| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:29 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I'm glad Justin's runway pieces seem to be good because they seem crazy desperate to keep him in the running.

Sad to see Helen go, even if I agreed that her collection was the weakest. But really I mostly would rather have seen Kate's collection than any of the three that were on the chopping block this week. I'll look at the link to see what she made but I wonder if the non-finalists have as much editing/pressure.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Helen's 3 looks were awful.

Alexandria and Justin's looks were okay, but I wasn't *that* excited about either of them.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:28 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I actually just looked at the 8 collections on Tom and Lorenzo.

Spoiler: show
Unsurprisingly, Dom and Bradon's are the best by far. Alexandria is still very monochromatic, but unbad enough that she just might win despite not deserving to - I hope Dom wins, I like hers the best. Justin's...I'm just not feeling the lack of color. I like the gray looks and the test tube gown but the white cult outfits? I don't see what's so great about them.

Looking at the final collections I actually think they made the right choice on the top four. Helen's collection was awful, Kate's had a few winners but was mostly pretty bad and impractical, Jeremy's was surprisingly bad (I thought he was not particularly creative but had the potential to do solid wearable work)...

And Alexander's is really, wow. I know he has a background in costuming but what's with the Cruella DeVille looks? The styling, Oh...OH.... But I actually love some of the looks!! Until it just swerves full into crazy by the end.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:13 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

I thought Helen's was soooooooo boring.

Justin's stuff was only cool because of the molded pvc.

I liked Alexandria's stuff - yes it is wearable but the thing is I would wear it (if it was in black!)! I also see Gwen Stefani wearing it...Casual with edge.

I think Dom will win.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Predictions:
Dom will win.
Surprisingly, Justin will be runner-up (2nd place)
Bradon 3rd
Alexandria, 4th of course. I don't like her stuff at all, not just this collection, but most of everything she's designed.

Looking forward to watching the show..... on Friday since we don't have tv and I watch it on Lifetime's website.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:31 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I would be ok with that rundown, because then Bradon could possibly come back for All-Stars in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh that finale so good. Glad Dom won, she deserved it. I admit, I was 100% surprised that the judges decision was between Dom and Alexandria. Alexandria's final runway collection was okay, but I didn't love it.

Justin's collection was nice, loved the stuff toward the end with the breezy gauze and such.

I do agree with the judges that Bradon's collection was a bit disconnected and I can see why a collection like Bradon's would not win.

Did anyone else notice that they showed Allysa Molano on screen and the caption under her was "host of project runway all stars"?! I guess the previous host (who I wasn't all that crazy about anyway) is being replaced?? Maybe a season season of all stars is already in the works?!?! I really can't get enough of project runway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:31 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

The next season of All-Stars begins next week. I'll watch it just for Seth Aaron!

I love that Dom won. I have zero issues with the outcome or the placing of the finalists. I don't even know how long it's been since I could say that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:11 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

just finished watching: yay dom! and yay kerry washington!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

zelavie wrote:
The next season of All-Stars begins next week. I'll watch it just for Seth Aaron!

I love that Dom won. I have zero issues with the outcome or the placing of the finalists. I don't even know how long it's been since I could say that.

oh i'm so excited for all stars! i would have NEVER known since we don't have tv and i don't pay attention to things when i'm loading the next episode of PR --- i avert my eyes lest i see spoilers since we don't have tv.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project ... /designers

admittedly, i don't remember all these people. i also thought irena won her season?? i guess not.

i am also thrilled that they have a new host and a new mentor!

it also seems that they only have 2 judges lined up so far??
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project ... ars/judges

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:56 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Irinia, Jeffrey, & Seth Aaron all won their seasons. I'm interested to see Alyssa Milano as the host - the chick from last All-Stars was AWFUL, and I've kinda loved Samantha Micelli since I was a kid.

The only major downside to me is that Tom & Lorenzo won't be blogging this season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:25 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i'm confused. i thought all stars was for designers (like mondo) who got "robbed" of being the PR season winner, or who were fan favorites and/or made it really close toward the end.

why are 3 previous PR winners being put on all stars? i don't think that's fair.

embarassed to say i've never went to T&L's blog so that doesn't affect me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:45 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm guessing it's more about who's actually willing to do it - and those numbers probably get smaller each season. Honestly, the season Mondo was on felt completely contrived to me, like they did the whole season JUST so they could give him a win. He could have made garbage all season, and they would have crowned him king. So it's kinda nice to not have someone who was "robbed" this time around.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:16 pm 
Chip Strong

I don't know. I also thought Austin Scarlett could have won All Stars that season. As I recall, iAustin should have made it to fashion week on his original season but didn't, but I suppose Mondo was in more recent memory.

Having previous winners on just confuses me. I guess project runway isn't really doing a good job of launching them as successful designers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:05 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Beanitarian wrote:

Having previous winners on just confuses me. I guess project runway isn't really doing a good job of launching them as successful designers.

http://nyti.ms/15uovsL

Article about how PR hasn't helped contestants but has helped judges and Tim gunn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

awesome thanks for that link, i look forward to reading it later.

i still think, if you've won, you should not be on all stars. that being said, i'm sure project runway is having difficulty to find designers to come back for all stars considering they've already done this twice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

I figured Dom would win.

I feel so-so for all stars...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I finally watched the finale. I agree with most everyone's comments. Bradon's collection was not cohesive at all, which really surprised me. Dom definitely deserved to win.

I'm on the fence about watching All Stars.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:41 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Dom deserved to win. I would actually wear some of Brandon's pieces, though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i really enjoyed the new all stars episode much more than i thought i would, love the new host and new mentor! the flow and camera editing and such seemed better, i remember with the 1st season everything seemed all choppy and awkward.

so far i will be rooting for melisa and victor, i have a few other faves too. i'm interested to see how elena acts this season, she was so wack-o stressed out on her own season. but it was really nice to see her get the win.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:01 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I was also surprised by the quality - so much less cheese than last all stars! Although I did laugh out loud at the QVC accessory wall. I'm not feeling Alyssa as the host yet, but I think she'll get better and more comfortable as the season goes on. GREAT mentor.

I'm rooting for Victor and Seth Aaron so far, although that may well change. I have a feeling that Jeffrey and Korto won't last too long.

They made the right decision for elimination, and I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually got rid of someone with a story. I mean, I would have liked to hear more of Ari's story, but that means the judging was *gasp!* based on the challenge and not the story/drama potential. So far, this is looking like a giant step up for PR.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:37 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Overall, I thought it was great and am looking forward to the season. I thought Seth Aaron should have won the challenge though. Did anyone else find the designers and judges talking about punk to be cringe-inducing?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:10 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Oh yeah, especially "The Beautiful" Georgina Chapman. Zero credibility, other than just working in fashion. (At this point, I think it's in her PR contract to always be introduced as "The Beautiful" - I think that happened every single runway last season.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:28 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i watched the reunion show on thursday night (some interesting bitchery), but i think now i'm going back off project runway. i started watching again this season because of the two milwaukee contestants, but i don't know any of the all stars so i think it's easy enough for me to cut ties without getting invested. ha!

enjoy, all you fashion mavens!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bluedawg wrote:
i watched the reunion show on thursday night (some interesting bitchery), but i think now i'm going back off project runway. i started watching again this season because of the two milwaukee contestants, but i don't know any of the all stars so i think it's easy enough for me to cut ties without getting invested. ha!

enjoy, all you fashion mavens!

oh i forgot all about the reunion show! will watch that later this evening online!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next