| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:27 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

zelavie wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:
kate is doing really well this season. i wonder if she will make it into the top 3.

I'm pretty sure that's in the script. She could make something that looks like total asparagus and be safe.

I am SO SO SO ready for Ken to go away. He's just so nasty and horrible. I don't even care what he's making, he just needs to shut up already.

I think the outfit Kate made this week was pretty awful. I didn't care for any of the shoes. Why did they have such boring shoes for a shoe challenge?

I really don't like ken, either. He is a meany.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:22 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I don't know why, but I don't find Ken to be awful. Maybe I'm just overly enamored with his real and tattooed bow ties.

Those were mostly some hideous shoes, though I had been eyeing the one Justin chose. Also, I love all the changes - the looking at the dresses close up, Tim getting to watch and get a say, and I am now on board with Zac Posen - he's like Mini-Michael.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I like Dom's shoe pick!

I thought Helen's dress was way simple - even with the cape. Big deal!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:17 am 
Level 7 Vegan

The one pair of shoes I loved is the one nobody picked - the shiny blue Docs. I kinda like Kate's shoes, but she didn't do them justice. That pair was an invitation to get delightfully weird, I thought.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I was so disappointed nobody picked the pair of docs!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

zelavie wrote:
The one pair of shoes I loved is the one nobody picked - the shiny blue Docs. I kinda like Kate's shoes, but she didn't do them justice. That pair was an invitation to get delightfully weird, I thought.

agreed, but i did like what she designed, the pants were so awesome. and if i didn't know she made it, i wouldn't have guessed that was a "kate" outfit.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

appifanie wrote:
I don't know why, but I don't find Ken to be awful. Maybe I'm just overly enamored with his real and tattooed bow ties.

Those were mostly some hideous shoes, though I had been eyeing the one Justin chose. Also, I love all the changes - the looking at the dresses close up, Tim getting to watch and get a say, and I am now on board with Zac Posen - he's like Mini-Michael.

ken's tattoo is cool, but he creeps me out. he reminds me of sandro. it seems next week, according to the previews i saw at the end of the store, "something" happens and tim sits down and asks ken why he's so angry.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:08 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

bookwormbethie wrote:
zelavie wrote:

agreed, but i did like what she designed, the pants were so awesome. and if i didn't know she made it, i wouldn't have guessed that was a "kate" outfit.

Those pants were pretty interesting, and walked well on the runway. But that was a seriously ill-fitting shirt. And I don't think the clothes really had anything to do with the shoes. They could have easily paired with half of those shoes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:33 pm 

I find Ken's attitude kind of funny, but obviously I don't have to deal with him IRL.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

okay, again, ken is so drama.

was surprised at the judges. alexandria's drop crotch pants looked horrible this time around. last week, they looked sorta cool and innovative, at least it worked in the context of what she was doing, but this week the drop crotch pants were awful. but how crazy was michael koor's critique of her drop crotch pants?! it's never fun to watch the designers get such harsh criticism (esp when their fellow frenimies are smirking on stage) but i have to admit, michael koors had me laughing so hard.

i was surprised that bradon was not in the top. was he the one that had the leggings with the curvy wrap around color blocking i thought was super awesome and made models legs look really awesome.

i actually preferred kate's outfit to helen's. but upon closer look, i could see that helen put in some nice design detail, but i wasn't that impressed with the big deal the judges made that her jacket was longer than usual.

was kate the one inspired by motorcross? was she the one that had the old school sleeves with the shirt going through the thumb? i liked that.

i feel bad that the designer with the red hair had to go home. (karen?) she seems way nicer than ken, ken is frightening and should go home. i wonder if his "mentor" will watch the show and what she will think of his behavior.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Drop crotch pants aren't my thing, but as soon as I saw what she was making, I just started listing all the exercises you COULDN'T DO while wearing those. Like, I guess you could walk, maybe run? Forget yoga. And most women would have an issue with their thighs getting sweaty and rubbing together, ugh.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:45 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

yeah i hate most drop crotch things but the white ones were actually nice. but as workout pants? stupid.

why isn't kate winning more? i guess we can safely assume kate and helen make it to fashion week.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i preferred kate's outfit to helen's as well.

i could have done without michael kors making his comment about "a fat chick getting a cookie" for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bluedawg wrote:
i preferred kate's outfit to helen's as well.

i could have done without michael kors making his comment about "a fat chick getting a cookie" for sure.

I must have missed hearing that due to my hysterics over the poop in the pants and the touch-myself pockets.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:42 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Tom & Lorenzo have posted the collections that showed at Fashion Week. Links and my very brief opinions (because I want to spend more time looking at these designs) below the spoiler:

Spoiler: show
So apparently, Ken didn't show at Fashion Week, which makes me hope he doesn't last much longer on the show. Also, a couple of people have posted that the final look was (yet another) unconventional materials challenge.

Links:
http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2013/09/project-runway-finale-collections-justin-kate.html
http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2013/09/project-runway-final-collections-dom-helen-jeremy.html
http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2013/09/project-runway-finale-collections-alexander-alexandria-bradon.html

Overall, the quality of the collections is head and shoulders above the last few seasons. I think Helen knocked it out of the park. But several of them could easily be contenders for the win (if the producers will give it to any other than the clearly anointed Kate). I can't wait to see the final collections actually walk, and hopefully we'll get to look at these up close, because there's some really great stuff in there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 pm 
***LIES!!!***

lobsteriffic wrote:
Thessaly wrote:
How were the judges not talking about the vagina drops!? I feel like they usually hate people who expose too much skin, and I think this was a new low for that.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too! The little black box Lifetime had to add to her crotch cracked me up though. I'm not sure why. Because I'm immature. I felt bad for the model, standing there on the runway with her hands in front of her crotch to cover herself up.

Just catching up on this season. Disappointed that my two year old knows the name of female external genitalia and none of the adults, including women, on this show seem to.

And it was butt ugly to boot.

Besides that the parachutes seemed like a really fun challenge and there were a lot of interesting garments produced.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:28 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I would buy/wear Helen's jacket. I guess everything else just looks like typical gym stuff...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 am 

I think Karen probably should have gone home weeks ago. I was so happy Michael Kors was back, I love his bisque-y comments. I didn't hear the cookie remark, I too was giggling hysterically over the poop pants and pleasure pockets.

I liked the Helen's jacket, but I also liked Kate's outfit. It was hard to decide which I liked more.

I'm always interested to see what the outfit looks like once it hits stores, but I kept getting a 404 error on the New Balance site. Here's a photo of the actual NB jacket on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/projectrunway/posts/10151838257412720

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:46 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i thought for sure ken was going to go home. FINALLY nina garcia said that jeremy (?) had a better attitude than ken during the judging for the bottom three. ken has serious anger management issues and from the previews for next week's show he gets all insane crazy angry again. i feel bad for the remaining designers that they have to deal with him. ken is not misunderstood. he just an angry crazy person and should have been eliminated long ago.

i can't believe he was rolling his eyes in front of the judging panel when other people were getting praise. and i don't know how #$@%^%# big his balls are to even attempt to have a staring contest with heidi.

sorry about the vent, but i am no fan of ken's.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:40 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

He's a bomb waiting to explode. I can't wait for him to be off the show - he's clearly not suitable for reality television.

I cannot comprehend how Alexandria's monstrosity was deemed safe. She should have been sent home on the spot for that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

zelavie wrote:
He's a bomb waiting to explode. I can't wait for him to be off the show - he's clearly not suitable for reality television.

I cannot comprehend how Alexandria's monstrosity was deemed safe. She should have been sent home on the spot for that.

agreed. and thank you for reminding me about alexandria's hot mess. no clue how that was deemed safe. also was not a fan of the look of helen's dress, although the fit and tailoring was quite nice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 pm 

Yeah, when Alexandria's dress walked down the runway I thought for sure she was going home.

I loved loved loved Alexander's plaid dress. I wasn't so gaga over Bradon's.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:28 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Ken needs some manners...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:58 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Did anyone else catch Helen's comment to Kate about how much she ate at brunch, basically, "You're too fat to be eating that"? Fork that.

I thought Ken should have gone home. I thought his redone look was in poor taste, even though it had more interest than Jeremy's. I liked Jeremy's new dress, and I think the judges are relatively deluded about what is possible to sew in one hour's time. Dom's new look was great, although I thought there was something weird going on with the draping in the right boob area.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:13 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

agreed with the weird draping by dom's new look, pretty incredible it's getting made by belk too.

i think helen was more teasing kate that she should be careful so she can still fit into her wedding dress. kate is by no means fat, she is so cute and stylish and has grown so much as a designer since her last season. she's pretty awesome.

a helen-kate-dom top three would be a very fun fashion show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 29  Next