| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:51 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Nicole wrote:
I'm watching the finale right now. I'm creeped out and confused!

Seriously! Holy hell. That was the most stressful hour of television I've ever watched.

bcakes wrote:
Hurry up and watch the finale everyone. I'm still trying to decide if I'm satisfied with it. (Since I spent all day searching the internet for finale analysis, I think the answer is probably yes.)

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it either. I feel like I need to watch the finale again because I was so stressed out while watching it.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:49 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Before I watched the finale, I read all this stuff on Slate and maybe others about how unsatisfying it was, blah blah blah, so I was prepared for disappointment but I actually loved it. I didn't care about all the things they complained about.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:51 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I did like it, and I appreciate it that they wrapped it up and didn't pull a Fight Club or something like that. However, the beginning of the season and the second half did almost seem like 2 different shows to me? Maybe I just got wrapped up with the questionings and wanted that vibe to continue the whole time. I do sort of, if I had the time, go back and re-watch. I think this is one of those shows where a ton of clever easter egg-type things went over my head.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:50 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

emmalv wrote:
However, the beginning of the season and the second half did almost seem like 2 different shows to me? Maybe I just got wrapped up with the questionings and wanted that vibe to continue the whole time. I do sort of, if I had the time, go back and re-watch. I think this is one of those shows where a ton of clever easter egg-type things went over my head.

I liked the unreliable narrator aspect that the questioning/flashback set-up allowed too. I'm thinking of rewatching the whole season with my husband since he didn't watch it with me the first time. If nothing else, maybe I'll finally figure out all of Matthew McConaughey's dialogue.