| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help my figure out what video/artist this is!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:45 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Hello sparkle darlings! I'm racking my brain trying to figure out a video I saw in approximately late February/early March. It was around the time the 'Harlem Shake' was at its height/people were starting to complain of the appropriation and issues surrounding it. I think the artist in the video references the Harlem Shake or samples it, but I can't remember for sure. I'm pretty sure it's a white female rapper who was actually decent. In the video, there are definitely scenes where she and a guy are sitting on porch steps with a pit bull and driving around with the pit bull. I can't remember what she looks like, but I think maybe dark hair. I don't remember for sure if she was white, but I'm pretty sure she was more fair skinned. It's not Iggy Azalea, kreayshawn, or Kitty (formerly Kitty Pryde).

Post subject: Re: Help my figure out what video/artist this is!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 pm 

Ugh! For some reason I am obsessing over this. Probably because in some ways it's easier to deal with than actual problems, but no one has any ideas at all? Incidentally, there are a lot of terrible female rappers. I imagine there are a lot of terrible male rappers, too, but I haven't been watching them on Youtube as much.

AND I feel like I would have posted about it on Facebook, but there's a gap in my timeline from Feb 21 to Mar 3. I know I didn't go FB silent for over a week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Is this helpful at all?

http://globalgrind.com/music/white-female-rappers-list

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:16 pm 

Thanks, GraciaKai! I checked all of those, and none of them are right. I did go back through my FB feed though through the end of last year. When was the Harlem Shake meme so big?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I have no flipping idea, I'm not even sure I know what the Harlem Shake is! Eeeep, I'm way out of the current music loop, specially that genre. But I am a whiz at googling and finding shiitake. Through me some more hints!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:35 pm 

It does look like I had the right time frame, mid-Feb to early March. I can't even think of anything. I remember wondering about whether the dog was comfortable or not because he seemed excited by the noise or something and they had a big chain on him. It was more professional looking video than some I've seen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:49 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Angel Haze or Dessa?

Um, there's a lot listed here, maybe it's one of them! http://femalerappers.tumblr.com/listofrappers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:08 pm 

Yes, I did just email the person/people who run the women of hip hop web site. Seriously. I feel like this video was really good. I'm so frustrated; I'll persevere though. It took me years to find Rachid "Pride" after seeing the video once on MTV (when they played videos).