| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead - Season 4 ( NO COMIC BOOK SPOILERS !
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:09 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

The first episode back took a lot of weight off my shoulders with Judith and Carol. Whew! What bothers me is that everyone is on foot (except for Glenn and Tara in the army truck) and they can't get very far very fast. I would think they would run into each other soon rather than later. Plus they had an escape plan with the bus but never established a meeting point should they all get separated?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:33 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh, I want to point out that Darryl is _also_ acting all petulant and stuff. He's giving Carl a run for the "acting like a miffed teenager" award. "Yeah sure I will grudgingly help you look for your sisters and stuff. WhatEVER."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Biodancer wrote:
Plus they had an escape plan with the bus but never established a meeting point should they all get separated?

That bothers me too, as well as the lack of automotive transportation. In other episodes they just casually start up abandoned cars and go on their merry way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:34 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

emmalv wrote:

I'm also on the fence about the Michonne character development. I get it, it needs to happen, but I just need a little time to digest it I think.

Well, like, we got it LAST time the episode focused on it. Everything that's been established in these past 3 episodes could have been accomplished in 30 minutes. GET ON WITH IT JERKFACES!!!!!! What happened to the perfectly paced Walking Dead of yesteryear? It's like they're teenagers dragging out the story to complete a 5000 word essay.

Oh unless it's Darryl. Then take all the time you need.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:36 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Great episode!

I sure hope that Beth getting lines doesn't mean her demise is imminent :).

For some reason, I'm finding the scenes with good old non-moving corpses to be much more disturbing than scenes with walkers, though the one with the walkers who hung themselves as people was good too. The whole interior of the fallen country club was deliciously creepy.

I felt the actress who plays Beth was putting out some serious charisma. It also looked for a while like there was some romantic tension between her and Daryl.

Something tells me the bulk of the second half of the season will be about the survivors finding each other. I'm not all that happy about that, but at least the character development is being mixed with action versus the soap opera on the farm with season 2.

One question I have is "HOW THE HELL DO THE PEOPLE ON THE RUN IN THE WOODS SLEEP?" Seriously, especially Daryl and Beth, they are constantly on the move, they have to be exhausted. I can't seem just laying down in the woods where anything can just walk up them while they are in a dead sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:02 pm 
ol' garly cooch

I've wondered the same thing. I was also wondering why all the dead corpses in the country club were not reanimated. I thought everyone that dies comes back? Even if they all killed themselves at the country club, wouldn't the place be crawling with biters?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:44 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Maybe some of them killed themselves or others with head trauma so they stayed dead.

Some of them might have been murdered and some of their walkers might have been killed by earlier visitors ( hence the "rich bisque", sign ).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:32 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I totally think Darryl and Beth will totally have romantic times, and this, when it happens, will not please me. Not one bit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:45 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

The thought of Darryl and Beth having romantic times turns my stomach.

Also, I know it's a tv show, but how is everyone so pretty? If I were in that situation I would probably be indistinguishable from all the walkers. Heat, sun, no consistent food and water, no hair products. Yikers, it would not be cute.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I do always wonder about the perfectly-styled hair.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I wonder about their skin. I'd be breaking out like crazy. I also wonder about fresh underwear. Underwear and water would be equals at the top of the Must Scavenge list.

One thing that really bugged me about this episode: how the hell was Beth not absolutely wasted? She didn't eat the snake and I presume had no other food (or very little), so empty stomach, they walk around all day, she's never had a drink before, and hello, moonshine. Not exactly a wine cooler. She should've have been wrecked and barfing a half an hour in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:46 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

The men tend to look more realistically unkempt than the women.

I agree with others that usable water not being scarce is a major hole in the story.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:29 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Yeah, when Daryl told Beth to drink plenty of water, I wondered where that was supposed to be coming from.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:03 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Or the trim lawns, or the well kept homes ( thinking what my place looks like after a few days of no power and no dusting )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:35 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

That was a pretty great song to stick on the end there. Yeah.

For reference:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:17 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

oh i agree! i loved the song at the end, hated the rest of the episode. i totally agree w/ Isa's comment about trying to elongate something that has the substance to be much shorter.

re: darryl/beth relationship: there were some scary moments of towing the line of too close for (my) comfort, but i have a feeling that the show is very aware of that and the need to keep their relationship platonic, esp on darrly's part. for example, there was the scene a few eps back where he handed her the handkerchief at arms length. and even tho their fight at the end of the last ep was a bit physical, i think they chose some appropriate body language to keep the intimacy closer to that of siblings rather than lovers.

re: well kept hair/looks. i do think beth and darryl's looks are a little worse for wear, right? but yeah, rick is the only one who seems to need to shave periodically. oh when beth and darryl were in the trunk, all i could think about was how bad it must've stunk in there. no wonder the walkers keep finding them-- they stink to high heaven! although, do you think the walkers stink much? or maybe their special zombie state slows down the decomposition?

should we make a poll to see how soon beth is going to die? bc seriously that girl has no survival skills. don't you think she was being a real jerk for getting mad at darryl when she had to knife that one walker in the kitchen by herself? but then later in the country club, she just stood in the back of the room and watched him kill, like 5 walkers. lame!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Y'all didn't like this episode? I loved it!

This show does really well when it's telling stories through vignettes-- finding remnants, like the people who couldn't take it any more but picked a suicide method that guaranteed walker pinatas... The horror, the moments of poignancy like Michonne finding the family in the house last episode... We've had a lot of moving forward, but there are definitely character things that need to be resolved. This was a good way to do it, with Beth figuring out her stuff and Darryl figuring out his, and coming to a better understanding of one another. I didn't get any weird romance stuff, just Beth's naivete and Darryl trying to figure out how to be a father figure or big brother figure or whatever, a role in which he admits he has failed a number of times.

So I liked it, so there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:21 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I think Beth was kidnapped. I can't see someone in that situation, running for their life, in the dark, in an unfamiliar place, quickly finding a strange car, quickly starting it and pulling away at high speed right away.

I'm guessing that the occupant of the mortuary/Church came back as the zombies attacked the place and pulled her into the car.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:10 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Aah didn't even know there was a season 4 walking dead! Need to start watching now!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:58 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

beforewisdom wrote:
I think Beth was kidnapped. I can't see someone in that situation, running for their life, in the dark, in an unfamiliar place, quickly finding a strange car, quickly starting it and pulling away at high speed right away.

I'm guessing that the occupant of the mortuary/Church came back as the zombies attacked the place and pulled her into the car.

Oh, I figure she was totally kidnapped. And I think the dog and the zombie invasion were all set up by the kidnappers to pull that off. I'd be happy if we never saw her again - I think its more realistic that way. (Because you know, otherwise the show is entirely realistic.) And I just don't care for her. But how terrifying to be kidnapped (esp as a female) in this type of world; hopefully some of Daryl's badassness wore off on her a bit and she manages to escape unscathed.

I liked this episode. I still don't know what to think about Bob.... What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:19 pm 
ol' garly cooch

I am also perplexed by the togetherness of the hair and skin. They have to stink to high heaven. Also as a chubby person, I am disappointed that there is no fat acceptance movement in the zombie apocalypse.

Beth=kidnapped.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

creep wrote:
I do always wonder about the perfectly-styled hair.

Clearly the No Poo movement is right!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

emmalv wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:

Oh, I figure she was totally kidnapped. And I think the dog and the zombie invasion were all set up by the kidnappers to pull that off. I'd be happy if we never saw her again - I think its more realistic that way. (Because you know, otherwise the show is entirely realistic.) And I just don't care for her. But how terrifying to be kidnapped (esp as a female) in this type of world; hopefully some of Daryl's badassness wore off on her a bit and she manages to escape unscathed.

I liked this episode. I still don't know what to think about Bob.... What do you guys think?

I started becoming very fond of her character in the last few episodes. I agree simply having her disappear would be drammatic in a good way.

The big questions is ( no comic book spoilers! ) WHY would anyone want to kidnap ANYONE in that world?

I have the impression that Bob has something nasty/tragic in him waiting to come out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:17 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

jewbacca wrote:
I am also perplexed by the togetherness of the hair and skin. They have to stink to high heaven. Also as a chubby person, I am disappointed that there is no fat acceptance movement in the zombie apocalypse.

Beth=kidnapped.

Yep, looking carefully at the women, even when they look "roughed up" ( for them ) they look like they have makeup on -- not very realistic for living hand to mouth and running for your life on a regular basis.

There were two heaver people in the story in Season 2. Herschel's friend who put the walkers in the barn and the side kick of that gang member they met in the deserted bar.

I can't see there being too many large people in a world where people have to scavenge for scraps and they are kept moving most of the time to do so.

Not too many fat zombies though. I guess being dead doesn't stop the corpses from burning it off as they shuffle across the landscape.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:20 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I think nasty things will be happening at Terminus ( an old name for Atlanta? ).

People in that world have to know that putting up signs to invite people to come join them will attract all kind of people.

There has to be some unpleasant way they deal with the people they do not want.

They don't have the season 2 option of hooding them for a blind car ride into the middle of nowhere, as such people would simply follow the signs back to Terminus.

What would the people of Terminus do if a gang, like the one Daryl just joined shows up?

I'm guessing Terminus is just a meeting point because of that, and not where they actually live.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next