| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:11 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I mean, I still watch and love the show but Im so ready for Moffatt and his casual sexism to be gone.

This sums up exactly how I feel about it, especially after the most recent Sherlock episode.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:58 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I often have to think of the scene where 11 tells Amy "Pond, put some trousers on" because she was distracting Rory in her too shirt skirt, so he made a mistake.

And I kept thinking, no. Even as a joke.

Or Rory saying that Amy “cheated” her way into a driver’s license by wearing a skirt.

Or also when the Doctor said "Impossible girl, mystery wrapped in an enigma, squeezed into a skirt that's just a little bit too... tight... "

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:38 pm 
Semen Strong

I feel like they moved away from the weird sexist comments/jokes/put downs on Clara's looks and clothes last season, which was nice. She was treated like an equal and a friend and I loved that. The first Capaldi season was uncomfortable with all the comments about Clara's body, like how Strax and the Doctor couldn't tell if she was a boy or a girl. I was very glad it stopped.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46