| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Cougar Town!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:48 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Another vegan reference tonight, I squealed a bit!! That's the third this season :D

Plus, it was a really, really awesome episode. I hope you guys get to watch it soon ;D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:20 am 
Semen Strong

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS SHOW IS BACK! Its so good!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yay, Tofulish! I think it's just as good as it has been in previous seasons, these new episodes have made me laugh SO much.

And yay for having someone else in this thread again!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:26 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Did you watch tonight, T?

I laughed so hard at Andy forgetting that he was mayor! And Bobby's in-store date was sweet :)

What are the chances that two of them would be in Alanis video clips - I googled it and it's legit - HA!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 pm 
Semen Strong

I am almost caught up! I loved when they were watching Game of Thrones and Jules asks "Do my nipples look like that?" And Grayson says "yes" and Bobby says "no." And Travis is there on his first date, and then Jules says "Oh he got to them before Trav did." And Grayson looks sad.

Jelly-hulk and Trav is not my favorite story line. They do have a weird chemistry, but its just not a sexual one - more like brother/sister friends.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Haha! Yes, the GoT scene was good. I also liked when she said "next week we're going to watch, read or play something called The Hungry Games"

I completely agree with you on Trav and Laurie - I've been against it from the moment they started hinting.

Dear lovely people of Cougie Town (that's my nickname for your show),
Please do not let Trav and Laurie become a couple. It's just weird.
Love, your vegan fan xox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:30 pm 
Semen Strong

The S.S. T.D. is the best name for a boat ever.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:37 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ha, true!

I loved them all on the scooters at the end, that would have been a lot of fun to film

ETA: 5th SEASON!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:30 am 
Semen Strong

Yes! That whole episode made me want to be a cranky old person :)

And Bobby asking Andy because he was afraid to commit to his lady was so funny and in character. Though I didn't see any chemistry between the characters, and Bobby has chemistry with everyone. Especially Andy. And the snake handling was hilarious.

It does look like they are setting Travis and Laurie up for a relationship, though hopefully the fact that they have a fifth season will delay that horribleness. They do have great chemistry, but like friends or sibling. imagining them kiss is like seeing a brother and sister French kiss.

It is SUCH a good show! Also it makes me so nostalgic for Scrubs :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:34 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I really love the friendship between Bobby and Andy (it's GUY LOVE!)

Well after last night it seems certain that Laurie & Trav will at least attempt a relationship, I'm willing to put my negative feelings on hold and see what happens :)

Next week is the season finale :(

The voiceovers this episode reminded me so much of Scrubs, loved it!

Also, after last night we had to watch the Community episode ft. The Breakfast Club dance with Jeff and Abed getting drunk ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:04 pm 
Semen Strong

Grocery store jail! And Andy the sympotent was hilarious! Hobbit-saber!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:40 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh and GREEK YOGURT! OMG, I snorted so loud.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yes, the Greek yoghurt thing was gross & hilarious.

This week - aw! The second ep made me teary. Trav and Laurie was weird but I still felt all emotional for them.

No more til next year :( CT should be on all year round.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:38 pm 
Semen Strong

I love that Drs Dorian MD, Reid MD and Turk MD were all listed on the Gulfhaven Plaza Medical Associates when Jules takes Chick to the doctors. Made me all nostalgic! And then his MD was Dr Mickhead! Yay Scrubs! Also, Werther's treats were funny. But so sad that Chicki has Alzheimers.

For all I don't like Laurie and Travis, I loved "No one has ever made me a stalker video that I didn't have to see in court first..... " I found myself cringing before they went to kiss.

Dog Travis and Bobby: "Who holds your paws while they check your nuts!" (though obvs they should neuter Dog Travis)

The Latino connection was hilarious. Bisexual Bowler! Lettuce, Guacamole, Bacon and Tomato sandwich!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Tofulish wrote:
I love that Drs Dorian MD, Reid MD and Turk MD were all listed on the Gulfhaven Plaza Medical Associates when Jules takes Chick to the doctors. Made me all nostalgic! And then his MD was Dr Mickhead! Yay Scrubs! Also, Werther's treats were funny. But so sad that Chicki has Alzheimers.

Good catch, I will have to re-watch and look out for this! And I know, poor Chick. I was so worried they were going to have him die so I was just happy that did not happen!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:24 pm 
Semen Strong

I just remembered that Cougar Town is back, so I watched Episode 1 of Season 5. Travis and Laurie is just the worst thing ever. THE WORST.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:03 pm 
Hip Goiter

I'm caught up, and Trav and Laurie don't grow on you, or get better, or whatever. It's baaad. And it's bringing down the show.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:53 pm 
Semen Strong

I liked episodes 2 and 3, except for the Laurie and Travis storylines, which were so BAD! Its like they have to have the characters mack on one another to cover up that there is no chemistry between them. I liked Trav having a secret crush on Laurie, because that is part of growing up, but it really doesn't seem like it should be mutual. And OMG the shower sex thing was so awful, I was cringing. I felt like I was watching Mary Kay LeTourneau.

Jules getting swept up in the excitement of Chandler's flashmob proposal was so good and funny, Jules and the girl scouts and the terrible wedding toasts that morphed into tenderness between Jules and Grayson, Bobby being excited for snow, Ellie finding Missy to back Laurie up instead of tearing her down, all good storylines. And so much better than almost anything else on television.

But the Laurie-Trav storyline makes me feel like someone is trying way too hard to kill the show.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:50 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh yes! I forgot how much I loved Bobby's excitement over the snow (perhaps because I can't fathom anyone being excited about snow anymore), and I loved that Jules went along with Chandler! Best was when Grayson came out from Coffebucks and was like, "Hey what's all this celebrating?" and it was his wife getting engaged. SO good! And Ellie has been off the charts as usual. But yeah Trav and Laurie make me feel icky.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:14 am 
Semen Strong

Andy and Bobby wading into the ocean together, after the quasi-re-enactment of Jaws was Just So GOOD!!!!

The writing is just so good, and the characters are so awesome. I can't understand why this show seems destined for the junkheap. I wonder why it isn't a Friends 2.0 - great ensemble cast, even better writing, funny and yet moving (the friendships, Jules and her Dad) storylines.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20