| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:42 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

agreed! i officially think layana is a brat now. i couldn't believe how she acted on the runway or backstage. she was just uber jealous that moustache man did way better than her. i can't believe she wanted to take responsibility for the sexiness of the outfit either. at his last critique with the bright pink dress the judges told him that he needed to sex it up with a plunging neckline or something so of course he would take that constructive criticism with him in the next challenge.

i'm glad to see richard go. he makes me feel so uncomfortable with how he acts.

i adore michelle. i loooooved her happy dance at the museum. i do one like that too from time to time ;)

my top 3 would be michelle, stanley and moustache man. i have no desire to see a runway show from layana or patricia.

the next shows looks really interesting! it seems that patricia called richard back to help her?! what a train wreck.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

She bullied him into doing the ready to wear when he wanted to do the avant garde look. Then took almost all the fabric they designed! She is a bully and manipulative!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

agreed, but yay for moustache man (daniel?) for rising above and making that smokin' hot outfit. good for him!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I just love how Heidi mentioned to the rest of the judges that Layana is totally full of herself.

Loved Michelle and Stanley's collaboration, and totally got the uncomfortable feel from their print. The other prints were kind of boring for the purposes of this challenge, but I get that it's not everybody's forte.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

layana is annoying! her crying just irked me!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

What. The. fork. I wish I could quit this show, because episodes like this make me hate it. Michelle has more talent than Patricia & Daniel combined - she should never have even been considered for the elimination.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i know, what that the #$#@$ just happened?! michelle is given a "do or die moment" but yet i don't see her cute smiley face in any of the previews for the next show :(

dangit, seriously! patricia makes awful clothing, her sack that just went down the runway was hideous and unfinished, did anyone see the armhole? it looked raw and unfished, and the hem was wonky. i don't get the judges sometimes!

i was rooting for michelle to be in the final 3.

boo :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:18 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

bookwormbethie wrote:
michelle is given a "do or die moment" but yet i don't see her cute smiley face in any of the previews for the next show :(

I suspect that's to prolong the "cliffhanger" - since we don't see her in the previews, we don't know whether she stays or goes. It would be a grievous error of them to send her home. In my opinion, she deserves to win the whole thing.

Patricia's dress looked like someone who is culturally insensitive would make for a school play. Seriously. Just because the woman is Native American doesn't mean she should get a pass for that mess.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

zelavie wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:
michelle is given a "do or die moment" but yet i don't see her cute smiley face in any of the previews for the next show :(

I suspect that's to prolong the "cliffhanger" - since we don't see her in the previews, we don't know whether she stays or goes. It would be a grievous error of them to send her home. In my opinion, she deserves to win the whole thing.

Patricia's dress looked like someone who is culturally insensitive would make for a school play. Seriously. Just because the woman is Native American doesn't mean she should get a pass for that mess.

agreed, that cliffhanger part makes sense. if michelle because of some idiotic judge's decision isn't in the finals, she better be in the next 'all stars'!

i am still baffled every single episode why patricia is still there. obviously fashion is very subjective (?) but sometimes i don't understand what the judges are thinking at all. most everything patricia makes looks like an arts & crafts project gone wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:38 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Given the vast difference in the prizes between winning regular PR and all stars - I wouldn't be too sad about not winning if there was a good chance that I would be coming back for all stars. I AM shocked that they're doing this to Michelle. Patricia's dress was hideous... there was nothing redeeming about it at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:19 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

I liked Michelle's look a lot - very Gwen S...

I think I could have done Patricia's look with a pillow case and some ribbon!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:17 am 
Nooch of Earl

OK, I'll admit it: I liked Liyana's (sp?) jacket. And I guess I'll come out and also admit that I'm the woman who doesn't want to be sexy all the time. Sometimes I want to look nice and professional or appropriate or any number of other adjectives where I don't want sex to be a relevant issue.

I actually think that a Patricia collection might be nice - I loved that white dress with the black corners - but it could also be awful, time will tell!!

Really I think any of them could have made a great collection if given the chance to play up their strengths rather than arbitrary challenges that don't suit their skills. And I think Patricia might have more of a classical sewing background than the bits we see on tv indicate.

ETA obVegan: I wasn't super impressed by Michelle this week. I normally liked her looks but what was up with the I WILL BUY ALL THE ANIMALS attitude at mood and then the whole outfit.. I think just using a simpler white fabric and successfully painting the design she saw on the wall would've been much better/more interesting.

ETA obVeganx2: Was I the only one cheering that they couldn't get leather in the European fabric stores? Esp. when Daniel made his pleather jacket - I'd wear it! - I was like yessssss.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:24 am 
Level 7 Vegan

If you're interested, Tom & Lorenzo posted the collections that showed at Fashion Week. There were 8 designers still on the show at that time, so 8 collections showed. Apparently this time, they didn't announce whose collection belonged to who, so the designers aren't identified in these posts. I'm pretty sure I know which ones belong to the final four (Patricia's is easy to pick out, for sure!), and there are a lot of guesses in the comments. They broke it down into 3 posts:

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2013/02/prs11-finale-show-collection-no-1.html
http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2013/02/prs11-finale-show-collection-no-4-5-and-6.html
http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2013/02/prs11-finale-show-collection-no-7-and-8.html

Obviously, if you're not interested in anything spoiler-ish, you probably shouldn't follow the links. But the winner isn't given away or anything, it's just the collections.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:29 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Oh, and regarding last night's show:

-I really like Layana's coat, but the shirt underneath (and those sleeves!) was not good. I kinda get the criticism for lack of color, but she shouldn't be out over Daniel or Patricia.
-Michelle is my absolute favorite this season, and I really hope she wins.
-Stanley spent $1000 to make a boring black dress. I mean, how did the judges not completely rake him over the coals for that? A couple of sequins on the underside doesn't make that funereal column interesting.
-Daniel was, I think, strongly influenced by Amanda's participation. I kinda doubt he would have made those pieces entirely on his own. It wasn't too bad, but overall his looks have been very dated. I don't think he should have been in the final 4.
-I didn't hate Patricia's - at least it had some interest to it. I think she's a really good textile artist, but she's not really a marketable fashion designer. But she's apparently Heidi's pet for the season, so whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:01 am 
Nooch of Earl

Stanley's did seem a little pedestrian. I mean, I liked it, I would wear it to a naval ball type of occasion, it would be great as a black tie gown where you don't want to be too risky. It did surprise me that after all the dithering about how he needed so much expensive fabric, the leather sequens (obVeg: don't get me started) were on the underside.

And I'll look at those collections later - resisting the urge now but no spoilers! I didn't realize that the last bunch all showed lines at fashion week to avoid spoiling the outcome.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ugh, not happy that patricia is in the final 4. as the judges have said before, your team carried you, you would have been elimiated, etc.... (i think this is when she was paired with michelle and layana). i don't get patricia. i have no desire to see any kind of fashion show of hers. i was shocked she was going to bryant park, and i think she was too, and i think she's been shocked at past eliminations that she has been saved.

i am totally rooting for michelle or stanley to win.
although i admit, i am very interested to see what daniel moustache man will do. his hair looked wild in the preview!

sigh, i don't get the judges this season, i feel that they carried patricia all the way through to the end out of personal curiosity. still, i can't give up the show, i'm hooked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:09 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

I think Patricia's look was interesting just poorly made...She has a art vibe to her stuff at times, but most times it comes down to it being made crappy.

I like Michele's stuff, her own wardrobe is stuff I would wear!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:27 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I loved Daniel's outfit! I don't care for Layana, but I didn't think her outfit was all that bad and I actually liked the sleeves.

Patricia's clothes really aren't my thing. I dig what she does with textiles, but the actual clothes never seem wearable.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:28 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

Also Nina saying fashion is not art is bullshiitake...This is so dumb coming from a person who runs a fashion magazine and creates pictures and stories around fashion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:19 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I wonder what Patricia would do with enough time. All the time constraints on the projects seem stupidly tight, and if she's going to spend a day doing complicated textile things her only real choice might be shift dress. I'm going to refrain from judgment until I see her collections (and I'm not peeking!!)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i am so tempted to peek only to see patricia's collection. i'm actually pretty irritated at the judges now. i still believe they carried her through the competion for mere curiosity, and at the end with their final decision, i feel they picked patricia over layana simply because patricia was older and didn't have many opportunities left. bah.

i don't mean to be hard on patricia as i'm sure she has her fans, but i have not liked anything she has made this season. all very arts and craftsy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

My brief opinion of Patricia's final collection:
Spoiler: show
It's not NEARLY as interesting as I'd have hoped. It looks like she used her most interesting textile techniques during the season.

Also, I went back to look at the final collections on TLo's site and they're all identified now. So if anyone wanted to see the clothes without knowing who made what, that's no longer possible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:49 am 
Discovered unobtainium

missmuffcake wrote:
Also Nina saying fashion is not art is bullshiitake...This is so dumb coming from a person who runs a fashion magazine and creates pictures and stories around fashion.

Seriously. If it isn't art, what the fizzle else is a McQueen or Lagerfeld runway show? Heck, even a Kors or Lauren runway show is as much art as anything, even if most of those pieces could be immediately taken and worn by people who aren't Lady Gaga. McQueen might be a total fantasy, but Kors or Lauren don't send anything down their runway without choreographing every little twitch and fold of fabric.

Of course, next week Nina will complain that something looks "too commercial."

(no spoilers, but why is everything in Layanna's show crooked? Every single piece of clothing is askew on her models.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

loved michelle's collection, soooo glad that she is going to fashion week.

patricia, sigh, y'all know how i feel about her.

stanley and daniel, in my opinion, have very underwhelming collections. i will be interested to see how stanley turns it around and makes it more youthful and not so covered up.

and stingrays, really? am i to assume that daniel was literally sewing with dead stingray carcasses? i think project runway should go vegan for a season :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:00 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I agree with everything you said.

Those silver things Patricia tacked all over that blue dress look like aluminum foil. Everything about that dress looked SO cheap and like a toddler craft project.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next