| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:14 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I think Dom should've won last week and Bradon this week. Why were the judges praising the winning dresses' bust area? Because that looked ill-fitting to me.

Ken's behaviour made me very uncomfortable. Almost had a heart attack when Sandro walked back in there. Good that he's staying gone. It was a really weird episode. Here's some cars! You can use them as inspiration but you don't have to! Go to 2 out of 3 stores for unconditional materials (again? by the way)! People that still don't know they can't use anything that resembles fabric too much! Ken asking Kate how team challenges are judged! Whut.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

lobsteriffic wrote:
yeah I liked the white collection with Bradon et al.

yes it was stunning!

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

fisticuffs wrote:
I think Dom should've won last week and Bradon this week. Why were the judges praising the winning dresses' bust area? Because that looked ill-fitting to me.

Ken's behaviour made me very uncomfortable. Almost had a heart attack when Sandro walked back in there. Good that he's staying gone. It was a really weird episode. Here's some cars! You can use them as inspiration but you don't have to! Go to 2 out of 3 stores for unconditional materials (again? by the way)! People that still don't know they can't use anything that resembles fabric too much! Ken asking Kate how team challenges are judged! Whut.

yeah, i don't know what sue was thinking using that "fabric" shower curtain thing. glad tim called her out on that. he must have been really ticked off because usually he just oozes charm, poise, warmth, and support.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 am 
Level 7 Vegan

The guest judge saying "clavicles are the new cleavage" made me want to punch her in the face.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:41 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

ken was to much drama...

i want pom pom hair - like lil bear ears...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

zelavie wrote:
The guest judge saying "clavicles are the new cleavage" made me want to punch her in the face.

really? i liked that comment. my clavicles are more impressive than my cleavage ;) i'm all over this! yay for tank tops!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

missmuffcake wrote:
ken was to much drama...

he's not just drama. he is really scary. worse than sandro if that's possible. or maybe they are tied for mental instability.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:49 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

missmuffcake wrote:

I loved that hairstyle!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

bookwormbethie wrote:
zelavie wrote:

really? i liked that comment. my clavicles are more impressive than my cleavage ;) i'm all over this! yay for tank tops!

I think the deal is that this encourages the whole starve-yourself culture that exists in the model industry. Most women have to be extremely thin to have a pronounced collarbone. I cringed at that comment as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:10 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

creep wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:
zelavie wrote:

I think the deal is that this encourages the whole starve-yourself culture that exists in the model industry. Most women have to be extremely thin to have a pronounced collarbone. I cringed at that comment as well.

agreed. i didn't think about the whole picture and how a comment like that could really affect how someone views his or herself in the mirror.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:24 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i did not care for the love letter dress, it looked kinda cheap unless you got a close up of the script...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:08 am 

I LOVED Alexander's dress (let's just pretend the leather is vegan leather).

The glue gun lace dress was awful. But I found Nina's foaming vagina comment really funny.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:25 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i was so glad that tim saved justin. i was wondering when that was eventually going to happen. that pillow sack with a halter/belt for straps was ridiculous and i don't understand how someone who took a risk would be eliminated over a pillow sack dress. i look forward to seeing what justin makes on the next episode. i'm really liking this season so far. kate has really surprised me. she seems to have grown a lot as a person and as a designer since returning.

i loved helen's dress, i thought the dead moth inspiration, while certainly a bit odd, really turned into a beautiful dress.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:37 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

bookwormbethie wrote:

i loved helen's dress, i thought the dead moth inspiration, while certainly a bit odd, really turned into a beautiful dress.

I hate how she tries to be all edgy and cool, then turns into a baby at the drop of a hat. The dress was cool - super star winner like she thought - no but I saw the moth texture in it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:29 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

missmuffcake wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:

I hate how she tries to be all edgy and cool, then turns into a baby at the drop of a hat. The dress was cool - super star winner like she thought - no but I saw the moth texture in it.

i dunno, i kinda like that about helen. she looks fierce but she's a kitten on the inside ;) kinda like how she said in "confessional" (or whatever they call the solo camera time) that she was embarrassed she was so quick to judge kate when people do the same thing to her based on her appearance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:07 pm 

missmuffcake wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:

I hate how she tries to be all edgy and cool, then turns into a baby at the drop of a hat.

I agree with you MMC. Her whining gets on my nerves. Her outfits seem to be awful or awesome, it's really hit or miss with her.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

creep wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:
zelavie wrote:

Yep, that was my issue. Cleavage and clavicles are all beautiful - one doesn't need to be "in" over another.

So Justin's almost exit totally got me all teary-eyed. He seems like the nicest guy. However, I kinda think Tim threw away the save. As nice as Justin is, he really hasn't shown anything amazing and probably won't get too much further (maybe another 4 weeks max is my guess). I think Bradon has the overall win in the bag.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i did also think it was a bit early for tim to use the save, but as i mentioned above, justin took a risk and did something really creative, that other gal's dress was a hot boring mess and i really feel she should have went home instead. i think tim saved justin because he took a risk.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't feel like Justin has done anything super special either. I feel like he was saved because everyone is super attached to him, not because it wasn't his time to go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:25 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm glad other people felt the same was re: Justin. He's an amazing guy, but I feel like he was kept for the wrong reasons. And then I feel bad that I'm harping against a sweet, deaf person. I know Tom & Lorenzo were feeling conflicted about this as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:05 am 

I agree re: Justin.

I really liked Alexandria's look with those crazy shoes. I'm glad Miranda went home, I haven't liked anything she's made.

What an off week for Bradon, usually his stuff is pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:35 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

procedural question!

do they keep the same models week on week, or do they draw for models every time? i noticed that alexandria had ya last week and then again this week, and it made me think that the judges could VERY easily figure out whose garment is whose just based on model. you know, if they didn't figure it out by the giant cheesy grins and the "good job" elbowing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:12 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bluedawg wrote:
procedural question!

do they keep the same models week on week, or do they draw for models every time? i noticed that alexandria had ya last week and then again this week, and it made me think that the judges could VERY easily figure out whose garment is whose just based on model. you know, if they didn't figure it out by the giant cheesy grins and the "good job" elbowing.

good question, it used to be such a big part of the show, you know the button bag, and either keeping or switching your model. it seems many seasons ago they just did away with that and the designers keep the same model. and yeah, the peanut gallery certainly doesn't help with anonymity ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i'm actually surprised helen won. yes her look was quite stunning and well constructed, but i really liked some of the outfits deemed "safe" by the judges.

kate is doing really well this season. i wonder if she will make it into the top 3.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:44 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

bookwormbethie wrote:
kate is doing really well this season. i wonder if she will make it into the top 3.

I'm pretty sure that's in the script. She could make something that looks like total asparagus and be safe.

I am SO SO SO ready for Ken to go away. He's just so nasty and horrible. I don't even care what he's making, he just needs to shut up already.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next