| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead - Season 4 ( NO COMIC BOOK SPOILERS !
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:09 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I was happy that no major characters were killed off. I was worried about Bob and Sasha but they are still here. :)

But damn cliff hanger! And I have to wait till October. Also, is Terminus factory farming people?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I liked the heavy-handed foreshadowing scene where Rick tries to show Carl how to set a snare. I loved the way the group was herded into the train car area.

For me, train cars always connote concentration camps, but I don't think that was the intent here.

Also, we rewound and tried to see how Rick knew that Herschel's watch was in the cargo pocket of that guy's pants. We saw a weight in the pocket, for sure, but didn't see a glint of the watch or the fob at all.

I will have to re-watch (re-listen) to hear the voices! I did not catch that at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:56 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I've stopped watching the series. I only watched the first 2 episodes and am just not liking it anymore as much. Is anyone else having trouble with it this season? I'm feeling a bit deflated with the whole series now. Maybe I'll try again later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:49 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

beforewisdom wrote:
From security guard to cannibal mom

...by way of Playboy.

(Yay, people you think are attractive when you're in adolescence showing up somewhere naked! Puberty is great!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:51 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

GraciaKai wrote:
jewbacca wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
This is forked up! We re-watched the episode last night and there is a split second when they are running around Terminus looking for an out when they run past two train cars stacked on top of each other and you can hear people in them yelling and banging for help. These cannibal crassholes have ton of people in holding cells waiting to be killed and eaten! There is a possibility that Carol and Tyrese are in there...but I really hope not.

I must watch this again.

My husband caught it and we rewound and turned the volume up high. You have to pay close attention but its there!

Well, they run by and you can hear pounding and pleading, and Rick says "Come ON!" (or something like it) and they run on past. He heard them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:51 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Solkiki wrote:
I've stopped watching the series. I only watched the first 2 episodes and am just not liking it anymore as much. Is anyone else having trouble with it this season? I'm feeling a bit deflated with the whole series now. Maybe I'll try again later.

This season definitely picks up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:12 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh yeah, so my guess as to how Terminus usually works is this:

- wanderers arrive, are greeted with open arms.
- wanderers are offered a delicious meal. They eat it.
- they are brought into the community, introduced around, stuff like that
- they are shown that they're eatin' people round those parts.

"Whoa," they say, "I could NEVER eat PEOPLE!"

"You already have," says Gunther the creepy mustard. Now one of two things happens:

"Oh, okay," say the wanderers, who are then welcomed into the fold. They are shown that (I think) people who are eaten are honored or something-- that whole room with the "NEVAR FORGET" and the names and stuff. They now settle in and start with the eatin' of people and are okay with it.

Or:

"WHAT!" say the wanderers, freaking out. "NO WAY! NOW I SHOOT YOU"... and then they are either shot and butchered immediately, or captured and stuck in a boxcar for later.

Since there are probably more people who are NOT so desperate as to eat people, they have a good supply of food as well as enough dedicated folks to handle newcomers without taxing the food supply too much.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:25 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

quagga wrote:
I liked the heavy-handed foreshadowing scene where Rick tries to show Carl how to set a snare. I loved the way the group was herded into the train car area.

I didn't pick up on that foreshadowing, but I did think the people at Terminus were herding them. I think Rick could have anticipated that. People wouldn't advertise for people not knowing how to handle who would show up, including armed hostiles. You could rationalize it away by saying they were hungry, tired, and scared so they were willing to give the place a chance against their better judgement.

Quote:
Also, we rewound and tried to see how Rick knew that Herschel's watch was in the cargo pocket of that guy's pants. We saw a weight in the pocket, for sure, but didn't see a glint of the watch or the fob at all.

Whose backpack was the yellow one?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:26 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

solipsistnation wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:
From security guard to cannibal mom

...by way of Playboy.

(Yay, people you think are attractive when you're in adolescence showing up somewhere naked! Puberty is great!)

Did not know that, I got the picture off of reddit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:31 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Your theory has merit, though for it to work people have to have no problem with cannibalism right off the bat after eating a McHuman burger. I think it would take even those likely a little while to come around.

I think the point of feeding people right away is to disarm them mentally, as well as physcially. Get them relaxed, feeling safe, to make it easier to push them into a train car.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, Im not sure they are letting the people coming in from the outside in on the secret. It's totally forked up that they are feeding people humans without telling them, but maybe it's all a big laugh for them?

I do find it a little frustrating that none of them had a hunch something was odd about a so called sanctuary popping up out of no where! But I don't blame them for being trusting and running towards it. I'm sure at some point you would be on the verge of giving up hope of anything good and those signs gave them a glimmer of hope and something good to come.

I did notice the pocket watch right away cause the chain was hooked to his belt loop (I think) and then when he pulled it out it triggered the memory of who's it was. That scene was pretty brilliantly written. Lots of subtleties.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:58 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I think that if one group of people could occupy a prison and welcome newcomers (with caution), it makes total sense that another organized group could stake a claim in a train depot and also welcome newcomers. If the prison had lasted, it may also have become something like Terminus, except with farming rather than cannibalism.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:48 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

They weren't seeking newcomers out at the prison and took people in grudgingly.

Terminus was advertising like crazy, so they are getting all types showing up at their door. It is still possible that they could get a large gang showing up to rob/kill them or a group of people led by someone like the governor who would wipe them out just for being there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:35 pm 
ol' garly cooch

I found this article to be really interesting:
http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/05/th ... -terminus/

And I watched the finale over again. I definitely heard the people yelling from the boxcar this time!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:29 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I would be disappointed if the Termites weren't cannibals. A lot of things that made sense wouldn't otherwise. Oh well, we have 6 months to talk about it :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

So the memorial room, with the names and what look like tokens of each person's life, includes this:

Quote:
On the wall of the room was the quote: “NEVER AGAIN, NEVER TRUST. WE FIRST, ALWAYS.”

So it sounds like the Termites are, if nothing else, really NOT welcoming newcomers. In which case it's strange that they're luring people in with the signs, and the whole "The more people become a part of us, we get stronger" thing seems weird too. They're sure hinting at cannibalism, anyway.

Here:

I dunno. Here's a little commentary on it:

http://www.ibtimes.com/walking-dead-sea ... nus-theory

Basically, while it looks suspicious, Rick and the guys started it, right? But then why are their friends locked in a boxcar? But somebody looking to kill and eat people, or lock them up first thing, wouldn't have let them keep their weapons, right? And then not shoot them right off when they had a chance-- if you've got too much meat, you can always make jerky.

Plus, PEOPLE are not really efficient eatin'; it would be easier and generally less troublesome to catch and raise pigs like at the prison. They're less likely to think up ways to get you back before you eat them.

So yeah-- I think they intentionally hinted at cannibalism, but I don't think they're cannibals. I think it's something weirder.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:42 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I don't know what to think now. I do agree that why would you first go to people for eats... But then what would the other purpose be for hoarding people in boxcars and seemingly fattening them up (or at least bothering to feed them - I'm referring to the milk cartons we saw at some point)? Ugh, October is so far away...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

They could be feeding them because they _aren't_ monsters-- they're just defending themselves but not killing people.

That is, people show up, and if those people are threats they're herded into the boxcars and kept alive (if not very happy) while the Termites figure out what to do with them, or offer them a chance to rehabilitate or integrate or whatever. Or until they die or something. Or they hook them to a train and run the boxcar a hundred miles up the track and kick them out far enough away that they won't be a direct danger any more.

Which still doesn't explain the pile of bloody bones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:05 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I think the writers are playing with the audience via the interviews. They want to keep people guessing until October, so they said "don't be so sure about the cannibalism"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:49 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I don't think Maggie, Glenn and company would have threatened them though. They wanted Terminus to be as good as it sounded.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:38 am 

Oh dear, ship wars have gotten out of control in this fandom! Ever since Daryl and Beth have had an episode together Dethl has exploded. Carol and Daryl have always been a popular couple. Shippers are at each others throats. Isn't Beth only 17?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:00 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ship wars?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:06 am 

When you want to characters on a show to fall in love it is called shipping. Ship wars are when fans of two different pairings that have one character in common get into a huge fight. Like Daryl and Carol vs Daryl and Beth. This ship war is getting ugly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:56 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

From "Relationship." Can be used as a verb to describe what kind of sexy pairups you like to think and/or write about: "I ship Harry Potter/House MD."

Kind of a modern version of slash (which dates back a LONG time, pre-internet)-- "I like to write Kirk/Spock fic."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:08 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Do people think of Darryl and Carol as a couple though? I always thought of them as having a special bond but more like older sister/younger brother. Their potential sexy hookup lurches my stomach a little.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next