| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Bronze (Let's Talk Buffy)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:12 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Oh, but I also still LOVE the musical episode. It's probably my favorite episode of the series!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

oh, but I really liked that episode. I don't know if thats what they were implying, but I liked seeing it from a different angle. I tend to forget while watching shows like buffy or angel that the majority of society would think you were crazy if you said that all the things that were happening were real.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:15 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in why I hate the episode. If they had just not put that last little scene with Buffy in the loony bin (which I still don't believe was the "true" Buffy reality), I wouldn't have hated it as much. It's like (and from the writer's commentary on the DVD, quite intentional) they were trying to say that all of Buffy's Sunnydale life could be just her delusion/hallucination even in the end. If they'd have left that implication out, I would agree with your seeing it as an interesting POV change.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:44 am 
Baking In The Flavor

"The only person I can even stand to be around is a neutered vampire who cheats at kitten poker!"
The whole Spike relationship development is totally making up for all the depressing-ness that was Season 5.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:15 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I watched a random move with SMG in it when I was off work sick. I can't remember what it was called but she was an editor who fell in love with Alec Baldwin. I like SMG.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:30 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Sarah-Jane wrote:
I watched a random move with SMG in it when I was off work sick. I can't remember what it was called but she was an editor who fell in love with Alec Baldwin. I like SMG.

I saw that! It was ... not my favoritest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm watching a movie called TiMER and Anya is in it! plus that lady who played that other vengeance daemon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:50 pm 

booberthefraggle wrote:
I'm watching a movie called TiMER and Anya is in it! plus that lady who played that other vengeance daemon.

TiMER was cute!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I loved that movie!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:56 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

KarynMC wrote:
Sarah-Jane wrote:

I saw that! It was ... not my favoritest.

Oh god, it was so bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:57 pm 

booberthefraggle wrote:
oh, but I really liked that episode. I don't know if thats what they were implying, but I liked seeing it from a different angle. I tend to forget while watching shows like buffy or angel that the majority of society would think you were crazy if you said that all the things that were happening were real.

I don't like Normal Again ... but I love it on Supernatural when the characters tell other people the truth to make them think they're crazy. It's just always funny.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm actually watching it as research for an independent study.
It's nice so far, but I'm only 15 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:33 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Sarah-Jane wrote:
I watched a random move with SMG in it when I was off work sick. I can't remember what it was called but she was an editor who fell in love with Alec Baldwin.

Oh Lard, that movie was so bad. Even by rom-com standards.

booberthefraggle wrote:

TiMER, on the other hand, was pretty adorable. Anyanka and Halfrek, together forever.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I just watched TiMER because of Anya's hilarity. Twas very cute.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:30 pm 

There's an auction of Whedon stuff to benefit the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary ...

http://shop.ebay.com/ausiellotvswag/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:11 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Last night I wanted to just watch a random Buffy episode, so I picked Lie to Me because I remembered it as kind of silly. When rewatching, I'm really struck by how even episodes that I didn't remember as being that great/important (doofy wannabe vampire cult!) just have so much great character development and are more intense and darker than I remember. Are there actually any throw-away episodes that are fun and silly but not important to plot/character development? I mean, yes, but really not that many. That's great.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:20 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Whovian wrote:
Oh, but I also still LOVE the musical episode. It's probably my favorite episode of the series!

That one and also the one where Willow screws up the spell and everyone loses their memories. I also liked the Buffy Bot. Or when Giles wakes up as a demon. Honestly I probably have 10 favorite episodes - at least.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:25 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

radish sandwich wrote:
Last night I wanted to just watch a random Buffy episode, so I picked Lie to Me because I remembered it as kind of silly. When rewatching, I'm really struck by how even episodes that I didn't remember as being that great/important (doofy wannabe vampire cult!) just have so much great character development and are more intense and darker than I remember. Are there actually any throw-away episodes that are fun and silly but not important to plot/character development? I mean, yes, but really not that many. That's great.

I was re-watching an Ep from season 1 and at the end Willow, Zander and Buffy were discussing what their worst case scenario relationships would be like and of course later all of it came true. It makes me wonder if everything was planned out from the beginning, or if Whedon looked back at the old episodes for inspiration? Supposedly Spike was a break out character, so the former option seems unlikely.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:28 pm 

Last night my friend and I watched Restless again. That ep was so cool, because the dreams were so dream-like. I've had some dreams just like those.

Also, we watched parts of Innocence. I have seen that ep more than any other ep, because I'm an evil bisque and I always laugh out loud during the scene with Buffy and Angel in his apartment. That might be my favorite Buffy scene ever. Aside from being funny... there's also the outfit Angel wears when he enters the scene...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:53 pm 

bastah wrote:
Last night my friend and I watched Restless again. That ep was so cool, because the dreams were so dream-like. I've had some dreams just like those.

Also, we watched parts of Innocence. I have seen that ep more than any other ep, because I'm an evil bisque and I always laugh out loud during the scene with Buffy and Angel in his apartment. That might be my favorite Buffy scene ever. Aside from being funny... there's also the outfit Angel wears when he enters the scene...

I noticed while re-watching Firefly that they use that desert in a lot of scenes, you know the "first-slayer" desert. I love Restless for the Cheese Man and Giles singing and yeah, the dreams are really dream-like.

I always found Innocence sad, poor Buffy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm 

peasandrice wrote:
radish sandwich wrote:

I was re-watching an Ep from season 1 and at the end Willow, Zander and Buffy were discussing what their worst case scenario relationships would be like and of course later all of it came true. It makes me wonder if everything was planned out from the beginning, or if Whedon looked back at the old episodes for inspiration? Supposedly Spike was a break out character, so the former option seems unlikely.

I often wonder if Joss knew what was going to happen in Buffy right from the beginning, too. Watching it back there are so many things, right from the beginning, that hint at what will happen in later seasons. Like in Doppelgangland vampire Willow (who I loved) is pointed out as being "kinda gay" and of course he knew about Dawn from pretty early on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:14 pm 

Sarah-Jane wrote:

I often wonder if Joss knew what was going to happen in Buffy right from the beginning, too. Watching it back there are so many things, right from the beginning, that hint at what will happen in later seasons. Like in Doppelgangland vampire Willow (who I loved) is pointed out as being "kinda gay" and of course he knew about Dawn from pretty early on.

Which reminds me that during Restless, Tara tells Buffy to "be back before dawn." I know someone else commented on that line. Although, that was the season 4 finale, so I'm sure they knew Dawn would be added 5th season. What other Dawn hints were there?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:30 pm 

I believe Faith says something about Dawn when she and Buffy are making a bed in Buffy's dream?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:31 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

KarynMC wrote:
I believe Faith says something about Dawn when she and Buffy are making a bed in Buffy's dream?

Yeah, she says something about "getting ready for little sister." It's not in Restless though. It's one of the earlier eps in S4.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:33 pm 

elouise wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

Yeah, she says something about "getting ready for little sister." It's not in Restless though. It's one of the earlier eps in S4.

I didn't say it was in Restless! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 40  Next