| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead - Season 4 ( NO COMIC BOOK SPOILERS !
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:02 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Well, canned goods have to run out at some point and it seems like they are fairly precious right now as is, and wild game is probably also kind of scarce (look at the fight over the bunny and the fact that Darryl implied he was out for hours to get it). Plus I doubt many people are hunters - they probably don't have a clue. It just seemed too weird that there were no people around, and why would you invite people to your place? To rob them? Of what? They probably depleted everything on their trek over. So that is the only thing I can think of.

I wonder if Beth is at Terminus? I could be convinced that the same folks who put on the lovely garden-y, Terminus is home vibe could have put together the stash at the mortuary house?

And regarding Eugene, I think he's just played one too many video games. However, props to him for essentially saving Glen and Tara.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:18 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I also think Eugene is some kind of fraud, or has some weird delusion, but maybe not. How would we know? How would the other characters know? He could quote a video game and how could they tell?

I liked the "What kind of gamer were you?" question. Gotta get right to the important stuff, right? Sheesh. (But I mean, he has to try to bond with people somehow, right? Even ineptly?)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:49 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I stopped watching for a while when the dragged out the Governor's story line, but if they introduce forking cannibalism I'm out FOREVER.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:24 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

As soon as I saw the BBQ I instantly thought cannibalism...urgh, this show is relentless! I had an inkling that the nice clean house full of food was some kind of Hansel & Gretel lure - let's hope they didn't BBQ Beth!! I can't believe how naively they all just sauntered in to terminus, I just don't think they'd do that! I can't imagine Carol or Daryl approaching without suspicion - I hope they save everyone from the cannibals!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:17 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Karena wrote:
As soon as I saw the BBQ I instantly thought cannibalism...urgh, this show is relentless!

I think it needs to be as I keep getting acclimated to the horror.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:05 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

beforewisdom wrote:
Karena wrote:
As soon as I saw the BBQ I instantly thought cannibalism...urgh, this show is relentless!

I think it needs to be as I keep getting acclimated to the horror.

I love how the show keeps doing creative stuff with zombies -- the barbed wire along the cheek skin was kind of stunning in its novelty and horror. Also, all the crushed zombies in the tunnel, just biting heads and grabbing arms - brrrrrr.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:17 am 
ol' garly cooch

What the what? That ending was highly unsatisfying. I feel all oogy and have nowhere to direct my frustrations.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:59 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I loved it, though it is going to be a long wait until October. It is the first time in a long time that TWD made me feel so tense and nervous! Yay, the gang is back together! Boo, crazy thieving cannibals!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:36 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Oh man! Tense! shiiit. I'm so glad some people are together again though. forking hell!
I really wanted Rick to know that Judith is alive, but I'm pretty glad Carol, Tyrese and the baby aren't in the cannibal train right now. shiitake man. I would hope these cannibals would have enough sense to at least try to kidnap and raise the baby rather than eat her. I don't know why I even care about Judith, but I do. I also want Beth to be alive, but I don't have high hopes for that.

There was a commercial for Game of Thones and I noticed that Brann Stark and Carl have the same hair.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:36 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm happy the way it ended. I was concerned they were going to kill another major character off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:50 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I accidentally read a fake spoiler that Daryl was beaten to death by the crassholes, so I was SUPER sad, and then really excited when he didn't die. Heh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:55 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

There are some real jerks around with regards to spoilers. I don't log into Facebook or some other sites the day after until I have seen the latest episode.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:13 am 
Bathes in Braggs

From security guard to cannibal mom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:22 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

beforewisdom wrote:
From security guard to cannibal mom

That's who she is! I was freaking out when I saw her.

Cannibal Hansel & Gretel trick is so forked up. I like where it's going, but I'm really worried about them!

Also, the Grove episode with Lizzy was just too much. The last two episodes have been so dark.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:40 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

oh my goodness i loved that scene where it was so obvious that they were being herded through the place. all those weird shots of alley w/ the strange, destroyed cars, the fresh-looking pile of bones, and the weird spiritual room. do you think they drink special tea there?

who wants to hedge their bets on carol and tyrese saving the day?

omg their defeat of the ruthless men. rick is so messed up! they're all messed up, but rick is really crazy. at least he knows it, i suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:11 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

That fight scene with Joe's gang, and by that I mean all of it (poor Carl), was probably the most brutal thing I've ever seen on TV in 2 minutes or however long it was. I'm glad Badass Rick is back, even if I want to believe Farmer Rick could "be" and survive in that world. And yeah, I'm glad they didn't kill anyone off - I just have no idea how they are going to get out of that train. All in all, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this season as a whole when all was said and done, but I think it was my favorite one so far, or at least up there with the first season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 am 
protein lump

the beginning was so tense and i was scared darryl was going to die (and hoping carl would). but the ending kind of sucked.
i was sort of laughing when rick was like, "they messed with the wrong group." i don't know, dude, they have you locked in a train car, so.

i like more a cliffhanger on my season finales.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This is forked up! We re-watched the episode last night and there is a split second when they are running around Terminus looking for an out when they run past two train cars stacked on top of each other and you can hear people in them yelling and banging for help. These cannibal crassholes have ton of people in holding cells waiting to be killed and eaten! There is a possibility that Carol and Tyrese are in there...but I really hope not.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:46 am 
Bathes in Braggs

esme wrote:
the beginning was so tense and i was scared darryl was going to die (and hoping carl would). but the ending kind of sucked.
i was sort of laughing when rick was like, "they messed with the wrong group." i don't know, dude, they have you locked in a train car, so.

Clearly that last line is also a compelling reason why the f-bomb should be permitted on TV. "messed with" just not as impactful as the more colorful alternative.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 am 
ol' garly cooch

GraciaKai wrote:
This is forked up! We re-watched the episode last night and there is a split second when they are running around Terminus looking for an out when they run past two train cars stacked on top of each other and you can hear people in them yelling and banging for help. These cannibal crassholes have ton of people in holding cells waiting to be killed and eaten! There is a possibility that Carol and Tyrese are in there...but I really hope not.

I must watch this again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:28 am 
Bathes in Braggs

emmalv wrote:
esme wrote:

Clearly that last line is also a compelling reason why the f-bomb should be permitted on TV. "messed with" just not as impactful as the more colorful alternative.

That is American society. You can potray people being torn apart alive, shot, killed in other ways, but if you have a "fork you" in the dialog or if a woman's nipple slips through her clothing be prepared for moral outrage.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:46 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

jewbacca wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:

I must watch this again.

My husband caught it and we rewound and turned the volume up high. You have to pay close attention but its there!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:46 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Yep, those voices were definitely there. When I first heard it, I thought the female voice was Maggie (obv it wasn't) but it was pretty clear to me others are being kept.

I also want to know where they managed to rustle up all of those candles.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The candle room was creepy! That made me think these people were cannibals before the change.

My husband thought the female voice sounded like Carol, but I think it's too hard to tell.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh shiitake! What if someone in those train cars dies from starvation or dehydration and turns? There would be an entire train car of zombies. Do these people eat Zombies too? Gah, this is going to be a long asparagus wait until October. So many questions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next