm
Posts: 647
dakini wrote:
I just read on TMZ that Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall are getting divorced. Super sad!


She's going to end up dead...

_________________
Twitter Facebook Flickr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 2482
Nick wrote:
dakini wrote:
I just read on TMZ that Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall are getting divorced. Super sad!


She's going to end up dead...

The rumor has been that he cheated on Jennifer with Julia Stiles, which I can completely believe.

Speaking of which, Lumen knows his secret, so will this become an issue in a future ep? Like maybe she'll confide in someone or go to the cops?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 4646
Location: Philadelphia
bastah wrote:
Nick wrote:
dakini wrote:
I just read on TMZ that Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall are getting divorced. Super sad!


She's going to end up dead...

The rumor has been that he cheated on Jennifer with Julia Stiles, which I can completely believe.

Speaking of which, Lumen knows his secret, so will this become an issue in a future ep? Like maybe she'll confide in someone or go to the cops?

Ew, I don't want to know that.

I don't think that Lumen has any reason to reveal Dexter's secret. It's not the kind of thing you chat about, and she bears him no ill will and quite a debt of gratitude.

_________________
@amandabear / illustration portfolio / will draw for cookies / more tea wesley?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:13 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3139
Location: BKLN
amandabear wrote:
bastah wrote:
Speaking of which, Lumen knows his secret, so will this become an issue in a future ep? Like maybe she'll confide in someone or go to the cops?


I don't think that Lumen has any reason to reveal Dexter's secret. It's not the kind of thing you chat about, and she bears him no ill will and quite a debt of gratitude.


she knows he's killed other people, but the only murders she has any details about are the ones she was involved in, and she finished two of those people off herself, so . . .

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
Do you think that the last episode of Dexter is going to be like the last episode of Seinfeld?

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:29 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 4646
Location: Philadelphia
acr wrote:
he knows he's killed other people, but the only murders she has any details about are the ones she was involved in, and she finished two of those people off herself, so . . .

Yeah, she'd kind of be throwing her own asparagus on the fire at the same time.

IsaChandra wrote:
Do you think that the last episode of Dexter is going to be like the last episode of Seinfeld?

I've never seen the Seinfeld finale, so I have no idea if that would be hilarious or not.

_________________
@amandabear / illustration portfolio / will draw for cookies / more tea wesley?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:49 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
They go to jail and everyone they ever wronged is in the courtroom.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:49 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3139
Location: BKLN
who's the kramer of dexter?

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 4646
Location: Philadelphia
acr wrote:
who's the kramer of dexter?

Masuka. He's short and bald so you go to George, but... I don't think so.

_________________
@amandabear / illustration portfolio / will draw for cookies / more tea wesley?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
Omigod, Deb is George, isn't she?

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:18 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 1920
Location: Buffalo!
Deb yells a lot. like george steinbrenner. whos uncle leo? whos puddy? so many questions!!!! and why didnt the nanny steal the baby? is that next season? she was so weird the first couple episodes! im also really thankful there was no cliffhanger, because i hate them. and im pissed that we never got backstory to jordan chase. i wanted more!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 38  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer