| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Nicole wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else kind of want Patricia to make it to the final just to see what she'd come up with given the time?

it might just be you but that is what fashion is all about, personal taste ;) admittedly, i have not liked anything patricia has made and i think the video editors purposely include clips showing her eyes going buggy. and i still don't understand how heidi liked her pink/gold outfit for that perfume challenge. michelle and amanda totally saved her (like heidi said) on a challenge or so ago. i feel patricia should have went home by now.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:00 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Patricia does not bother me so much besides the odd facial expressions...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:28 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

missmuffcake wrote:
Patricia does not bother me so much besides the odd facial expressions...

I think that's just how she looks. They just show her at dramatic moments for added emphasis.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:06 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I think that Patricia is a pretty amazing artist, but this is not the appropriate venue for her. If not for the team concept, she'd probably have been sent home by now. I'd love to see a gallery of her work, but not necessarily in this format.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

oh, I don't like her "fashion" at all. I just think her techniques are interesting and different... i think a runway show would be a little bit of a train wreck.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 am 

I think she is a textile artist, so that is cool, but beyond making cool fabric her ideas do not do it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

okay, tell me the spoiler. i only watched about 20 minutes of the recent project runway episode, I couldn't get into it, and not even the manly muscle bodies could lure me in. Who got voted off?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:12 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

bookwormbethie wrote:
okay, tell me the spoiler. i only watched about 20 minutes of the recent project runway episode, I couldn't get into it, and not even the manly muscle bodies could lure me in. Who got voted off?

Amanda. Thank goodness, I couldn't stand her crying every episode. I guess a few of them cry, but for some reason she annoyed me more than the others.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:38 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

What I don't understand is why they encouraged Patricia to make that terrible shirt? Seems like the only thing she can do is manipulate textiles where everyone else actually had to try their hand at menswear. She got away with it because she was on the winning team! I really don't care for Layanna's whining she should have been sent home, not Amanda!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah I really dislike Layanna as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:59 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I really think Kate's assessment was right that Leyanna "always gets her way". The way she steamrolled over Stanley in the duct tape challenge to get her color choice was pretty entitled. Though Kate was so wrong in pushing around Tu. Leyanna didn't get voted off because she's good at getting her way. Amanda did so much more work than her and helped others (Samantha used her pattern). The fact that Leyanna faulted her design on Richard because he didn't help her make her jacket that turned out more like a womens' jacket speaks to how she feels like everyone should cater to her.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

This weeks challenge really was a train wreck. How embarrassing for the designers. I liked Zach Posen's comments on how menswear really should be easier than women's clothing, at least it it's basic form. Of course the guys had challenging bodies to fit, but the clothes didn't need to be super close-fitting -- a little more room would add to the "reveal" in my opinion. For once I would like to see a menswear challenge that the designers don't completely choke on...

I've kind of liked Layanna, but this week she was calling everyone's work "tacky" and it was kind of getting on my nerves. I guess everyone does some degree of trash talking, but it would be nice if they actually acted like professionals who are being filmed for TV once in a while.

It was kind of hilarious how Nina just dissolved into a fit of giggles. You'd think she'd be used to seeing all sorts of racy stuff on the runway. Maybe the fashion world is relatively prudish about the male body? Or maybe it was those dance moves.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:19 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

They set them up for failure by not giving them enough time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:56 pm 

The clothing was awful, the attitudes were awful. The team challenges are really doing nothing. I have thought Layanna was rude for a few weeks now...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Wow, I thought for sure Richard was going home. He's been on the bottom so many times.

I didn't like Samantha's dress, but she's definitely more creative than Richard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Agreed. Richard has been getting on my nerves the past few episodes. His behavior/personality makes me uncomfortable. He is either gleeful and highfiving himself or his model, or is sulky. I lost all respect (what little I even had) for him on this past episode when he couldn't even be mature enough to talk with Layana for the entire show. But then again, Layana didn't try to be civil either.

I also would have much rather had Samantha stay. I don't always like what she makes, but at least she pushes the envelope and challenges herself.

I loved what Michelle made and I finally finally figured out who her model is. It's Lisa from some past season of America's Next Top Model!! (don't judge me ;) I used to loooove ANTM but stopped watching it quiet a few seasons ago)

I hope Michelle makes it into the top 3. Maybe with Stanley. Maybe even with Daniel the crazy moustache guy. (Hercule Poirot's moustache is so much better!) I would have been interested in seeing what Joseph Aaron or Tu would have done for the final runway, but alas, that is not meant to be. I have no desire to see Patricia or Layana in the final 3.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:31 pm 

I have decided Richard is there for drama..He is bratty. His pink/black dress was cool enough - not high end, it looked beachy or sporty in a Puma way. But Stanley was bratty this time around too, so much so that I cringed. Samantha's dress could have been better made, it came down to fit, the concept was cute.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:22 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

that's true, I forgot how controlling Stanley was acting this past episode. I wonder if it was because he was paired with Patricia, I don't think her other teammates are really fond of her.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:18 pm 

Ohh mustache guy was the worse though...him crying over some help. His dress was for an old lady! Stanley acts pompous most of the time, we should be used to it maybe? Layana is a brat...She just acts like a know-it-all...smug to. Ughhh.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:54 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Nobody left really has a heart of gold... they're all kind of bisque-y this season, maybe it's just the stress of the teams. They must have really, really, liked Michelle's dress for her team to be on top... that pink dress was not great. I was thinking that yellow dress looks like a Mondo dress, without the interesting pattern mixing.

Leyana's dress wasn't horrible, and probably would have fit in at L&T. I wasn't really paying attention to that part of judging so I missed what they said about her dress.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

they said they loved the fit and shape of her dress but hated layana's fabric choice.

i do like michelle. i think she is sweet and spunky. perhaps not a heart of gold, but she does seem to be a nice person. i did like her dress, and yes it did also remind me of a mondo dress, but still, i think it was an excellent unique interpretation of the theme. her styling was pretty awesome too. i really would have liked to see what her rain vest would have looked like.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:30 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

After the jury discussion it seemed sure Richard was gonna be out! So I was confused. Stanley spent all his time bossing Patricia around instead of making a decent dress. It was pretty meh. I didn't mind Patricia's outfit, but seperates is a bad choice for this kind of challenge because that makes the pricing for production rise a lot. Daniel's was bad! And his turnaround on the runway about Michelle was uncomfortable to watch, because he was so blatantly lying. I bet he's secretly still thinking that jacket would've been the bees knees.

Samantha's execution was lacking but it was a cute idea. The fabric didn't seem quite right for it either. The judges acted like the heart cut-out was weird. Please, I've seen that all over the place!

I liked Michelle's and I'd love to have seen it with the vest too, bookworm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 am 

The heart thing and cut outs in general are popular, or at least something I have been seeing. I thought the judges reaction to it was odd too...It is a heart - not a ticking time bomb!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

regarding patricia's outfit, the top was cute but the fabric for the pants i did not like. didn't someone else this season get criticized for picking out a weird shimmery metallicy fabric? or i am getting mixed up and maybe thinking about peach & all stars???

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Layana! Can you believe her hysterics? She thinks the ready to wear is her design? It is insanity!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next