| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Veronica Mars movie, full o' spoilers.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:12 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

To separate it from the show thread, and so we can get spoilery as a mug in here. So go back if you haven't seen the movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rob Thomas,

Sacks?! HOW COULD YOU.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post subject: Re: The Veronica Mars movie, full o' spoilers.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:44 am 
And you never will.

I KNOW. I almost cried.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:15 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

They had to kill someone! I'm glad it wasn't Weevil, if it had been a Joss Wheadon production it would have been him because his life was so perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:28 am 
And you never will.

LazySmurf wrote:
They had to kill someone! I'm glad it wasn't Weevil, if it had been a Joss Wheadon production it would have been him because his life was so perfect.

Ha! True. Although, he did end up going back to the biker life (thanks to that bisque Celeste), so that was pretty sad.

Also, I totally freaked out when Leo started talking about how he thought Veronica had joined the FBI and she was like "maybe in another life." (!!!!!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:29 am 

I was very happy with the movie, few things really bothered me. The first was, Veronica hadn't talked to Logan in nine years but she had his number programmed into her phone (he called and it showed up as his name). And Celeste was the woman who shot Weevil because...why? I know they're going to do novels afterward even if there isn't a sequel so I assume they're setting that story up, BUT I think the movie should be able to be a stand-alone, so if you don't know about the books, it just seems like a really forced cameo when that could've been any random woman. I thought everyone else being there made sense and didn't seem forced, like Veronica running into Mr. Clemmons for only a few seconds in a stairwell.

I loved all of the nods to the show! Sheriff NuLamb saying "How's that working out for you?" and Leo asking Veronica about the FBI and uh. There were others. Also I lost it when Martin Starr is going to his apartment and the dude who comes out and talks to him is the teacher from Freaks and Geeks! Dax Shepard's cameo.

I didn't read a lot about the movie beforehand, I knew Max Greenfield and Krysten Ritter were going to be in it. I was kind of hoping Allyson Hannigan would appear, since the main plot is Logan being suspected of killing someone. Also, I knew that Leighton Meester wasn't Carrie Bishop, but I didn't know that Carrie and Logan's girlfriend were the same person.

Ryan Hansen deserves an Oscar. I love that he grew his hair out to be more Dick-like.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 am 
And you never will.

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Veronica hadn't talked to Logan in nine years but she had his number programmed into her phone (he called and it showed up as his name).

Yeah, that was weird.

I lost it when the guy from Freaks and Geeks came out, but then no one I was watching with had seen the show so I was alone in my recognition. And I had to explain to one of my sisters who Dax Shepard was.

I'm also sad that Allyson Hannigan wasn't in it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:41 am 

I promised Brian I would try to keep my 'omg its !!!!!!!!!!!!!!' to a minimum until after the movie was over, I was expecting a lot more celebrity cameos, outside of people who had been on the show. But it was Dax, and the teacher and I think that might've been it. I'm glad we saw Curly for a second, but I was also hoping to see the girl who Veronica helps get her dog back (Chester, episode makes me cry like a baby every single time). But maybe she just couldn't do it, they got a lot of the other classmates in the movie.

Also as soon as they said Susan Knight was dead, I turned to Brian and said "ADAM SCOTT DID IT."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:04 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Um, IRA GLASS? I loved that cameo.

I really liked the movie overall. It was also super weird hearing VM swear.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I loved it so much. I don't even really have anything to discuss, it just exceeded my expectations and made me so happy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:43 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

jordanpattern wrote:
Um, IRA GLASS? I loved that cameo.

Yes! That was the only one that surprised me!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:17 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I am full of feels. So many feels.

Overall I really really liked it! I knew most of the cameos were coming so nothing really surprised me, but when Veronica surprised Keith at his office I literally squealed out loud. I love them. And the whole scene with Veronica warding off guys at The 09er was perfect. "My boyfriend's a hit man. He kills people for money. Actually, he's thinking about investing. Do you have a card?"

I am Team Logan 4Ever, so obviously I am pleased with how that went down. Mike had many feels re: Piz, because he thinks Piz is clearly the better boyfriend, which, yes, sure, in reality most of us would rather date Piz and I think Chris Lowell is incredibly attractive but but but Logan, with the smoldering and the protectiveness and the history? And now he's a frickin' air force fighter pilot? COME ON. Plus at the end of the day, Veronica isn't a no drama kind of girl. It was a bit sad to see her bail on her lawyer job, but I'm glad she's back in Neptune because I want to see more of her doings as a grown up PI/investigator/detective/general mystery solver. And that totally leaves it open for books or (hopefully!) more movies or a miniseries or something.

The mystery was pretty good, though it kind of bugged me that they couldn't get Leighton Meister back as Carrie Bishop/Bonnie DeVille. Dick was, as ever, the most magnificent douchebag. Vinnie remains a delightful sleaze. "You're legal now, right? We should go out sometime." "Yuck." Sherrif Dan Lamb (never not laughing at that) was even worse than OG Lamb and I'm glad he got busted at the end. (Loved Logan in the Free Hugs hat!) I am super sad that Deputy Sachs died and wish Rob Thomas would stop hitting Keith Mars with vehicles please. Loved seeing Deputy Leo and LOVED seeing V deck Madison (pole cardio instructor to the stars, of course she is). I could watch that on a loop forever. Wallace and Mac were, of course, awesome and Veronica asking Wallace to get her someone's permanent file was perfect.

Weevil's story was sad. It was so nice to see him all cleaned up with a wife and a baby. Celeste Kane is the worst human. When did she and Jake get divorced?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:00 pm 

Apparently Leighton was filming another movie at the same time, on the opposite coast.

I don't have any particular VM boyfriend preference, but I really wish she hadn't ditched Piz. Because Piz. And we know it's over for good because she humped Logan.

I forgot something else that bothered me: The 09ers who put together that memorial video would've never included Felix. Totally unrealistic.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:10 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Definitely not if it was the same kind of person who would put in Veronica's sex tape.

Which, okay, the sex tape. Was that supposed to be the one from the end of season 3? Because that was in color, not weird night vision, and Veronica stated several times that it wasn't a SEX tape because she and Piz hadn't had sex yet.

I like Piz. He's a good guy. In real life, in Veronica were a friend of mine, I'd absolutely tell her to stay with Piz. But he had the unfortunate distinction, then and now, of coming after Logan (I don't mean it that way OR DO I) and that means he was never going to be The Guy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:44 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I'm team Logan all the way. Piz just seems so boring. He's cute enough, but bland.

Other things:

Weevil looked good! It seemed/looked as though Francis Capra was dealing with some health issues in season 3, so I was happy to see that he looked so healthy in the movie. Also, as for him re-joining the bikers, I saw that as sort of a positive, like it was a restoration of some of the balance in Neptune. During the show, it always seemed like Weevil kept the PCHers in line, so him going back to them seems like sort of a good thing.

I actually really liked how Veronica walked away from the law job. I actually did the exact same thing (though for different reasons, of course), so I'm biased, but it was kind of nice to hear VM say that the stable lawyer job and attendant life bored the shiitake out of her. Being a corporate lawyer is so contrary to the character the show developed, I just couldn't see her going through with it.

I also loved that scene where Veronica picks up the phone at Mars Investigations, and her dad sees her. I love that relationship.

I also loved the brief interaction with Veronica and Mr. C in the stairwell.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

jordanpattern wrote:
Being a corporate lawyer is so contrary to the character the show developed, I just couldn't see her going through with it.

That's a good point and definitely true. I can kind of see her being a lawyer, but definitely not a corporate one. Criminal law, maybe. But I don't think it would ever be hands-on enough for her.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:20 am 

Yeah, I have no problem walking away from being a lawyer. I still think it would be awesome if she took the bar though, because then she could be a PI AND defend people.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

"I wish logan knew how to quit you" was a beautiful line

I actually had to pause it and clutch my chest and breath deeply when they showed logan the first time because that character AFFECTS ME. the brooding! the puppy dog eyes, sigh sigh infinite sigh.
overall I liked it a lot, I screamed when weevil got shot and would have not been okay if he had died.

I'm glad she quit lawyering

I now want the whole show to be rebooted and I would watch it every week.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:51 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Did they ever address who became sherif? Keith or Vinnie? It didn't seem like either had.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:08 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

When they started showing the memorial I thought for sure Lily was going to be in it because uh...that was like a third of the entire show? They certainly revisited the Veronica sex tape enough, I'd honestly kinda forgotten that happened.

My time line is jumbled, if she hadn't spoken to Logan in 9 years does that mean she'd been dating Piz for 9 years? And never met his parents?

Also super random but the first guy they interviewed to be Logan's lawyer is this actor who just made a movie with one of my friends. I pointed him out to my mom and she was like "duh, he's a real working actor" but I was like being in the Veronica Mars movie is next level fame.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:03 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Fee wrote:
My time line is jumbled, if she hadn't spoken to Logan in 9 years does that mean she'd been dating Piz for 9 years? And never met his parents?

No, she and Piz had only been dating again for like a year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:08 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

LazySmurf wrote:
Did they ever address who became sherif? Keith or Vinnie? It didn't seem like either had.

No, it was open-ended but after the thing with Veronica being arrested for breaking into the Kane house and Keith trying to cover it up it was kind of implied that she'd ruined his chances.

Fee, I noticed the lack of Lily too. And what about Meg? Maybe we just didn't see those bits? Was some of that while she was in the hallways with Logan? Hmm. I'll need to rewatch.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:20 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Oh my god and the "it IS on a hell mouth" comment from Piz - best line of the movie?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:24 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Fee wrote:
Oh my god and the "it IS on a hell mouth" comment from Piz - best line of the movie?

Everyone in the theater went nuts at that line. It was great.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:40 pm 

Lily was actually a year older than them, so she wouldn't have been in the class memorial. No idea about Meg though, was she in their class?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I watched the movie today and now I just want to watch the entire series again. I'm totally team Logan! They make the best couple ever!