| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Bronze (Let's Talk Buffy)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:39 pm 
WRETCHED

Oh and even though most people here have seen all the episodes? I know we try to avoid spoilers.

I have to say I hated Tara and was glad what happened to her although felt bad for Willow.

Spike was my favorite and Crazy Drew was annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:43 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Interrobang, you can't fight these people! I love a certain character and I've just given up on professing that love already. Haha.

Your love for him confounds me! But you are still awesome.

linanil wrote:
Oh and even though most people here have seen all the episodes? I know we try to avoid spoilers.

I don't know, I think avoiding spoilers for a show that's been off the air for 7 years is kind of ridiculous. I know people are still getting into it, but come on now.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:45 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

If I avoided the other epic Buffy thread for the entire month it took me to watch all 7 seasons, everyone else can too!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:46 pm 
WRETCHED

amandabear wrote:
linanil wrote:

I don't know, I think avoiding spoilers for a show that's been off the air for 7 years is kind of ridiculous. I know people are still getting into it, but come on now.

That is true! So hopefully someone wouldn't get upset if we said something about what happens in the show. I personally don't mind spoilers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:00 pm 

Fee wrote:
If I avoided the other epic Buffy thread for the entire month it took me to watch all 7 seasons, everyone else can too!

Exactly! As far as I'm concerned, if it's aired, it's fair game, and I really don't think anyone can cry spoilers seven YEARS after a series ends. So I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:05 pm 
Mediocre Tart

amandabear wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:
Interrobang, you can't fight these people! I love a certain character and I've just given up on professing that love already. Haha.

Your love for him confounds me! But you are still awesome.

God. It's Jonathan, isn't it?

Also, I think there's a statute of limitations on spoilers. We're way beyond that now, no?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:15 pm 
Saggy Butt

Can I ask what's up with the hardcore Tara hatin'?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 pm 

lostgirl12 wrote:

None over here! I love Tara. She's so awkward.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:20 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I liked peeping in on the other Buffy thread while I was watching the whole series, to talk about stuff that was happening or gush over a particularly great episode, so I guess I appreciated when people said something before they talked about specific spoiler-y things. And then I could just try to not read those.

Of course, then I ended up compulsively reading spoilers anyways, so it didn't matter.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:30 pm 

interrobang?! wrote:

I did think Jonathan was funny, but I'm talking about Riley. I thought he was definitely Buffy's best lover, seeing as how he didn't try killing her friends or family at any point. Also, I think Marc Blucas is hot. He was vanilla and there wasn't nearly as much passion as with Angel, but I think he was the best for her as far as stable relationships go.

About spoiling: if it's aired, it's not spoiling! (This does not include comics).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:40 pm 
Mediocre Tart

amandabear wrote:
lostgirl12 wrote:

None over here! I love Tara. She's so awkward.

To be honest, I only really disliked her because I cannot watch that duet with Willow in Once More With Feeling. It makes me cringe to my boots.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:43 pm 

interrobang?! wrote:
To be honest, I only really disliked her because I cannot watch that duet with Willow in Once More With Feeling. It makes me cringe to my boots.

Okay, I will totally give you that. The outfits in OMWF are so awful and the whole dancing by a lake at Ren Faire vibe is a total "what the fork?" moment.

Last edited by amandabear on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:58 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

amandabear wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

Okay, I will totally give you that. They outfits in OMWF are so awful and the whole dancing by a lake at Ren Faire vibe is a total "what the fork?" moment.

Agreed, it was a rather painful moment in a completely amazing episode. You know something sad? I have all the seasons on DVD and I'm missing one disc. It's the one with Once More With Feeling. I cry.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:06 pm 
Mediocre Tart

amandabear wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

Okay, I will totally give you that. They outfits in OMWF are so awful and the whole dancing by a lake at Ren Faire vibe is a total "what the fork?" moment.

And the screechy high-pitched singing! Eeeee. I laughed when I watched the commentary and Joss said how awesome a singer Amber was irl. Really? Really really? I mean... no. I did not like.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:38 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

mixmaster_mo wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

I did think Jonathan was funny, but I'm talking about Riley. I thought he was definitely Buffy's best lover, seeing as how he didn't try killing her friends or family at any point. Also, I think Marc Blucas is hot. He was vanilla and there wasn't nearly as much passion as with Angel, but I think he was the best for her as far as stable relationships go.

Mo, it looks like you and I still stand alone in our love of Riley. When I posted it on the old boards I thought heads were going to explode.

However, I join the ranks in the hatred of Kennedy. I wish that character had never been born.

I don't think I could pick a favorite character but that's okay because I have enough love to go around.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:44 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

mixmaster_mo wrote:
About spoiling: if it's aired, it's not spoiling! (This does not include comics).

Word. The televised series is fair game, but please refrain from spoilers regarding the comic, especially recent storylines. Pretty please.

Re: Tara, I thought she was profoundly irritating in season 4, but by season 6 I had grown to really like her. She became such a strong, solid character, and such a stable force in Willow's life. I'm not a fan of Amber Benson's, though. Just Tara.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:08 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Guys, Tara essentially tells Spike to ice his dick. SHE IS FULL OF WIN.

And stop picking on Dru! Dru rocks!

ON PAPER, Riley is just fine. I liked Jane Espenson's Riley comic. Mark Blucas makes me want to stab puppies. I can't even say it's the hair, because Jared P of SPN has some of the worst hair seen on television, and I still love his character. Riley's insecurities about Buffy being stronger than him were really annoying. Xander had a little of that back in high school, but he was way more accepting about living around all these women with superpowers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:17 pm 
Mediocre Tart

You can listen to Dru speak without wanting to die a thousand deaths? That fake British accent makes my sphincter implode!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:21 pm 

KarynMC wrote:
ON PAPER, Riley is just fine. I liked Jane Espenson's Riley comic. Mark Blucas makes me want to stab puppies. I can't even say it's the hair, because Jared P of SPN has some of the worst hair seen on television, and I still love his character. Riley's insecurities about Buffy being stronger than him were really annoying. Xander had a little of that back in high school, but he was way more accepting about living around all these women with superpowers.

Yep, this. And so true on the hair thing. I love Sammy but goddamn that hair is awful. It was Riley's whole insecurity thing that bugged me the most.

I didn't even read that comic, though; the thought of spending actual money on something about Riley makes my forehead go veiny.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:28 pm 

interrobang?! wrote:
You can listen to Dru speak without wanting to die a thousand deaths? That fake British accent makes my sphincter implode!

Apparently? It's not like her accent is her only character trait. C'mon! She's so creepy! And Spike's awesome/creepy when he's taking care of her in S2! She is just completely insane and badass. Also, hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 pm 

I'm trying to think of characters I genuinely hate. I think Glory is the only one. From the acting to the storylines to everything about Clare Kramer. I've been annoyed by certain characters but never passionately so. I liked Tara from the beginning! Xander annoyed me often, but I do love him so!

But I think I need to watch the show again so I can be sure there's not a hatred that runs so deep I've forgotten it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:32 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but my disdain for Riley can be attributed almost entirely to Blucas. Who knows how I would feel about the character if he had been portrayed by a decent actor.

And I don't get the Dru hate either. Homegirl is so deliciously insane.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:34 pm 

amandabear wrote:
KarynMC wrote:

Yep, this. And so true on the hair thing. I love Sammy but goddamn that hair is awful. It was Riley's whole insecurity thing that bugged me the most.

I didn't even read that comic, though; the thought of spending actual money on something about Riley makes my forehead go veiny.

The art was pretty terrible (I don't know if that's supposed to be Angel or a frog), but Jane writes fun dialogue and it made me enjoy Riley and Sam as a couple.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

KarynMC wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

Apparently? It's not like her accent is her only character trait. C'mon! She's so creepy! And Spike's awesome/creepy when he's taking care of her in S2! She is just completely insane and badass. Also, hilarious.

Nooo I love Dru! Her craziness makes smile so much! Maybe I'm just distracted by her sexy evil thing but I never picked up the bad accent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:39 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Biodancer wrote:
Mo, it looks like you and I still stand alone in our love of Riley. When I posted it on the old boards I thought heads were going to explode.

I don't think I ever hated Riley, and I actually came to like him upon repeated viewings. He's not the most exciting, but I do think he was the best boyfriend for Buffy, in that he was stable and consistently treated her well.

(Off topic, but it's kind of like Piz on Veronica Mars. I just finished re-watching season 3, and it reminded me that I've always thought that Piz was a really good, drama-free match for Veronica. But I know the major relationship support was mostly for her and Logan. (Hey, I just had this weird epiphany that Duncan = Angel and Logan = Spike. Right? Okay, I'm weird.))

Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next