| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:53 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

lavawitch wrote:
Thessaly wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

Half the crepe Kors said made no sense.

Maybe cause he was too cool to take off his forking shades during the whole runway show! What was going on there?!

Runway shows are optimized for cameras and film, with lots of extreme bright lights. Some people do wear sunglasses to see better if they have sensitive eyes (or so I've heard).

OK, I can buy that. It just seemed so bizarre that he was sitting there with shades on while no one else around him had them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:30 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I just watched this episode...and seriously, what the fork? Why make her out to be such a bisque and then be all oooOOOooo we love her? At least Heidi has her head on straight. usually I think Heidi is nuts too, but she called this one. This episode makes me not want to watch any more seasons

eta: what the fork was Gretchen wearing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:41 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Someone in the comments somewhere pointed out that the dress Gretchen was wearing looked really, really April. And it sort of did.... I actually really liked the black dress. More than her collection. Which makes me think that in retrospect I really wish April would have made it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:33 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

here's the link to april's show: http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/2 ... nwayapril/

i think she should have been in the top 3. i didn't like andy's collection.

obviously, MONDO SHOULD HAVE WON. pisssssseddddddd. gretchen forking WON and she was STILL giving us her sob story and whining about having no place to live. i like her clothes and jewelry but stfu

also why does mylifetime.com have to give away the winner on their front page?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:34 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

i want that shirt something bad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:57 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I think Gretchen won because her collection is a better match for the typical Lifetime audience member or because the Maire Claire woman is the one who chooses to bypass Vogue, Elle and Harper's Bazaar on the Newstand.

YUUUUKKK..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:12 pm 
Chard Martyr

emshell wrote:
here's the link to april's show: http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/2 ... nwayapril/

i think she should have been in the top 3. i didn't like andy's collection.

obviously, MONDO SHOULD HAVE WON. pisssssseddddddd. gretchen forking WON and she was STILL giving us her sob story and whining about having no place to live. i like her clothes and jewelry but stfu

I like April's collection! Gretchen is a good designer, it seems (I'm not actually THERE, so I can't say for sure), and her clothing always looks impeccably put together (stitching, sewing, etc) but her personality and whininess makes me dislike her. Also, like someone else said, it's all ready-to-wear for a department store. Bo-ring.
She didn't even make the jewelry, she just designed it. At least Mondo made everything he put on the models (right?).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Tom and Lorenzo have a great recap up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

forked up.

The whole time, I was like Mondo is for sure going to win. They are going to have to make up nice things to say for everyone else. It was so clear! Oh my gosh. I thought hers was worse than Andy's, and I thought Andy's was pretty boring. Hers was sooooo boring, and somewhat ugly. Those diaper things?! Oh my. Worst conclusion, ever. She had the same print for like 1/2 her collection. That's what's in right now? Ew. This isn't Project Who-can-improve-greatly-in-styling-models. Her styling was all right, but ok?! Her clothes were nothing. Worst.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:20 pm 
Chard Martyr

I'd buy some of her clothes, but not at the price that they'll probably ask for them because they've been on a runway at Fashion Week. I'd actually buy pieces from each of the designer's collections, but probably not wear many of them as a complete outfit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:05 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

lavawitch wrote:
Tom and Lorenzo have a great recap up.

i was coming in here just to post that link, so here: http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/10/project-runway-congratulations.html

i want everything in mondo's line. okay maybe not the bubble dress. but it did look great on tina marie (what wouldnt?)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:18 pm 
Human Gravy

allychristine wrote:
forked up.

The whole time, I was like Mondo is for sure going to win. They are going to have to make up nice things to say for everyone else. It was so clear! Oh my gosh. I thought hers was worse than Andy's, and I thought Andy's was pretty boring. Hers was sooooo boring, and somewhat ugly. Those diaper things?! Oh my. Worst conclusion, ever. She had the same print for like 1/2 her collection. That's what's in right now? Ew. This isn't Project Who-can-improve-greatly-in-styling-models. Her styling was all right, but ok?! Her clothes were nothing. Worst.

I so agree. I was so pissed that I just turned off the TV after they said her name. But I knew because Michael Kors and Nina Garcia liked hers the best that she would win.

All of her pants were awful. High-waisted flairs made out of stiff polyester? That's what's in? They reminded me of the clothes from the Dawn Dolls that my grandmother kept at her house from when my mom and her sisters were young. AWFUL.

But I guess this all makes sense. I once tried on a pair of Michael Kors jeans at Filene's Basement and they had that lovely "mom" look. Michael and Nina are old. They want someone who makes old designs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Allison, not Alison wrote:
allychristine wrote:
forked up.

I so agree. I was so pissed that I just turned off the TV after they said her name. But I knew because Michael Kors and Nina Garcia liked hers the best that she would win.

All of her pants were awful. High-waisted flairs made out of stiff polyester? That's what's in? They reminded me of the clothes from the Dawn Dolls that my grandmother kept at her house from when my mom and her sisters were young. AWFUL.

But I guess this all makes sense. I once tried on a pair of Michael Kors jeans at Filene's Basement and they had that lovely "mom" look. Michael and Nina are old. They want someone who makes old designs.

Are you never going to watch again? :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:22 pm 
Human Gravy

allychristine wrote:
Are you never going to watch again? :(

It's hard to commit to that, but I am very disheartened, and I question the judges' level of taste.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

allychristine wrote:
forked up.

But they complained all season that Cassanova's clothes were too old!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:08 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

WHAT IN THE FORKITY FORKING BULLFORK WAS THAT?!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mrsbadmouth wrote:

shiitake!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:02 am 
Dildo Queen

yay gretchen! i liked her collection (except that ugly green leather jacket thing).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:02 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I just turned off the TV after they said her name.

me too. LAME.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:07 am 
Dildo Queen

i just checked out april's collection on the nymag link that emshell posted...shiitake
i like it better than gretchen's, april is still my favourite. but i'm happy for gretchen. people complain about her always saying she's poor - when you've got no money it's something you're constantly thinking about.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:05 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

Does anyone else think Gretchen's collection looks a lot like Free People's style?
I wouldn't be surprised if I saw Free People selling her clothes in a few months for $500+...they've done it before with past winners

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:39 am 
Chard Martyr

wishmewell wrote:
Does anyone else think Gretchen's collection looks a lot like Free People's style?
I wouldn't be surprised if I saw Free People selling her clothes in a few months for $500+...they've done it before with past winners

That's what I mean- I liked pieces of her collection, but I wouldn't pay insane amounts of money for them because (out of the mouthes of judges) they look like something you could sell in a department store.... and I don't mean Nordstrom or anything. It just was not that amazing!
mrsbadmouth wrote:

Best way to sum it up.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:43 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Okay I'm really confused.

So they liked Gretchen...because...

She is doing what other designers are already doing?

Isn't that what they mean by 'this season's trend'? Seriously? I mean, seriously? They picked her to win because she is mimicking...this season's trend?

And then they have the gall to say that this is the future? It's not the future. It's a trend! How is this the future? Gene Rodenberry thought that spandex was the future. And remember shoulderpads? Are they saying everything is going to be floaty jumpsuits and hot pants paired with monotone wannabe africa prints? Really?

I'm just so disappointed. Yes, Mondo had styling issues. But I think he really had a vision and not 'Running through Thunder', whatever the heck that is supposed to mean. She might as well have named it 'Running through Born Free on VHS'.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:00 am 
Human Gravy

"Running through thunder" = White girl trying to get in touch with her "native" self.

I always knew I was more Betsy Johnson than Michael Kors.

Mondo will always be the winner to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:12 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I think a lot of it was probably because SethA won last season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next