| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Orange is the New Black - Season 4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That ending!!!!! Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How on earth am I meant to deal with life for the next year not knowing what happens next?

I must say, I enjoyed this season. It got me back in to it. I liked the way Piper finally realised what a plank she has been. It was really powerful the way it was done. Even though I had been really not liking her I actually cried for her.

I was expecting to spend the final episode in floods but just as I was sitting down to watch I checked my emails and in it was really good news so it didn't hit me as hard until the last 5 mins went down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 pm 
WRETCHED

After all the sad talk, episode 6... I was dying at the end.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

God, this show just tore my heart right out.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 am 
WRETCHED

I was wrong, I meant episode 5, I think. Basically I'm not sure how acting racist herself wouldn't bring that to the surface in others.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm only guessing on the episodes but I think in that episode were she cries to Red is I can kind of relate to her. Obviously not on her level of messing up, but there's plenty of times I've messed up and the moment of realisation on how bad of forked up is pretty awful but completely necessary. I'm not excusing her racism at all or downplaying it. She was involved in causing heartbreaking, unimaginable torture for a lot of people. She used people's hate to target an individual that was competition for her. In the end it was innocent not part of the war people that got hurt the most.

She is nearly a representation of Thrump. Using people's hatred to get what he wants and not considering the fallout for the actions other than what he could gain from it.

I just want to say again.... I've never done anything as awful as that.... I'm just on about moments were I've been a tool to try "fit in" then that moment when I realise how far I've let myself and others down and potentially hurt others has been gut wrenching for me.

I'm still in shock at that time ending though. The power Maria has over Daya now. That girls life is going to be completely ruined because of her.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:14 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm so scared for Daya. I wanted her to pull through and be with her baby and get her life together. I did NOT see that ending coming with her.

And I still can't believe they took Poussey from us, especially after she was coming together. If Nikki gets killed off next season I just won't be able to deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:50 am 

Disappearing Ink wrote:
This season was excellent. But, also the worst. Poussey was my favourite. Too sad. :(

Yes, the best and the worst, right? It was really good and I hate the writers right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh, I just watched the last two episodes. I cried when Poussey died. That was forking horrible. She was so lovely and looked like she finally had a future to look forward to :(

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:11 pm 

I feel incredibly stupid for not noticing the whole Poussey/Eric Garner/I Can't Breathe connection. http://uproxx.com/tv/orange-is-the-new- ... -dead-mad/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:44 pm 

I'm watching interviews with the cast on youtube and I had no idea the woman who played Morello is Australian and it is so weird listening to her natural voice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:05 pm 
WRETCHED

She is adorable. We missed last night because I had a sleep study, we might get to watch 2 episodes tonight. My goal is to finish the season by Monday at the latest.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:54 pm 

Mr. Shankly wrote:
I feel incredibly stupid for not noticing the whole Poussey/Eric Garner/I Can't Breathe connection. http://uproxx.com/tv/orange-is-the-new- ... -dead-mad/

A friend shared that with me this morning, and I had basically the same response... how did I not see it? But I think I was just so overcome with disbelief and ugly crying that there was no room to see anything else.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:48 pm 
Hip Goiter

OOOHHHHHHH my goodness I cannot believe this season. I'm so sad for Poussey. That was so hard to watch. Everything this season has been hard to watch. It's too realistic I need some levity!!

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:31 am 
WRETCHED

I was kind of hoping that Piper would have a swastika on her forever (or at least until she got out of jail). Guess not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

One thing that bothers me... how can the prison admin not realise a guard is missing? Wouldn't he be scheduled for shifts or something? If they thought he just wasn't showing up surely they'd need to go and get his badge/keys.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:23 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah, I wondered that too. I know it happened on the day lots of them walked out, but surely they would need to get his keys etc. back, as you said.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:36 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Just finished, and I don't think I'll ever not be covered in goosebumps again. Whoa.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:53 pm 

I thought the part about the guard missing was totally believable because it was on the day they walked out and there has been so much chaos in the prison since then, so many new faces, Caputo has barely been around and the company that now owns Litchfield (can't remember the name right now) doesn't really seem to care about what's going on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:11 pm 
WRETCHED

Suzanne's story was so heartbreaking

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:40 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I kept yelling "why won't someone give her CPR?!" "Aren't you trained?!" And poor Healey, he is just always wrong. The only thing I wasn't happy with was how they left Sophia's story. She just came back, no closure that MCC got sued or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:35 pm 

Lolly also broke my heart. That last scene especially.

I don't know how I feel about Healey but I think I feel kind of bad for him because he seems like he genuinely wants to help but never gets it and he gets in his own way. And a lot of that made sense when we saw his back story with his mother.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:49 pm 
Nailed to the V

Biodancer wrote:
I kept yelling "why won't someone give her CPR?!" "Aren't you trained?!"

Me too!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:05 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I'm really conflicted about this season. It was brilliantly acted and it made me feel all of the feels but I can't honestly say that I enjoyed it. I basically sobbed the entire way through and it felt like there was some unnecessary torture just for shock value (e.g. the baby mouse thing that was never followed up). I understand why and I understand what the point of it all is but it felt... I dunno. Also it's so annoying to see yet another queer character find love and then bloody well die.

Anyone feel like they just need to get rid of Piper now? How long has she even been there now?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:35 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Yeah, I definitely felt like this season was all about "set up your favorite characters to actually be happy for once and then destroy them!" Not pleased. It doesn't feel like good or creative storytelling, it feels like cheap emotional manipulation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:33 am 
Flounceiad 2011

oliver wrote:
One thing that bothers me... how can the prison admin not realise a guard is missing? Wouldn't he be scheduled for shifts or something? If they thought he just wasn't showing up surely they'd need to go and get his badge/keys.
Mr. Shankly wrote:
I thought the part about the guard missing was totally believable because it was on the day they walked out and there has been so much chaos in the prison since then, so many new faces, Caputo has barely been around and the company that now owns Litchfield (can't remember the name right now) doesn't really seem to care about what's going on.
I've been away most of the past month and only just finished the season in the last few days. I also have many feelings and need some time to process a lot of stuff (the BLM/Eric Garner resonances, issues around mental illness, etc.), but when I was asking myself this same question, I wondered if we ever actually saw that dude being a guard? I'm too shiftless to go back and check, but it occurs to me that things seemed so lax and out of whack at Litchfield that an assassin with organized crime backing could easily procure a uniform and get inside long enough to kill someone and gtfo. As I say, I had a long hiatus between the body being discovered and the last few episodes so I may be totally wrong, but this was just a thought I had as to why no one missed that guy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next