| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What scary movies are you watching this October?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:41 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I tried to watch The Witch last night. I kept waiting for a scary part. It was awful.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:43 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Shy Mox wrote:

The Innocents, The Haunting (1963), Rebecca, The Orphanage (mild gore, only two scenes), and The Uninvited are all good. The Woman In Black was ooookay.

Also, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night is a great not scary vampire film.

Thank you, Shy Mox :)

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

we watched that new VVitch movie (the one with the W spelled out of 2 Vs) and it was gooooood. super creepy and for me, very suspenseful! Don't Breathe was great as well. i too wanna watch Event Horizon and i'd love to revisit Blair Witch Project - only saw it once in the theatre many moons ago and it scared the hell outta me. i'm thinking Beetlejuice needs to happen and i dunno...maybe the Conjuring 2 and there was something else i wanted to see but i can't remember...i'm gonna go check rottentomatoes and see if i can remember!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:00 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

We watched the boy yesterday which I liked a lot but the end was disappointing. We also watched the newer And Then We're None, which was great! Thanks for the rec!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:18 am 
BAD PASS

happyfaced wrote:
we watched that new VVitch movie (the one with the W spelled out of 2 Vs) and it was gooooood. super creepy and for me, very suspenseful! Don't Breathe was great as well. i too wanna watch Event Horizon and i'd love to revisit Blair Witch Project - only saw it once in the theatre many moons ago and it scared the hell outta me. i'm thinking Beetlejuice needs to happen and i dunno...maybe the Conjuring 2 and there was something else i wanted to see but i can't remember...i'm gonna go check rottentomatoes and see if i can remember!

I re-watched Blair Witch Project again recently and just found myself super annoyed at how much they argued. It's confounding to me that whoever wrote the script took that much time to write these big arguments (though I guess they could have been improv-ed) when the main focus of the movie was supposed to be that they were being stalked by something terrifying. Less talk, more scary!