| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 'In the Flesh' (BBC)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:06 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

'In the Flesh' website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00szzcm

Is anyone else watching this? I just saw the first episode last night and thought it was shaping up to be a really interesting show.

"Your mother was a superstitious hamster, and your father smelled of elderberry (right before he died of an untreated infection). Now go away, before we taunt you with your credulous magical thinking a second time!" - Desdemona

Post subject: Re: 'In the Flesh' (BBC)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:44 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I've got it waiting on Sky+ but haven't watched it yet. The reviews made it sound quite interesting, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:51 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I wanna see this!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Anyone else watched this through? I honestly thought this just got better and better throughout the whole first series!

"Your mother was a superstitious hamster, and your father smelled of elderberry (right before he died of an untreated infection). Now go away, before we taunt you with your credulous magical thinking a second time!" - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I really enjoyed it and found it a little bit heartbreaking too. Do you know if they plan on making a second series?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:29 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Sarah-Jane wrote:
I really enjoyed it and found it a little bit heartbreaking too. Do you know if they plan on making a second series?

I cried so much at the end of the series!

No idea if they'll make another, but they really should! There were so many threads left open-ended, like:

Spoiler: show
Why did The Rising happen? What happens to Amy? Who is the Undead Prophet? What's up with the crazy drug thing from the first episode?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

Imogen wrote:
Sarah-Jane wrote:

I cried so much at the end of the series!

No idea if they'll make another, but they really should! There were so many threads left open-ended, like:

Why did The Rising happen? What happens to Amy? Who is the Undead Prophet? What's up with the crazy drug thing from the first episode?

The Undead Prophet will probably be a big part of season 2, if they make it. It really intrigued me! I want to know more!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:28 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Just finished watching the series 2 finale and I loved it even better than the first series! I was really impressed at the way they integrated queer and disability rights narratives into the storyline even more than last time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:45 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm sorry I created a second thread. I think I must have done something wrong while searching for it.

Anyway, I love this show. I hate that it's another year until season 3. And the seasons are so short...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:09 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I'm sorry I created a second thread. I think I must have done something wrong while searching for it.

No worries, I'm just happy there's someone else to talk about the show with! It's so awesome.

VeganinBerlin wrote:
Anyway, I love this show. I hate that it's another year until season 3. And the seasons are so short...

Totally with you! At least this series was 6 episodes rather than the first series' 3 episodes. I love how complex and mysterious it is! All this stuff about a Second Rising and the importance of the First Risen has me completely hooked. And what's going to happen to Amy now?!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:42 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Do you think Amy is dead for good? Or will she rise again with the second rising?

I really want to buy the imported DVDs and give them to my boyfriend, so I can rewatch this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:36 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I totally think she's rising again already; the stuffed toy falling over and the people waiting in the car to take her body away has got to have some deeper meaning.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh right, I forgot they dug her up. The first season I was only invested in the character development but now I'm also really curious what the zombie rising and the second rising means/what is going to happen.

I don't like Simon, I think. I mean, he did intend to kill Kieran when he started running towards him, didn't he? The religion thing is also really sketchy..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:03 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Just heard that the new series is being cancelled :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30854846