| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:13 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

rachell37 wrote:
Julia Stiles' reactions always seem very unnatural. I just don't think she's a great actress.

YES.

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:16 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Ok I thought that was a pretty good episode- I am now wondering how Chase knows so much about Dexter.

I realize Trinity was a high profile case but how would he have found out Harrison's name. Usually the media keeps children's names confidential unless they are the actual victims.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

SuzyHB wrote:
Ok I thought that was a pretty good episode- I am now wondering how Chase knows so much about Dexter.

I realize Trinity was a high profile case but how would he have found out Harrison's name. Usually the media keeps children's names confidential unless they are the actual victims.

Yeah, you can see that Dexter is surprised when he says Harrison's name, so he's probably wondering the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:08 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

rachell37 wrote:
SuzyHB wrote:

Yeah, you can see that Dexter is surprised when he says Harrison's name, so he's probably wondering the same thing.

i wondered that too, but i assumed there would have been a eulogy printed in the newspaper? those usually print the names of all the family surviving. chase is creepy and detail-oriented enough that he would have googled dexter and could have found out those details just because he's fascinated by the trinity killer.

but yeah, still creepy. if the PI guy and Chase are both after Dexter, maybe they'll collide and Dexter will avoid the fall-out?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:20 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm not going to read the thread because I'm still watching the first season and I don't want spoilers, but I want to say I forking hate the opening. It's way grosser than any of the blood or gore on the show. Close ups of eating make me gag. Also, they show Dexter shaving but he always has stubble, so that is also annoying. Thank god I'm watching it on Netflix so I can just skip the opening credits. *shudder*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:31 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Is it just me, or does anyone else not really like Lumen? O.o

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:37 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Arukai wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else not really like Lumen? O.o

that seems to be the consensus.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:45 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

BluePlasticStraw wrote:
I'm not going to read the thread because I'm still watching the first season and I don't want spoilers, but I want to say I forking hate the opening. It's way grosser than any of the blood or gore on the show. Close ups of eating make me gag. Also, they show Dexter shaving but he always has stubble, so that is also annoying. Thank god I'm watching it on Netflix so I can just skip the opening credits. *shudder*

Wow, I LOVE the opening. I think it's my favorite opening of any show ever. It's so... violent without being violent at all. It's just things in a morning routine, but filmed and edited in such a way so as to make everything remind you of Dexter's murderous nature. I think it's wildly creative.

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:32 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

frozenveggies wrote:
BluePlasticStraw wrote:

Wow, I LOVE the opening. I think it's my favorite opening of any show ever. It's so... violent without being violent at all. It's just things in a morning routine, but filmed and edited in such a way so as to make everything remind you of Dexter's murderous nature. I think it's wildly creative.

Yeah, I think it's brilliant.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:44 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

BluePlasticStraw wrote:

I like it, but it seriously grosses me out. I'm usually eating when I watch shows, and I have to avert my eyes through the credits or I get nauseous and can't finish my food.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:00 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

raynedropp wrote:
frozenveggies wrote:
BluePlasticStraw wrote:

Yeah, I think it's brilliant.

It pains me that I can't read this thread (I've only watched the first two seasons), but I also really love the opening. Basically what frozen veggies said. It is a little long though...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:58 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Sweet jesus I hate angsty tween characters.

Gotta love Dexter kicking the shiitake out of a child abuser, though. And the "conversation" with Harry afterward was interesting. Of course, we knew that stuff already.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:00 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

omygawd that was a good one. Jordan Chase is seriously scaring the shiitake out of me. And beating up that douchebag was ahsome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:15 am 
Nailed to the V

Aster and her friend were annoying but it was a good episode. It's got me all amped up to see what happens next.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:25 am 
ugh

Okay, I can say that Eli/Jordan Chase is definitely creepy now.

I also love the opening of the show! And I never get tired of the music.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:50 am 

Finally!!

An episode which makes me anxious for next week.

Chase has obviously been investigatng Dexter and I wonder how much else he knows.

Oh and count me among those who love the opening.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:04 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I was behind four episodes but finally caught up. I really dig the last two episodes! The show seems to be getting somewhere, and I am starting to really like the idea of a team. I don't know how Dexter is going to explain the trash bags or what Quinn is gonna do. This just seems like one big cluster fork.

Also, when did LaGuerta become such a kumquat?! She's forking evil this season! I wish Batista would leave her asparagus. She's always doing some stupid shiitake.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:55 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Did it say after the episode that there are only three more to go? This season hasn't started on TV here yet so we're downloading it, and it cut off halfway through the 'next week on Dexter' part where I thought it was saying three more episodes.

If that's the case... I don't know, I feel like it's gotten better but it took way too long to get to this point. I'll be kind of annoyed if it's only in the last four episodes that things are actually happening.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:34 pm 
Nailed to the V

yep, three more episodes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

blisslikethis wrote:
yep, three more episodes.

What?! That went by fast...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:49 am 

Erinnerung wrote:
Did it say after the episode that there are only three more to go? This season hasn't started on TV here yet so we're downloading it, and it cut off halfway through the 'next week on Dexter' part where I thought it was saying three more episodes.

If that's the case... I don't know, I feel like it's gotten better but it took way too long to get to this point. I'll be kind of annoyed if it's only in the last four episodes that things are actually happening.

I totally agree.

After the first episode it seemed like they spent weeks going in circles and getting nowhere, when there were lots of unanswered questions that could have addressed.

Still the past 2 episodes or so were actually pretty interesting and I like the Robocop guy (well I don't like him) and think that Chase is pretty creepy.

I just wish there had been less filler this year and am starting to wonder how many more seasons that the show can continue to be good. (But then again I felt this way after Season 3 -which I still think is the weakest one- and Season 4 was absolutely amazing. So what do I know).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:34 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I kinda hope the next season is the last because Dexter escaping detection can only last so long. Plus, I think watching the cops get closer to discovering who he is would be fun and suspenseful...which is why I can't wait to see what Quinn does with the pictures he saw.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:06 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

after last episode i am starting to have a sneaking suspicion that Dex might give up killing altogether. something that harry said made me think that maybe Dex would be able to stop. maybe once lumen and he are done with her rapists? and it also looks like the kids are coming back into his life and it's pretty impossible that he keep it up as harrison gets older anyway. i think if he ends up in a relationship with lumen, being with someone who knows his whole past might be a plausible reason he stops killing.

i'm partly disappointed and partly happy with this possible ending. i like dexter and his kids too much to want them to deal with life in prison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

littlebird wrote:
after last episode i am starting to have a sneaking suspicion that Dex might give up killing altogether. something that harry said made me think that maybe Dex would be able to stop.

I was thinking that too. It seems like there are only two possible endings - he gives up killing, or he gets caught. I don't want him to get caught.

Last night's episode! I was stomach-flippy the whole time.

Also I think I'm going crazy because Dexter's relationship with Lumen is starting to strike me as a little bit sweet? He's never really had someone he could be so honest with. Also I never hate seeing Michael C Hall shirtless.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:37 am 

amandabear wrote:

Last night's episode! I was stomach-flippy the whole time.

Also I think I'm going crazy because Dexter's relationship with Lumen is starting to strike me as a little bit sweet? He's never really had someone he could be so honest with. Also I never hate seeing Michael C Hall shirtless.

You need to track down the DVD's for Six Feet Under- especially the last few seasons ... have lots of shirtless MCH (not to mention getting to see him totally nail a very "not-Dexter" role).

I am starting to warm to the relationship too- I don't know how they are going to wrap all this up in two episodes.

My guess is that whenever the series does finally come to an end will end with either Deb killing Dexter or visa versa.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next