| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:30 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Yes! I'm sure that was one of the loose ends from last season that irked me when it wasn't resolved... I'm not sure, but didn't Dexter have some sort of leverage over Quinn at the end of last season which meant that Quinn didn't come out with anything incriminating about him. Like, either Quinn could make an educated guess that Dexter was involved in that detective guy's death OR he's just really really dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:56 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Quinn was going to confront Lundy and may have killed him himself had Dexter not already done so. A drop of blood from the van dropped on Quinn's shoe and Dexter sabotaged the evidence as a means of truce. Quinn ran into Dexter at that photographer's house who ended up dead, too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:58 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

OK so if we are we now supposed to think that Gellar is imaginary it has become so obvious that of course he's not. But that has become so obvious that of course he is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:02 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I thought that the previous episode, but now I'm convinced that the Gellar we see is part of Travis. I'm on the verge of not caring though. This season sucks. I've never seen Dexter get so lucky every single episode! He should play roulette or something.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:17 pm 

Yeah, it's pretty dull. But one thing that maybe would redeem it is if he does find Gellar and then he and Gellar have to kill Travis? I don't know. I just can't imagine what could redeem this plotline? There's got to be a reason that they're making it so obvious that he's fake. But if he's fake then that means Dexter is stupid. Which sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:36 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My question is if (more likely when) Gellar is revealed as Harry-esque, can Dex still kill Travis? Because I would think execution of the mentally ill doesn't fit in the code very neatly. Unless Dexter gets a free pass because he also sees dead people? I'm thinking there has been at least one other victim in seasons past who heard voices? Or am I making that up?

I'm about annoyed with the whole thing just because at this point so much evidence has been made for existence vs. non that neither revelation seems redeemable. At first it was a lot of fun but now it's just taken way too far.

And what was up with the therapist asking Deb if she thought Dexter was going to kill her. Not that I think he will, but it was too overt not to mean something. Something probably being that after a season of sloppy writing, Deb finds out in the last 45 seconds of the season who Dexter really is. And cut.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:08 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Assuming Gellar is imaginary (and who the hell really cares at this point anyway?), I want to know how the fork Travis managed to chain himself to the floor and then brand himself with a hot iron. And how would he have gotten himself out of that situation if Dexter hadn't happened to walk in at just the right moment to free him?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:35 pm 
ol' garly cooch

Baby Hanks just tweeted he got into Harvard with his bad asparagus math skills. **high five**

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:43 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

ashley wrote:
Assuming Gellar is imaginary (and who the hell really cares at this point anyway?), I want to know how the fork Travis managed to chain himself to the floor and then brand himself with a hot iron. And how would he have gotten himself out of that situation if Dexter hadn't happened to walk in at just the right moment to free him?

Well I found that part really like..symbolic and shiitake. He's chained to his demon (or dark passenger) or whatever and then punishing himself for it. If he's imagining someone that tells him to kill people, I doubt he's above chaining himself up and hurting himself. I assume if Gellar isn't real then Travis had the key somewhere near him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:26 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Already imagining the melodramatics pouring out of Dexter as Travis opines from the kill table about their similarities. "I WOULD NEVER HURT MY SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!" Whatever. You've already crippled her emotionally. At least Travis hung out with his sister before he murdered her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:38 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I am so damn bored with this season already. I couldn't take the Nebraska episode because all the ghost talkage was killing me.

I'm still convinced that Gellar is not currently alive. I really think Travis killed him at some point and is doing all the killing. In fact, Gellar being dead is about the only thing that would redeem this season for me. I need the awesomeness of seasons 1 and 4 to come back.

Also, I really hate that they did not fully utilize Mos Def. What the hell?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I'm pretty sure Gellar died of auto-erotic asphyxia. Definitely get that vibe from him.

Speaking of Mos Def; he wants to be called Yasiin now. Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:46 pm 

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I am so damn bored with this season already. I couldn't take the Nebraska episode because all the ghost talkage was killing me.

I'm still convinced that Gellar is not currently alive. I really think Travis killed him at some point and is doing all the killing. In fact, Gellar being dead is about the only thing that would redeem this season for me. I need the awesomeness of seasons 1 and 4 to come back.

Also, I really hate that they did not fully utilize Mos Def. What the hell?

Don't count him out yet, he can still come back as a ghost.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:11 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I pretty much hate this boring season, to me it makes the whole Lumen thing seem great in comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think I'm the opposite, I hated Lumen so much that this season doesn't seem that bad in comparison.

I was so disappointed in the sister-killing. It was just like 'oh, here she is, she's all dead and stuff now', and that was that. No! That was meant to be a big deal, I wanted it to be drawn out and dramatic. They could have at least shown her face when she was killed or something, without necessarily showing who was killing her.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:54 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

...and how was she killed in the courtyard of her school and that elaborate scene constructed without any witnesses? My mancrush on MCH has really blinded me to the ridiculousness of this show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:30 pm 

You guys suck, Lumen was awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:11 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm on board with the dead Gellar thing after the last two episodes. Also, I hated Lumen. Julia Stiles is awful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:49 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I liked her! Well, I don't know if I liked her so much as I liked how Dexter was with her.

But no, I'm pretty sure I liked her too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:30 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I like Julia Stiles but I wasn't really on board with the Lumen character until she threw Dexter a lay.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:35 pm 

That was the part I hated! I didn't like their sexual relationship, it made me feel icky. I guess because every time she did something I thought was dumb or annoying I justified it with "oh well she was kidnapped, tortured, raped and almost killed" so I was telling myself that every episode and then bam, Dexter's on it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:26 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Erinnerung wrote:
I think I'm the opposite, I hated Lumen so much that this season doesn't seem that bad in comparison.

I was so disappointed in the sister-killing. It was just like 'oh, here she is, she's all dead and stuff now', and that was that. No! That was meant to be a big deal, I wanted it to be drawn out and dramatic. They could have at least shown her face when she was killed or something, without necessarily showing who was killing her.

aaaalll of this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:21 pm 
ol' garly cooch

I can see it now: Dexter gets to Baby Hanks, unlocks him, and they start their plan to kill the other half of DDK. In a strange twist, Lithgow, Smitts, and EJO walk in asking "Where's the partaaaay?" Then EJO proceeds to teach them ALL calculus and overcome their individual psychopath adversities. There's an incredible music montage of them all studying hard for their exams while they cram in time for killing people, followed by all of them getting their acceptance letters and jumping up and down with joy. Julia Stiles slides in with a dramatic dance routine and that's the season.

*I'll be here all week people. Don't forget to try the buffalo seitan and tip the waitstaff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:59 pm 

Now I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:57 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Or EJO could come out dressed like his character on Battlestar Galactica (which I've been sucked into watching now).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 38  Next