| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Fall 2013 Shows - what are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:05 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I finally started Dracula and it's okay, but I'm barely hanging in. I like his large manservant - he's all large and calm and well spoken - he's soothing.

beethecookie wrote:
I think it's better in general than the pilot was. Yes, it sort of reeks of CW teen drama a bit and it's not historically accurate AT ALL, but I watch purely for the entertainment value, I guess. The storylines are intriguing enough as they develop to keep me watching.

Yes, this. Also, Francis is sooooo cute.

I watched the first ep and a half of Mom and I was done.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:45 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

This season only Sleepy Hollow and S.H.I.E.L.D. have hold my interest later mostly because of the Marvel connection and SH because of the characters and because it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:52 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

This guy I was tap-out partners with (HA) in theatre school has done tonnes of movies and shows, and he keeps posting on FB about his new HBO show and I have no idea what it is but I glean that it's a comedy and possibly hasn't aired yet. Are you TV buffs aware of anything? He also played one of Dwight's brothers in the Office (just one episode) and was supposed to be on the spin-off about Dwight's farm that never materialized. He was a nice dude and we went to movies together when I first moved to Victoria.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:59 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

vijita wrote:
This guy I was tap-out partners with (HA) in theatre school has done tonnes of movies and shows, and he keeps posting on FB about his new HBO show and I have no idea what it is but I glean that it's a comedy and possibly hasn't aired yet. Are you TV buffs aware of anything? He also played one of Dwight's brothers in the Office (just one episode) and was supposed to be on the spin-off about Dwight's farm that never materialized. He was a nice dude and we went to movies together when I first moved to Victoria.

Silicon Valley?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:01 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm <3ing Grimm again

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:10 am 

acr wrote:
vijita wrote:

Silicon Valley?

Yes! IMDB says he is on that show! Is it good?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:20 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

it's not on yet. it sounds like it could be.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 am 

Cool, thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:56 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I'm <3ing Grimm again

Me too -- it's one of my favorite shows.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:40 pm 
Tofu Pup

I haven't seen anyone mention Masters of Sex. I cannot be the only one watching this. Such a great series.

Other than this one, I am very sparing with the shows that involve relationships, since I hate it when they get all sappy. I have way too much melodrama in my own life to care for that anymore. Which is funny, since I used to skirt around murder mysteries and cop shows.

Now my favorites for the fall have become:
Blacklist
The Bridge (I need to go looking for the original that someone mentioned; I have only seen the adaptation)
Orange is the New Black (which might not be fall...perhaps I just saw it in the fall)
Homeland (though I'm getting tired of the emotional rollercoaster)
and my one comedy, Moms.
I so want to like "The Crazy Ones," since I think Robin Williams is a genius, but they haven't given
him the right context to be great in. Adding Brad Garrett as his partner was their best move so far and might save the show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:38 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Chipmunk wrote:
I'm watching the second season of The Bridge the Swedih/Danish version, not the remake), which just started. The last season was picked up by BBC Four, but no news on the current one.

I finally finished the first season last night, because it only just made its way over to America! I was actually shocked to find the original Swedish/Danish version on Hulu, as I assumed they would just have an American remake. I'm glad to hear there's a second season, and I'm looking forward to watching it.

I loved this show, both as someone who gets into a good crime drama and someone who has spent a little (teensy bit of) time in the Copenhagen-Malmö area and speaks Swedish as a second language. What I also loved about both Bron/Broen and Förbrydelsen was the proliferation of deeply developed, complex female characters.

I do wonder, however, if these shows (the originals) are as interesting to people who are not as versed in the cultural/lingual differences between Sweden and Denmark. I'm a little afraid to recommend it to my boyfriend because I'm worried he may find it boring.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:24 pm 

Ooh it's on hulu! I've been wanting to watch the original version!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:33 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

ijustdiedinside wrote:

Ever since I got Hulu plus (I know, I know, try to scrape your jaw up off the ground, I put my pants on one leg at a time like everyone else) I can never tell whether something I'm watching is available on regular ol' free Hulu or not. So I'm not sure? I hope so!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:48 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Chipmunk wrote:
I'm watching the second season of The Bridge the Swedih/Danish version, not the remake), which just started. The last season was picked up by BBC Four, but no news on the current one.

I finally finished the first season last night, because it only just made its way over to America! I was actually shocked to find the original Swedish/Danish version on Hulu, as I assumed they would just have an American remake. I'm glad to hear there's a second season, and I'm looking forward to watching it.

I loved this show, both as someone who gets into a good crime drama and someone who has spent a little (teensy bit of) time in the Copenhagen-Malmö area and speaks Swedish as a second language. What I also loved about both Bron/Broen and Förbrydelsen was the proliferation of deeply developed, complex female characters.

I do wonder, however, if these shows (the originals) are as interesting to people who are not as versed in the cultural/lingual differences between Sweden and Denmark. I'm a little afraid to recommend it to my boyfriend because I'm worried he may find it boring.

Ooh! I want to watch this. I watched a few Arne Dahl shows which are Swedish and I loved them even though I know nothing about Sweden. I do love a good crime drama though, so I'll watch those in any language. But if your boyfriend likes crime drama I bet he'd like the Bridge even without the cultural/lingual differences between Sweden and Denmark. Not that I've seen The Bridge yet, so maybe I am way off base. Regardless, I am excited for a new show to watch!

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:32 pm 

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:

Ever since I got Hulu plus (I know, I know, try to scrape your jaw up off the ground, I put my pants on one leg at a time like everyone else) I can never tell whether something I'm watching is available on regular ol' free Hulu or not. So I'm not sure? I hope so!

seems like it's available on both! it also seems like any time i really need to watch a show on hulu plus, i can make a new email address and find a free trial somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:49 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Yay, moody Scandinavian crime dramas for all!

Someone else mentioned Silicon Valley, I cannot wait for this to come out. First of all, it's Mike Judge; second, it's got Kumail Nanjiani (sp?); and third, it is (hopefully) a biting satire of the tech industry that has swallowed up delightfully augmented my hometown.

Speaking of which, has anybody been watching Looking? I am interested in watching it mostly because it's filmed in San Francisco but goddamn if every time I see or hear or read something about it it just seems mind-numbingly boring. Am I missing out?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I really liked The Bridge! Now I want to watch the second season but I am dumb and I don't know how to watch things online. Also, I had to do a free trial of Hulu Plus for the last two episodes.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:08 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

It's not a 2013 show but I just started watching Friday Night Lights, I just watched the first season and it's so so so good, I don't understand why this was not a huuuuge show??

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:14 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

If you were waiting to see if a show got cancelled, the answer is probably yes.

http://www.ismyshowcancelled.com/news/2014/

I mean, stuff I watch got renewed but it was almost all stuff that wasn't in danger - like Once Upon A Time and New Girl. I was really pulling for Trophy Wife. Time to start my twitter campagin, #SaveBert

And here's a list of some summer premieres.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/05/2014-s ... returning/

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:30 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I watched Hart of Dixie but in what universe is it fair that this show gets another season and Community and Trophy Wife get cancelled??

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:46 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I'm sort of ticked about Star Crossed. I liked Tomorrow People even though it was a rip off of like 4 different things, but that season finale was such shiitake it's no surprise it got cancelled.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:02 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

CANCELLATIONS FOR THE CANCELLATION GOD
MIDSEASON REPLACEMENTS FOR THE MIDSEASON REPLACEMENT THRONE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7