| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:39 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

How were the judges not talking about the vagina drops!? I feel like they usually hate people who expose too much skin, and I think this was a new low for that.

Anyway, this seems like it could be a good season. Enough new elements, and enough crazy and talent to keep it interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thessaly wrote:
How were the judges not talking about the vagina drops!? I feel like they usually hate people who expose too much skin, and I think this was a new low for that.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too! The little black box Lifetime had to add to her crotch cracked me up though. I'm not sure why. Because I'm immature. I felt bad for the model, standing there on the runway with her hands in front of her crotch to cover herself up.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

zelavie wrote:
Oh my gosh, Lifetime has THE WORST video player! I have no cable so I have to watch online, and it was plain torturous. The picture kept pixellating, and the video would freeze for 2-3 seconds while the audio continued, and it was SO. FRUSTRATING. to try to watch a runway show that way. I don't need a 3 second still of Zac Posen's face, I want to actually see the garment he's reacting to.

Anyhoo... Unicorn guy is ridiculous, which means they'll keep him around for a while. Vagina Drops? Wow. Neck tat is just way too "I'm a bisque!" to be taken seriously. I loved the winning look, though, and thought it was a pretty interesting first challenge.

really i don't have tv either (and knock on wood) have no trouble watching things on lifetime or hulu. it might be your internet provider.

unicorn guy should have went home.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i loved the first show. i thought the editing and show were fantastic. the first runway show was really good too.

liked that the judges got to inspect the garment for construction details too.

hilarious about the peek-a-boo shorts, i did feel really bad for the model, but that designer toltally reminded me of that other designer who also did something quite inappropriate and had questionable taste levels (according to nina). i was totally right that current designer reminded me of past designer.

am indifferent that kate came back. she's wasn't my fave, but good for her for getting a second try.

i am so bummed to see that cute little pixie designer go, i really did like her videos on lifetime regarding her home & closet.

edited to add: i feel so bad for the model paired up with the crazy unicorn guy. i seriously wonder how much crazy time was devoted to that crazy walk. there is definitely a time and place for a runway walk like that, but not on project runway! bravo to that model for not slapping him silly cuz he's crazy!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:00 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yes, Unicorn guy can go: pretentious and irritating. I love that he was called on wearing those silly glitter shoes (not very organic/sustainable looking!) while his model was barefoot and on burning synthetic fabric. It is pretty self-centered to treat the model like that when she is trying to help her career and going down the runway completely without hair and makeup probably won't help. He should have at least gone with no makeup makeup.

Sue should have won.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We got rid of cable and are downloading now and couldn't find the part where they introduce all the designers, just the first episode. Bummer! And PR on Facebook posted who went home, like a day or two after the episode aired. I guess I need to hide them from my feed if I'm not watching immediately. Jerks!

Anyway, husband and I were debating whether Taylor was trolling everyone. He just seems too ridiculous to be for real.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

creep wrote:
We got rid of cable and are downloading now and couldn't find the part where they introduce all the designers, just the first episode. Bummer! And PR on Facebook posted who went home, like a day or two after the episode aired. I guess I need to hide them from my feed if I'm not watching immediately. Jerks!

Anyway, husband and I were debating whether Taylor was trolling everyone. He just seems too ridiculous to be for real.

it's all still there..... look underneath the main viewing screen and scroll through..... tons of little short vidoes on home & closet visits for all designers.....
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:57 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

bookwormbethie wrote:
creep wrote:

it's all still there..... look underneath the main viewing screen and scroll through..... tons of little short vidoes on home & closet visits for all designers.....
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway

Yeah, we were downloading (illegally) to stream to our TV. It's crappy trying to gather around the computer, but maybe I'll go ahead and watch them on my own.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Aaaand, apparently full episodes are only available now if you log in with your TV provider. Shitty.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:43 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

creep wrote:
Aaaand, apparently full episodes are only available now if you log in with your TV provider. Shitty.

Somehow I got around this for last weeks new episode. I think I prefer to be a scumbag and download to watch on my tv anyway though...

I liked this challenge and didn't envy them for having to work with that fabric at all. I be capable of remembering anyone's name for a few weeks so I can't even say who or what I liked/didn't like. Unicorn guy is definitely full of himself, and I kind of want him to stick around out of morbid fascination.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:52 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

The eco fashion dude is just not my cup of tea...I wanted him to go...

I like some of the styles of what I saw, more so their personal fashion choices than what they are creating at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

creep wrote:

that can't be quite right... we have hulu for free and the last episode is in my queue for viewing but since there's a few days delay with hulu, so i always watch it directly on lifetime on fridays. try again, or at the very least, sign up for hulu cuz it's free!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:00 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Even this season? I haven't tried PR, but I had to log in to Xfinity to watch Drop Dead Diva. That is something new since last season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

bookwormbethie wrote:
creep wrote:

that can't be quite right... we have hulu for free and the last episode is in my queue for viewing but since there's a few days delay with hulu, so i always watch it directly on lifetime on fridays. try again, or at the very least, sign up for hulu cuz it's free!

We actually had the subscription version of Hulu and canceled because all the shows we were watching on there went off for the season. I didn't think any Lifetime shows were available on Hulu, but I'll totally subscribe again for PR. It's available the next day if you're a subscriber.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Aaaand, apparently the shows that are available for free online are different from the shows you can stream to your TV if you subscribe. I guess we'll just keep downloading.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i don't have the paid subscription of hulu nor do we have a cable tv subscription, we just have internet. and we have the free hulu account so we don't watch any of the h+ stuff cuz it costs money. it seems so strange (and frustrating!) that you are having trouble accesing PR on the computer. free hulu does have PR. and you can watch PR directly from the lifetime website.

ah but you are talking about streaming to your tv, so that must be the trickiness. our tv is so big and old and boxy that we just use it to watch movies. it's not even compatible with those computer/tv streaming things, and i don't even really know what those are!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

why oh why is crazy unicorn guy still on the show?
i also thought alexandria (?) looked way too gleeful and smug when helen was having her break-down & her outfit when down the runway. and when she asked unicorn guy if he thought he was going to go home.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:57 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Helen should have gone home - that dress was awful!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:25 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

lobsteriffic wrote:
Helen should have gone home - that dress was awful!

indeed but she has that cool peacock/skulls tattoo.

i want timothy gone. man.

also, the person who made the long black dress and styled their model to have that long dark hair that was gelled back on the sides - she totally looked . . . inappropriate somehow.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:30 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

timothy is just ick.

what happened to bad-ass helen?

that green-white dress looked like a vintage table cloth or sheet...

winning dress looked frumpy in the boobs...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:00 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

appifanie wrote:
lobsteriffic wrote:

also, the person who made the long black dress and styled their model to have that long dark hair that was gelled back on the sides - she totally looked . . . inappropriate somehow.

Yes! She looked like someone on one of those rich terrible housewife shows. It was just really unflattering and tasteless, which is a feat when you're not even showing that much skin.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:52 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

creep wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:
creep wrote:

We actually had the subscription version of Hulu and canceled because all the shows we were watching on there went off for the season. I didn't think any Lifetime shows were available on Hulu, but I'll totally subscribe again for PR. It's available the next day if you're a subscriber.

I'm not sure what this is about. I was also able to watch the first two episodes of this season on my laptop from mylifetime.com without having to log into anything, and they appear to work on the lifetime app on my iPad as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:08 pm 
Nooch of Earl

OK evidently I have off the rack tastes because the losing design was one of the better ones, I thought.

Did not like:
- Timothy's blue velvet horror - are they just keeping him around as a segue to talk about how greenwashed all their sponsors are?
- Sue's ruched black dress...there was just something about the ruching on the crotch that I thought they'd call out
- Miranda's blue midriff-baring dress - basically Sandro's minus any visual interest whatsoever
- Ken's teal ill-fitting snoozefest
- Kate's Marie "one flat boob" Antoinette - fix the left boob and it would be a nice dress, though, though I can't imagine what you'd wear it to
- Karen's blue "I can't believe I had a fitting session" sack
- Helen's...thing. I just can't see why she didn't go home. What did they like about it? Even if it had been perfectly executed those were still ugly colors and an awful design.

OK:
- Justin's black gown
- Sandro's peekaboo thigh thing.. the art deco influence was cool but I just can't imagine a realistic occasion for wearing something with a bare midriff like that
- Dom's green and white beach thing. Not very flattering, but it was fine.
- Alexandria's navy gown. Inoffensive, but kinda boring.

Really liked:
- Kahindo's greenish cocktail dress
- Jeremy's black dress with the ombre effect bottom
- Bradon's bling gown - was this the upholstery fabric one? Hot.
- Alexander's yellow sided sheer gown - not something I would ever wear myself, but really creative

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:48 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I thought Sandro's nude/black lace thing was pretty horrible, it looked well made - but definitely not classy or fashion forward. I was excited about it when he started talking about what he was going to make until he said "black lace" blech. Maybe I would have liked it better if it was more tone on tone and less contrast-y.

I wish Alexander (thanks, Annak for writing out everyone's name - I would have never remembered) had made it into the top, I thought his dress was one of the more interesting and original ones that walked.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Sandro is like tacky Versace, if that weren't already an oxymoron. (I like Versace, but the atelier is able to create art that manages to transcend just being tacky. Mere mortals can't do that.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next