| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:18 am 
Nooch of Earl

My DVR recorded it automatically, so I ended up watching it... That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

annak wrote:
My DVR recorded it automatically, so I ended up watching it... That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

i liked the reunion show, but i'm addicted to PR and even watch all-stars even though all stars is not nearly put together or edited as well as the PR. i'm ready for the next season!

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i hope no more teams come up...

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

missmuffcake wrote:
i hope no more teams come up...

agreed, that was a bad theme and i don't think it really worked out.....

i personally found it way more interesting when the judges assigned 2 designers to work with each other based on strengths/weaknesses and what they hoped the creative team energy yield. that is the only part of the "team" challenge aspect i liked

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tim Gunn: Official Page:

"And to those who didn't like the Season 11 twist: rest assured, no more teams! #ProjectRunway"

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:59 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

yes!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

yay!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:16 am 
Level 7 Vegan

SO glad!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I didn't mind the teams too much. At least we got a real winner this time and not another Gretchen or Anya. They both may have their particular talents, but neither one is anywhere near a Jay McCarroll, Christian Siriano, or Mondo. Michelle has talent, vision, and craftsmanship.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:57 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

lavawitch wrote:
I didn't mind the teams too much. At least we got a real winner this time and not another Gretchen or Anya. They both may have their particular talents, but neither one is anywhere near a Jay McCarroll, Christian Siriano, or Mondo. Michelle has talent, vision, and craftsmanship.

100% agreed! I didn't like the teams, because certain people stayed in longer than they should have <coughRICHARDcough>, but the right person definitely won.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:48 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I watched the finale with my sister who hadn't seen any of the other shows. It was funny, because she hated Michelle's stuff and thought it all looked the same and kind of heavy, overly quilted, fug, and unwearable, and thought that Patricia's collection was much more wearable, unique, and interesting!! Trying to see it with fresh eyes (independent of their other work all season) I could see that, a bit. I have to say that when the runway show came together I liked Patricia's work more than I expected. I wouldn't wear the Truffula wig, but some of the stuff--sure. If only she'd ditch all the gross animal products, but they're all guilty.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:39 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

next season starts tomorrow! i'll be watching in the next day on lifetime since we don't have tv subscription! am excited! i ♥ project runway!

i watched most of the videos that gave tours of the designers homes & closets and a few of the desigers i really like and look forward to seeing what they do.

i thought dom, the philly girl, was really cute.
i look forward to seeing what angela does. i liked her personality and style POV.
kahindo should be interesting to watch too!
i think karen was someone i liked as well.
miranda, she was the one who designed cut out dresses to show off chest tattoos right? she'll be interesting to watch.

i know there were a couple of the guys i liked too, but i can't recall their names right now.

right off the bat in her videos, alexandria struck me as a stuck up snob. i do not like her already. she's either in mega debt or incredibly wealthy, but either way, she came across as conceited and i don't like that, it has nothing to do with her possible wealth or success.

sandro concerns me. he reminded me of that other guy, his name escapes me, but he was buddies with gretchen on her season. i think his $1000 pants got cut to pieces on the first episode.
was alexander the crazy eyebrows guy? he made me think of drama & joshua.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:25 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

thank you for the reminder!!!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:02 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Yes, I totally forgot about this!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:04 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

My DVR was already set, hurray!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:18 am 
Nooch of Earl

Wait, already? Feh. I was enjoying having a break from my DVR! Do they do two seasons a year or something? It seems like it just ended.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:17 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

annak wrote:
Wait, already? Feh. I was enjoying having a break from my DVR! Do they do two seasons a year or something? It seems like it just ended.

it just does seem like the previous season just ended, and just when i start to go through PR withdrawl, they start a new season, yay! wonder if they will do another all start season before 2013 ends or if that would be too soon?

very interested to see how this season goes since they are not doing teams (according to what someone mentioned in this thread from tim's blog or twitter) hope it's just same ol' same ol' with some fun twists of course. i really like the unconventional challenges, do not like the men's wear challenges at all -- mostly cuz it ends up being a hot mess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:58 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I hope they came up with some (good) new ideas for challenges! It's been so predictable lately (although yes, I always love the unconventional ones).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:24 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I skipped last season but may be tempted to watch again. TV Guide says that Tim Gunn will play a larger role. He will appear at each Runway show and give his opinion and will have the ability to save one eliminated contestant. I love Tim Gunn!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:57 pm 

Yay more Tim!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:58 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

kittylover wrote:
I skipped last season but may be tempted to watch again. TV Guide says that Tim Gunn will play a larger role. He will appear at each Runway show and give his opinion and will have the ability to save one eliminated contestant. I love Tim Gunn!

Tim Gunn is pretty awesome and I'm glad to hear that he will be playing a larger role this year :) Regarding his ability to save one eliminated contestant, is that just one lucky contestant for the entire season? THAT certainly will be interesting to see! We don't have tv so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it on lifetime.com and THEN check back on this thread to get everyone's opinions on the first episode!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:26 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

]

Tim Gunn is pretty awesome and I'm glad to hear that he will be playing a larger role this year :) Regarding his ability to save one eliminated contestant, is that just one lucky contestant for the entire season? THAT certainly will be interesting to see! We don't have tv so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it on lifetime.com and THEN check back on this thread to get everyone's opinions on the first episode![/quote]

I'm not sure,but that was the impression I got.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:29 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Oh my gosh, Lifetime has THE WORST video player! I have no cable so I have to watch online, and it was plain torturous. The picture kept pixellating, and the video would freeze for 2-3 seconds while the audio continued, and it was SO. FRUSTRATING. to try to watch a runway show that way. I don't need a 3 second still of Zac Posen's face, I want to actually see the garment he's reacting to.

Anyhoo... Unicorn guy is ridiculous, which means they'll keep him around for a while. Vagina Drops? Wow. Neck tat is just way too "I'm a bisque!" to be taken seriously. I loved the winning look, though, and thought it was a pretty interesting first challenge.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:45 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Sounds like a bandwith issue. I watch Drop Dead Diva using the online player, streaming to my TV and the quality is always great. I bet it will be ok at a less popular time; loads of people were probably swarming it since it was the first episode.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:42 pm 

I had the same problem with the video, ugh!

Bradon's dress was gorgeous! The prizes this year are amazing! And I like that the judges get to look at the garment construction up close.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 29  Next