| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I agree that the best dresses were sent off as safe. That silver thing that April was wearing was pretty rad. What the fork? Boring shiitake asparagus winners.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:35 pm 
Inflexitarian

andrea misspoke when she said she wanted to go home.
when overwhelmed and flusterd you say dumb shiitake you don't really mean. that's why it was said in the waiting room, a "safe" place, and not on the runway.
she said in the designer intro that she lost her business, life savings and if i remember correctly, went bankrupt. to bounce back from that is difficult and even more so at her stage in life.

chris took what she said, at face value, and ran with it like a jerk.

chris delivery and him saying "i don't want to point fingers" but then 2 seconds later point fingers was what did it for me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:39 am 
Bathes in Braggs

When they announced that Gunnar's dress was in the top, all I could think was "well, I guess he's this year's Anya". It's not that he isn't talented, but that was by NO means a top two dress - same as last week. They're kissing his asparagus to get the drama, and once again Bunim/Murray are putting ratings over talent in a show that USED TO BE all about the talent. Thanks, guys, for continuing to kill my favorite show.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:45 am 
Married to the wolfman

I dunno. Their interest in Gunnar could be legit. I did love his candy dress and think it was top 3 (though not number one) in that challenge.

Not convinced that the judges are being insincere at all. The white dress wasn't bad, just boring. Aside from Sonjie's (the gold one), there wasn't one I thought looked better than the 2 the judges picked. (Personally, I hated the silver princess Leia dress they made for April, and Buffy and Elena's thing wasn't great either.) Overall I just think this was a pretty weak challenge-- the pairings by and large didn't work out.

Sometimes the judges just really like shiitake that's atrocious. Did anyone else notice the snakeskin sweatsuit Heidi wore recently? Her taste is not always spot on.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:27 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

hmmmmn, hmmmn, I don't know what to think after this week. Ven is a jerk. I miss the people who left. And I still have no idea who I like the most.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I thought Raul should've been kicked off again. Buffi has her problems, but I still like something about her and I wouldn't mind seeing more. The judges criticism of Fabio was right on, why can he dress himself all funky, but not a model? - although I would not have given so much effusive praise for the ropes around his neck.

And the white dress from last week, don't get me started.

ETA: And Christopher's outfit this week was way too highly praised. It might have been okay (although I thought the bottom of the dress veered into too-much territory), but the dress was in a super shiny fabric. That outfit was totally inappropriate for daytime. If he had done it short or in a different fabric, and showed it with and without the jacket, I might have seen some appeal. He was really grating on me the whole time anyway. (Why is she so mad at me? I was just being CONSTRUCTIVE when I told her her aesthetic is terrible!) I liked Sanjia's, but it was kind of see-through on the catwalk, not quite day appropriate either, and it was a little too much frippery for me, but I can see that that's a personal taste issue. I liked gloomy Russian guy's dress the best by far. It was probably the only thing up there I would wear (and why didn't he get all the praise for picking grey that Sanjia did? or the fact that his dress was so architecturally clever? - one seam, people!).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:25 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I also thought it was bizarre that her grey dress was somehow the cat's pajamas and his was apparently boring ... makes no sense at all!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:15 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Kooaaaaaan... aw, I am sad to see that guy go.

Okay, the judging. I agreed on who should be top 3 and bottom 3 this time one hundred percent though I also really hated the dreadlock woman's outfit this time.

Didn't think Sonjie's was the best. (Though she is my favorite designer currently!) It was actually my least favorite of the top 3... I thought there was something really weird about it under the boob area on the side that had the shoulder slit. Like it kind of bunches/bubbles there in a way that really bugs me.

I loved Christopher's and thought it would win. Dmitry's was great too. I kept thinking I would like his more than Sonjie's when they showed it in the workroom but something about Dmitry's just didn't pop for me. Weird, but there you go.

Buffi's thing was atrocious. But I would have sent Raul home again. Personally!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Also, I really hated Ven's beige thing this time. It somehow managed to be both underwear colored and look like it had underwear hanging out of it at the armpit on the one side. Yuck. At least it was well made but still, gross.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:57 am 
Inflexitarian

andrea should have announced her decision to leave the show the same way kooan did. i'm glad kooan left because the judges want commercial and/or sexy clothes. in kooan's case, being on project runway would only hinder his career. the same can be said about other contestants like elana (exaggerated shoulders / armor type clothes) and goth girl

raoul returning, meh. chris, whatever.

agreed with the judges on the top and bottom 3.
the judges nailed it when they told dimitry he should have used color.

fabio (ropes guys) should have been sent home because i STILL don't know what his style is.
buffi = color, patterns, tacky
raoul = menswear
fabio = ??????

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:55 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I am sad to see Koan go - but you could tell it was not his thing. Plus I think they picked him for a novelty factor. Buffi - if she knew how to sew her clothing could be interesting...I do dig Betsey J and Jem is a fashion idol of mine from my childhood...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I really enjoy Dmitry's work...he makes such pretty things and doesn't seem as focused on the dramz. Ven's was ugly this week; I wonder if he would have been in the bottom if he hadn't had immunity.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:05 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I still don't know half of these people's names.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Raul should've gone home again. Those pants! That weird "vest"!

Ariann wrote:
ETA: And Christopher's outfit this week was way too highly praised. It might have been okay (although I thought the bottom of the dress veered into too-much territory), but the dress was in a super shiny fabric. That outfit was totally inappropriate for daytime. If he had done it short or in a different fabric, and showed it with and without the jacket, I might have seen some appeal. He was really grating on me the whole time anyway. (Why is she so mad at me? I was just being CONSTRUCTIVE when I told her her aesthetic is terrible!) I liked Sanjia's, but it was kind of see-through on the catwalk, not quite day appropriate either, and it was a little too much frippery for me, but I can see that that's a personal taste issue. I liked gloomy Russian guy's dress the best by far. It was probably the only thing up there I would wear (and why didn't he get all the praise for picking grey that Sanjia did? or the fact that his dress was so architecturally clever? - one seam, people!).

I agree! Christopher's dress also had this really long bit on one side that annoyed me. If you wore that it would be constantly flapping against your leg. When Sonjia's came down the runway I said "woops, it's see through!" Funny they didn't mention that. I liked Dmitry's best. Yes, it looks simple. But it isn't. I'm not too sure if it would've worked well in another colour either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:42 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Glad to see Raul go again, just because he was going to be a total stressball forever about his fear of being kicked off again. His "I hate you Elena" stuff was kind of classless. Elena is wackadoo and it makes me love her all the more, wish she'd make some different clothing shapes!

I like the winning dress, but would never wear it to work. I feel like none of the people have been in an office. The only designer who did things that were both interesting and modern design-wise and work appropriate was Sanjia - her skirts were great. Fabio's dress was praised inexplicably - it looked like a silk duffel bag and was not work appropriate. Dimitry did a great front, then an inexplicable back. Nathan's was like "slutty 80 year old." Ven's was good and appropriate, but kind of the same as other stuff he's done. I guess Chris' was fine. Meh.

Both collections were meh.

Tom and Lorenzo did a lot of complaining about them picking a non work appropriate dress as the winning look, but seriously, none of those people know what would be okay to wear to a non-fashion job. If they put stuff out there that was actually work appropriate, it looked boring on the runway. And this is why almost every store selling theoretical work clothing is selling skirts up to your pupik and other such nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:45 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Also soooo glad to see Raul go.

I thought Elena's stuff this time was horrible. I really liked some of her portfolio stuff, but pretty much nothing she's made on the show has delivered for me. Wondering if maybe she is just someone who really needs more time for her work (which makes sense since her stuff tends to be so intricate).

Hated Fabio's dress. I thought it would be on the bottom and was amazed they liked it so much.

There really wasn't a look I liked this week at all. Hm... I liked both of Alicia's pairs of pants but didn't like the overall looks. Didn't like the winning dress.

Overall, I think the only person who I am really consistently digging this season is Sonjie... this wasn't her week either though.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:05 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yeah, I don't think Elena deals well with the time pressure. I have liked some of her jackets - not in an "I would wear that" way, but in a "that's really interesting, boundary pushing, etc." way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I do not know what office you could wear that blue turtleneck-y dress too...My boyfriend worked in a city office (planning area) and medical billing - I do not see any women wearing that dress. Then I worked on a college campus office and a high end salon were the clients came from offices and I do not think anyone would wear that dress...

Next weeks challenge when they work with non models is always the one that makes me angry the most. I kinda want to skip it due to the body bashing talk. It is not healthy for anyone. :/ I guess I will end up watching it hiding anything I can throw at the TV.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:38 am 
Inflexitarian

exactly.

i can't believe melissa's high neckline diagonal zipper dress won. it's an interesting dress but not for the office. same can be said about dimitry's lower back triangle over the butt dress.

i work in an office and while gunnar's dress and raoul's bib blouse were poorly made, women actually wear similar designs.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:12 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I still like Elena. I feel like I probably react to reality tv stress the same way she does.

Raoul... yeah, good riddance. Terrible and irritating.

Also agree with everyone else on the winning dress not being work appropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:15 pm 
Inflexitarian

i have a feeling elena acts like that all the time.
over the top, dramatic, yelling, cursing

she has no self control

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Elena gives me a headache.

Raul is obnoxious. Glad he's gone.

I loved Melissa's dress, but I would be pretty confused if I saw someone wear that to work. I would totally wear it though... to non-work.

Everyone else... borrrrrrrrrring.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:11 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

The pants I saw had baggy crotch....not sexy!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Ven = fat-shaming jackass
Everybody else = jackass for not calling him on his shiitake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:53 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Ariann wrote:
Ven = fat-shaming jackass
Everybody else = jackass for not calling him on his shiitake

Pretty much sums it up. I really wanted the judges to tear him a new one for making his model cry.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next