| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Masterchef Junior
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:54 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Okay y'all. I know I'm not the only one obsessed with this. SO FRAKKIN CUTE. Also, the most depressing show ever, because having kids get booted off at the end is just so sad! They're always so hopeful!

This last episode I loved Sarah's calculated sassy strategist side. Oh man that bit about 'keep your friends close...' Dies of cute.

Jack is my favorite.

Post subject: Re: Masterchef Junior
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yeah, it was funny when she offered Jack a gummy bear. Gordan did not react well to her evil plan though. I thought it was funny how after she won, she was given TONS of gummy bears and a milk shake. I agree that it's hard to see the kids get sent home. I love that they get to keep their aprons at least. I also love how nice the judges are to the kids; like Gordon helping the girl who was crying.

I do have to wonder if any of the food is actually that good though. The judges have children, and I'm sure that that's probably their basis of comparison for this show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:07 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I was (am?) a little put off by the level of precocious-ness, but it kind of makes sense that cooking like that at a super young age would go hand in hand with a bit of that. It's pretty cute. Most of their cakes were so sad. It was kind of hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i love this show. i love how the judges are showing their nicer side. i love when Gordon tries to help them or calls the girls "my darling"
even Joe is nice!

my favorite already went home. the long haired girl with the hipster glasses. Sophia???

Sara i find annoying but i think she's right at that bossy pants age so that may explain it.

i think Alexander will win but he makes me a bit sad. he is SO SERIOUS that i kind of wonder if his parents like pushed him into this.
he is super talented though!

it was crazy when they made the beef wellingtons. i mean damn!

i actually was kind of glad when a lot of the cakes were sad looking because i was feeling all sorts of inadequate. then i was like "HA! I CAN MAKE A LAYER CAKE!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:04 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I was looking last night to see if we had a thread yet for this gem. Oh man, these kids are awesome! The younger girl who went home on the last ep was a surprise - I thought she was a total sleeper.

I generally don't care much for Gordon Ramsay, but I just love him in this.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:42 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

LisaPunk wrote:
i think Alexander will win but he makes me a bit sad. he is SO SERIOUS that i kind of wonder if his parents like pushed him into this.
he is super talented though!

Awh I love his seriousness, it comes off super earnest to me, it doesn't feel like a forced thing. I definitely get a SUPER passionate vibe from him. Awhhhh mannnnn when he was crying about his cake?!?!?! :(((((((((((((

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:53 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

LisaPunk wrote:
...but i think she's right at that bossy pants age so that may explain it.

OT: LisaPunk, this made me laugh so hard. I work with someone who never transitioned out of her bossy pants age, and the next time something happens, I'm going to be hard put not to start laughing, thinking of what you wrote.

Back on topic, I'm conflicted with this show. I'm so impressed with how talented the kids are, and enjoy seeing the softer side of the judges, but I don't like seeing the kids exposed to competition on a nationally-televised level. (I usually address this by switching the channel before the show ends.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:26 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I like Masterchef Junior too, I find these kids to be a riot. (So right about Bossypants Sarah!) I like how the judges are helpful and I appreciate that the kids are so much more supportive of each other than the adults. Is it me or do all these kids seem way older than their years? I have no kids but they seem like little adults. Not in a bad way, in a funny-I-can't-believe-she-said-that way. I hope Alexander takes it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:19 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

emmalv wrote:
Is it me or do all these kids seem way older than their years? I have no kids but they seem like little adults. Not in a bad way, in a funny-I-can't-believe-she-said-that way.

No, they definitely do. It's interesting to me that they are almost all from NYC and the surrounding area or the LA area (and then one I think from San Francisco). I wonder what the casting process was like. My theory is that a lot of these kids have been exposed to performing or the entertainment industry in some capacity. I'd be curious to know what their parents do for a living.

Anyway, it's entertaining! And I agree that seeing the judges be nice and genuinely seem like they're having fun is cute. Joe talking about hollowing the cake out as kid so that Lidia wouldn't catch him sneaking it cracked me up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:10 pm 
Nailed to the V

This is probably the best show I've seen in a while- entertainment wise.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:55 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I think we all knew from episode one that Al was going to win this. I love that he's genuinely a very a sweet kid too, and I can't imagine how talented he'll be in 20 years

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:09 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

bastah wrote:
I think we all knew from episode one that Al was going to win this. I love that he's genuinely a very a sweet kid too, and I can't imagine how talented he'll be in 20 years

I loved how when Dara was feeling dizzy and stopped to drink some water, he stopped too. And when she needed an ingredient, he gave it to her. That would NEVER happen with the adults.

And Luca, oh, I love Luca..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:49 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yes, I loved that and he put his arm around her! These kids have all been nicer than the adults to each other. I want to believe that this young generation is better than my generation.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:14 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Jack is my hero.