| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:09 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I had no idea it started already! Watching it online now! I was kind of bummed out today, so this is just the thing!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:20 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

appifanie wrote:
Oh! I didn't know it was starting but I have PR set to auto-record and I said "oh what is the DVR recording?" and then I was happy. I only watched the 1st hour cause the kid wanted to see it too.

I like Dmitry and Elena and Fabio's awesome voice and Kooan and Ven and Sonjia and Nathan. Ven's red pieces were pretty spectacular.

I really liked Dmitry and Elena as well. And Kooan. I'm not feeling Ven's designs at all though.
Gunnar I want to hate, but I can't (yet).

and lol at Kooan's Q&A on the website.
"How would you dress Michelle Obama?
A Outfit that's covered by Obama beads."

What does this even mean!?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:26 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I like this season already! I even heard Bauhaus mentioned!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:09 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I hope they start focusing less on Gunnar or that he gets eliminated soon. Seriously, he's just putting on an act and not even doing it well. 'Oh, I'm throwing a fit heehee'.

Christopher seems like a nice guy, Fabio too. I think Ven is very skilled but his work looks too classic (I'm lacking a better word...) I think.

I like Elena's stuff but from the season preview it looks like she's going to be bringing the crazy. I liked the girl with the dread's work too. The older woman is going to be eliminated soon if she keeps doing that wide bubbly bottom schtick. I don't like the other woman that was in the bottom two either, her second dress made the model look awful.

Buffi is the new Kenley (LOUD).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:58 pm 
Chip Strong

I really want to watch this season, but I have no idea when/where is will be shown here in Canada. I did a search on my PVR and nothing came up. Boooo!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Hey, whiny girl with the glue gun burn? Been there, done that. It's not that bad - suck it up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:19 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

zelavie wrote:
Hey, whiny girl with the glue gun burn? Been there, done that. It's not that bad - suck it up.

I said the same thing, but my husband says the glue guns they were using get a lot hotter than the ones home users have.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:17 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

good riddance, that lady was the worst! No excuses!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:31 am 

mollyjade wrote:
I said the same thing, but my husband says the glue guns they were using get a lot hotter than the ones home users have.

Ya - those are hard core glue guns - more industrial than craft. Glue gun glue forking hurts, I have a burn scar on my leg...

I thought that candy dot 'apron' had to go - it was horrible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:52 am 
Married to the wolfman

The dot apron was gruesome. It was horrible from the back and then THE BUSTLE WHAT THE HELL. It also had a very similar shape to one of her two looks from last week, both of which I hated.

I didn't think Buffi's was that bad aside from the super over accessorizing. Elena's pasta dress did make me really sad.

Didn't like Ven's at all. So. forking. boring. Sonjia's was my favorite and I was bummed it didn't win.

I want Kooan to stay forever just because he is so bizarre.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:04 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I know the top fitted weird, but at least Buffi did something else than just glue candy on muslin. I'm happy she didn't get eliminated.

Sonjia's was my favourite too, but the bottom part had too many elements going on.

The melt cotton candy made me laugh!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:17 pm 
Crazy bat lady

missmuffcake wrote:

Ya - those are hard core glue guns - more industrial than craft. Glue gun glue forking hurts, I have a burn scar on my leg...

So there really was no excuse for all the candy falling off. I was wondering about that.

missmuffcake wrote:
I thought that candy dot 'apron' had to go - it was horrible.

I watched this with Ryan & we both thought she was out for sure--there was absolutely no shape to it. It looked like she'd put colored dot stickers on a pup tent.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:10 pm 
Inflexitarian

fisticuffs wrote:
I hope they start focusing less on Gunnar or that he gets eliminated soon. Seriously, he's just putting on an act and not even doing it well. 'Oh, I'm throwing a fit heehee'.

regardless of talent, the loud jerky types stay for the ratings so expect to see gunnar hamming it up for the cameras.

buffi needs to go.
her designs are ok but her fabric choices are for a punky 16yr old.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:57 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

mollyjade wrote:
zelavie wrote:

Okay, I didn't realize there were super-strength glue guns. Whining is (mostly) excused.

I think Ven deserved the win, because that really was a beautiful dress, but Sonjia's was SO much more fun, and a really close second. Gunnar shouldn't have been in the top 3.

Likewise, Buffi shouldn't have been in the bottom - hers was by no means good, but it was absolutely not worse than the apron. That thing was straight hideous.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:39 pm 

I like Buffi - I get her - I am a hugggeeeeee Betsey Johnson fan though so there you go. I totally saw Carrie Bradshaw in her look...

I liked Ven's dress but Ven's model is way to skinny. Hey - I get it models = thin, I am not trying to body bash. I just think that when you can see someone's bones in such a sever way it is not good.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project ... de-2#id=15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:02 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm ambivalent on Buffi. The thing is, Betsey Johnson has already been done. I haven't seen Buffi add anything yet.

Some women have very prominent collar bones. I'd have to gain 50+lbs to lose my sharp collar bone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm 

lavawitch wrote:
I'm ambivalent on Buffi. The thing is, Betsey Johnson has already been done. I haven't seen Buffi add anything yet.

Some women have very prominent collar bones. I'd have to gain 50+lbs to lose my sharp collar bone.

Quote:
Everything has been done before. Fashion, styles and trends are just a regurgitation of the past. I rather see non-traditional stuff (Buffi, Koon spelling?) that may shock the general public than another 'pretty' designer that wins like in season 9. Fashion should have edge - maybe Buffi is a lil out there but god forbid if another boring asparagus resort designer wins again...

But all her bones are prominent on her. The shoes she is wearing look like the weigh more than her. I really find it sad. Again I am not trying to body hate but there needs to be some changes in the modeling world.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:13 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Im not seeing the edge in Buffi's work so far. Actually, it isn't edge that I find lacking, but depth. Early days yet; maybe she will surprise.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:08 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I don't think those are extra strength industrial glue guns. They look IDENTICAL to the one that I have, and I've dripped glue on myself from it. I cursed a lot and cried a little, but it wasn't THAT bad. I had to run to the bathroom and run some cold water on it and the burn was tender and painful for a few days afterward, but seriously. I was able to keep going, and I'm just a hobbyist.

Kooan's clothes do little to nothing for me, but I just love him so much. He's hilarious!

I loved Dmitry's dress and thought it should've gotten more recognition in this challenge.

Ven is talented, but nothing super remarkable. I find him kind of smug.

I really like Buffi and want her to stick around too! I don't know that I'd wear any of her clothing, but I like how distinctive she is.

I love the girl with dreads, and I feel really badly that I still don't know her name. I keep looking somewhere else when it comes on the screen.

I like Sanjia, and also her hair!

I am tentatively excited for this season. I'm not in love with anyone yet, but so far it's going well.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:44 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I love the two guys who hate each other because they look so much alike other than the blonde patch that one dude has. Familiarity breeds contempt!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:25 am 
Married to the wolfman

Ugh ugh ugh ugh. Ven's dress this time was SO INSANELY BORING. Hey look, it's Kenley in a Kenley dress minus the prints! Puke.

It was beautifully made, but it didn't fit the situation at all and SO BORING.

I didn't like Kooan and Gunnar's that much either though. The only one I really liked was Sonjie's.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:36 am 
Inflexitarian

so much what the fizzle in this episode...

*this is a spoiler thread so major spoilers below, you have been warned*

product placement is part of pr's history but the lexus mini commercial with the designers was just too much.

the contestants and i were just as confused when the judges picked the best dresses as "safe".

high marks for ven/fabio and gunnar/kooan? really?!
if i had to pick one, ven/fabio was the best of the two. ven clearly was the winner with the design aspect but why judges are so hellbent on kissing up to ven is unknown. same goes with gunnar, his designs aren't on par with ven or the other designers.
bless kenley and her obnoxious voice.

as for chris/andrea debacle, fork chris and his passive aggressive ways.
what he said about andrea was true but the delivery of it on the runway was the worst. if you have a problem with someone, you pull them aside and address it head-on and not throw them under bus after the fact.
if andrea left, i understand why. what he did to her on the runway was demeaning.

they might bring back raoul.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:57 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I'm actually really hating Andrea! She's not taking this shiitake seriously and I can see how that would be incredibly offensive to the other designers who have more on the line. If she leaves then good riddance I say.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:41 am 
Married to the wolfman

I think Chris is a bit over the top but I thought Andrea surprisingly got really catty and mean in front of the judges. Their dress didn't look that bad to me but part of it could be that Anya looks good in pretty much anything.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:38 am 

I think Chis was just frustrated. I really wanted to punch Andrea when she lied to the judges and at other parts of the show.

I think the white dress was boring - like Macy's bridal 50% odd boring. Then Ven's dress while it was nicely made looked more retro tea party or retro photo shoot not red carpet, especially the color was a downer.

I forgot who made the gold dress - but it should have been up in the winners, it was sparkly, nicely cut and red carpet pretty...

I called my mom last night after I watched it - she said she thinks the show is rigged! After last night & last seasons winner I think she could be right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next