| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead - Season 4 ( NO COMIC BOOK SPOILERS !
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:59 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Nebraskalaska wrote:
Yeah, Lizzie said it should be her and Carol agreed. I don't think it was necessarily a great idea to attempt to let a child stab her dead father in the head, but you probably have to grab onto the teachable moments when they present themselves.

Ok, from the above to me it sounded like Carol was literally like "Carpe diem! Stabs away!" I was drinking a martini while watching, so... you know. I thought I missed it. On the other hand, your reply is awesome. Carol as the Dr. Spock of the Zombie Apocalypse, love it.

And... having said that... I'm not sure I would've stopped Lizzie from doing it. Messed up closure? One last act of care/protection? I wouldn't stop someone who had their reasons, because I think in a weird way I get it. Granted I wouldn't request somebody do that, but if they were "I want to" I wouldn't stop them. (And yes, she's a kid but I don't know how old she is. I'm bad at kids' ages (but pretty good at guessing dogs' ages!). If she was 5 or something, yeah, no. I'm not sure at what age one becomes qualified for this task, but maybe Lizzie was there.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

no one stopped lizzie. she froze up because she's weak. WEAK.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:55 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

j-dub wrote:
Kiddo wrote:
Yeah, start off with a non-relative for your first stabbing. Get those kids a poking stick and set them up at the fence!

Was Lizzie talking about someone named Nick? She said he wasn't supposed to die, he was different? I have no idea what that whole thing was about.

Nick was the walker who had died from the same disease Patrick died from. He had a nametag on which is why they called him by name and humanized him.

Oh, thanks :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:50 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

acr wrote:
no one stopped lizzie. she froze up because she's weak. WEAK.

Or "Messed Up" according to her little sister.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:23 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I cancelled cable, but signed up for an iTunes season pass of this. I finally watched the last episode and I did tear up when the father died after the attack, but the rats and piggies made me more sad. If Rick had to use them as bait, couldn't he have at least completely killed them before tossing them out instead of giving them a little scratch and letting them be torn apart?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:26 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I didn't understand why they just didn't lure them away with noise.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:26 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

fatcat wrote:
I cancelled cable, but signed up for an iTunes season pass of this. I finally watched the last episode and I did tear up when the father died after the attack, but the rats and piggies made me more sad. If Rick had to use them as bait, couldn't he have at least completely killed them before tossing them out instead of giving them a little scratch and letting them be torn apart?

I think the walkers only eat fresh/living beings.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Wasn't the guy they threw out of the cabin in the first episode of season 3 freshly dead?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:34 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

The pigs made me so sad. So, so sad. Human death and decay apparently doesn't bother me, but I've been thinking about those pigs ever since I watched the episode!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:34 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

fatcat wrote:
Wasn't the guy they threw out of the cabin in the first episode of season 3 freshly dead?

I don't think so, which is why it was so much more brutal. If memory serves, he was just injured.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:12 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I also thought Rick was wounding them by slicing their legs so they couldn't run away as easily from the walkers. It was sad. It made me even sadder when Rick got emotional with the last pig.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:26 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

So Carol is the culprit in killing those two sick people. How did Rick figure it out? I know he saw something on the prison door, but I couldn't tell what. It looks he saw and measured a partially bloody hand print.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Yes, I think he saw a bloody handprint and maybe because it was lefthanded or something? I don't know how he knew it was her (and i have no idea if she's left handed), but I just got that he saw a bloody handprint and somehow pieced it together. Last week part of me thought it could be her, but then I assumed the person feeding the zombies and this person would be same, and I knew Carol wouldn't feed the zombies so I dismissed the idea. I still want to know who is feeding them; Carl maybe? To create urgency in order to get his gun back?

This week's episode left me underwhelmed.

Did anyone watch Talking Dead? I was sort of excited that Marilyn Manson was a guest, because I figured he'd have some interesting contributions, but his brain is either pickled or he was high. It was so cringe-worthy to watch. He made no sense at all and Chris Hardwick was so openly hostile to him. Very interesting hour.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:47 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I don't think Carl would feed zombies.

I found this episode to be a little bit more interesting because of the fight and the chase scenes. Zombies just aren't enough anymore. I am used to seeing them. So, the herd on the mission to the vet college made things more interesting. I'm guessing other people feel that way and that is what the voice on the radio is about......new human villains now that the governor is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:03 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Holy shiitake, Carol.

I think that in comparison to Rick's big man-hand, the palm print on the door was a lot smaller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:47 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

emmalv wrote:
Did anyone watch Talking Dead? I was sort of excited that Marilyn Manson was a guest, because I figured he'd have some interesting contributions, but his brain is either pickled or he was high. It was so cringe-worthy to watch. He made no sense at all and Chris Hardwick was so openly hostile to him. Very interesting hour.

I know, he seems like the perfect person to talk to about a show like this, but he talked so damn much about nothing that he ended up ruining that show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

So yeah, Carol. That didn't actually surprise me, since she's gotten all bloodthirsty and stuff.

Aside from that, this seemed like kind of an interstitial episode-- people are getting sick, there's an expedition to get medicine, people are getting pretty het up about stuff, but mostly just character stuff and a bit of zombie killin' to keep it exciting. I hope next week's picks up the plot development a bit more.

I kind of expected them to find that their hose was jammed up with corpse pieces or something. Seriously, they're drinking water from the ditch the walkers stomp around in? No wonder they're all getting ill. Yeckers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:50 pm 
Nailed to the V

i thought it was funny when we found out hershel was picking elderberry and i was like, since when does elderberry look like small green bell peppers and grow on tiny, individual, little bushes?

i thought the car tires getting stuck on a big pile of walkers and kicking up blood and guts like a car would if it were stuck in a muddy ditch was one of the best shots in the show ever.

yeah, what the fizzle don't they have a well?? i hope they're boiling that water. they should also shouldn't be directly drinking that rain water because if there's bird poop on that roof where the water drains from or an area where bacteria could grow between roof, gutter, and barrel that could be very bad. sanitation in the zombie apocalypse=important, y'all!

i think carol killing those two who were sick at first seems like an it-had-to-be-done task, but then it seems a bit sadistic when you consider the virus was already airborne and whoever was going to get sick was going to get sick anyway at that point.

and why weren't the sick forced to immediately wear handkerchiefs over their faces? that's what you have to do in hospitals if you're the one w/ an airborne illness like flu. ugh sanitation!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:24 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Carol took her banishment remarkably well!

Also, apparently I have been trained to trust no one on this show because as soon as the couple showed up in the house, I just assumed they were up to no good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:28 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Much better episode than last week, IMO. Carol did take her banishment well; I so didn't see that coming! I wonder if down the line they'll let us know some way or another what she's up to. Maybe she hooks up with the Gov'nah.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

emmalv wrote:
Carol did take her banishment well; I so didn't see that coming!

Didn't you? As soon as Rick was taking her out on a run with just the two of them, I _knew_ she wasn't coming back. And when he was trying to keep the 2 kids from going along to help search, I thought it was because he was going to go execute Carol and he didn't want them seeing what was going on since it would be a little hard to explain.

Anyway, yes, I doubt we've seen the last of her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:48 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

solipsistnation wrote:
emmalv wrote:
Carol did take her banishment well; I so didn't see that coming!

Didn't you? As soon as Rick was taking her out on a run with just the two of them, I _knew_ she wasn't coming back. And when he was trying to keep the 2 kids from going along to help search, I thought it was because he was going to go execute Carol and he didn't want them seeing what was going on since it would be a little hard to explain.

Anyway, yes, I doubt we've seen the last of her.

Nope. Totally didn't see it coming. Maybe that makes me dense :) I thought maybe he'd take the one on one time to talk about it, chastise her, something along those lines. Rick hasn't really been all that authoritative lately which is why it surprised me. Plus, why wait until after they gathered supplies and everything? Its not like him to use her to gather loot for the group and then let her go, and if he was planning to let her go all along, I don't know why he would have hung out first. She could gather her own stuff. And why have the heart to heart? I think he made up his mind to let her go over the course of that day. Maybe the 2 kids they ran into and the fact that they died played into his decision well, but I'm not sure how...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Okay, so maybe it wasn't originally his intention, but I thought the plot was going there one way or another. It seemed a little telegraphed, is all. I thought he was going to claim she'd been eaten by walkers or something.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:37 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i didn't see it coming either. i just thought he took carol because he didn't trust her to stay at the prison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:21 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Wow, that was so sad about the kids and Carol.

I wonder if Rick is going to tell the truth about Carol or just people that she died.

I wonder where she was driving to in the end, it isn't like there is anywhere to go and all sorts of gas to be had.

It could be that the writers are now letting people leave the show without them getting killed first.

I don't know how I feel about the show without Carol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next