| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pretty Little Liars
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:29 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Fee wrote:
I don't know, he definitely underwhelmed me with his range of depth as an actor during that "emotional" scene with baby momma. I looked away from the screen because it was so painful to watch him try to make himself cry on command.

Yes. I actually laughed out loud at that scene. He was contorting his face into this "man pain" grimace and it was so bad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:20 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

amandabear wrote:
To me, he didn't really look sad so much as... unhinged? A little crazy? I wasn't getting weepy and genuinely emotional at all. EzraBot was handling that scene I guess.

Also, raise your hand if you give zero shiitakes about the Toby's Mom storyline. Mine is up.

Do not care at all. The one thing I like about teen shows is the lack of parental supervision so I almost get mad when I'm like.. supposed to acknowledge that they exist. Boo grownups, city full of kids! No rules! Ice cream for dinner.

Anyway the only time I cared about any of their parents was when I briefly thought Aria's dad was boning Allison.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:33 pm 
WELFARIST!

amandabear wrote:
Also, raise your hand if you give zero shiitakes about the Toby's Mom storyline. Mine is up.

Hand raised. Move on, PLL.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:10 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

It's annoying because their parents only exist/notice the existence of their children when it's convenient to the plot. They go "out of town" for weeks at a time or just generally don't show up at all until suddenly they need to act super suspicious or bust the girls for something or create a roadblock to whatever they're trying to find out. The parental relationships are about as consistent as anything else on this show, I guess.

The Toby's Mom thing is extra pointless because I don't think Toby on his own is a very interesting character, so his backstory is just... why. I like him with the rest of the cast well enough, but would I watch a show about Toby? I would not.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:34 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I care about Chad Lowe and Laura Leighton and Spencer's mom is pretty bad asparagus, but that's it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:01 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I like Spencer's mom and Hanna's mom and Emily's dad. Otherwise, meh. As far as I'm concerned Aria doesn't even have parents unless they're being attacked by bees.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 pm 

Oh right, army dad is okay.

I am going to pretend that you did not snub Chad Lowe. Am I the only one who loves Chad Lowe in general?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:14 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's just you. He seems weasely and shady to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:17 pm 

He played a weasely and shady character on 24 too! I just think he's cute. Also maybe I had a sex dream about him once and that influences my opinion a little, okay?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:57 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yeah, Chad Lowe just seems smarmy to me. But I feel you because I'm usually ALL ABOUT tv dads. Like, while everyone else was crushing on Jordan Catalano and Logan Echolls, I had the hots for Graham Chase and Keith Mars.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:13 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
He played a weasely and shady character on 24 too! I just think he's cute. Also maybe I had a sex dream about him once and that influences my opinion a little, okay?

A SEX NIGHTMARE.

Eloise, I had a dad crush on Keith Mars, but Logan... be still my loins.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Logan <3

I don't care about Toby's mum either - it's a time waster.

I don't think I believe Cece is smart enough to be doing all of this and I find Wren's plot unbelievable, too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:46 pm 

We are slaves to our loins almost as much as we are slaves to our TVs. - The motto of The Living Room

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:28 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

What the fork, Wren? What are you up to?! Are everyone in this tiny town evil masterminds? Also, Aria might very soon be caught in the most boring love triangle ever. I'd totally do Ezra in real life, but he's really meh as a TV character.
I want to smack Hannah for being so silly. "Oh no, we can't tell the police, it will get worries". Right. Your mom might facing the death penalty is not the worst thing that can happen. Riiiight.

What is mrs. DiLaurentis up to? She seems like the murder of her (completely out of control) teen daughter really messed her sense of boundaries up. Having Emily stay in Allison's room? Really? And why doesn't Emily just tell her that it makes her uncomfortable and then she can be moved to another room?! And HOW CREEPY WAS THE SLEEPING BAG WITH PEEPING HOLES INTO THE HOUSE?! Will we ever get any answers?

Spencer is slowly becoming my favorite character. I like her and Hannah a lot. Actually, Emily is not so bad either. I guess I'm just really not into Aria.
And I think the whole "not the baby daddy anyway"-storyline was totally unrealistic. Come on. What the fork. But I guess something dramatic needs to happen so we can start the Ezra/Aria/Buff dude love triangle which is OBVIOUSLY coming up.

This show is becoming weirder and weirder. I hope we get some answers soon, but I'm not holding my breath. Also, did Jenna actually die?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:29 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ps. yes, LOGAN.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:49 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
We are slaves to our loins almost as much as we are slaves to our TVs. - The motto of The Living Room

BRB, getting it tattooed on my bicep.

Smoothie, Jenna didn't die. Unfortunately. Emily saved her, which I guess is only fair since they did accidentally-on-purpose-by-Alison-blind the girl.

The love triangle between "Nothing to Lose" Fitz (I hope he bedazzles it on the back of a denim jacket), Aria, and Martial Arts Dude #2 is definitely going to happen and it's definitely going to be so boring that we all just fall asleep watching it. Aria in general is the most boring of the liars, her cracked out fashion choices not withstanding.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:57 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I just want to take a moment to comment on the shoddy job done on contouring on Fitz's abs. It's like they hired the make-up team from Twilight.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

$10 says that when Caleb runs off to Ravenswood, Hanna ends up dating that random new guy who exonerated her mom.

Aria's new beefcake continues to bore me to tears. I'd actually prefer Fitz and his crazy eyes and his Scruff of Sadness over Blandy McAbs and his apparent foot fetish at this point.

Toby is pissing me off. He's all upset that Spencer "betrayed his trust," which... pot? Kettle? EVIL? Remember when you went over to the dark side and broke Spencer's heart? STFU, Toby.

The whole thing with the truck full of hay and the floating, slithering, Voldemort-y Red Coat and Emily smacking the hay but not actually, like, looking under it was ridiculous. The whole hoedown was ridiculous. How did they all know that dance? Did they practice?

I guess CeCe is Blue Coat now? Lurking outside of Fitz's apartment just seems silly. How much of their sad, quiet conversation could she possibly hear through the door? Also, I except more from A than just pressing her ear against a door and hoping no one catches her by surprise. That's kid stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:43 am 
protein lump

that whole scene with emily viciously hoeing the truck bed made me crack up.

i really hope caleb and hannah break up. she is too stupid for caleb.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

She was ready to violently beat whoever was under there with a hoe, but not ready to scoop the hay out of the truck to look under it and see who was there? Emily. You're better than this. Don't catch The Dumb.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 am 

The way you guys were tweeting, I thought she was going to go forking psycho on the hay instead of just thwaping it a few times. Thwap, thwap, thwap.

Did you guys notice that we saw CeCe in her lair with the red coat on the chair but not actually wearing it? I'm onto you, PLL. I know that you're saying that CeCe still isn't for sure Red Coat.

Paige had the worst outfit at the hoe down.

And even though it was out of the blue and made no sense, i'm going to shatter your pristine image of me by telling you that once upon a time, I knew how to line dance. When I was a freshman, we had a student teacher for gym and she taught us step aerobics and...line dancing. To Achy Breaky Heart. Weeks and weeks of it, I think we learned 4-5 dances total and I could do them from memory for years and would entertain/horrify my friends by doing them while we waited in lines. So in theory the same thing could've happened at Rosewood, but they could've just like, casually mentioned it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:58 am 
protein lump

ha! we had line dancing in... 6th grade? so pre-achy breaky. it was awkward. but i did get to dance with eddie dimartino and he made me swoony.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 am 
protein lump

oh wait, no! we had square dancing. not line dancing. also lame.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:44 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

We had square dancing too. I recall it being very... awkward.

Good catch with the coat on the chair, MBM. We never did actually SEE her wearing it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:49 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

We had square, swing and line dancing at my school. Swing dancing is something I've used way more than I expected.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 58  Next