| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:36 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Also, I feel for Jesse but I hope his mopey shtick doesn't last for too much longer because I'm already tired of it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:59 pm 
Chip Strong

elouise wrote:
Also, I feel for Jesse but I hope his mopey shtick doesn't last for too much longer because I'm already tired of it.

Yes. I've been tired of it for a while, not because I don't totally understand it and think it's justified and realistic, but because I love him and his character and I want him to do more. I want him to be funny again.

... Hello, Carol.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:25 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

That last scene had me a little confused. First it sounded like Walt was admitting, then denying, then threatening Hank. Loved the episode but was it me or was that dialog at the end in the garage a little clumsy?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Haven't watched the new episode yet, but just caught the end of the first half of the season and super loved Hank on the toilet discovering the Walt Whitman book. I can't believe that would be the thing Walt forked up. I am really glad he tried to make nice with Jesse and his wife, I hope Jesse doesn't just snort all of that money.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:11 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I thought that last scene between Hank and Walt was pretty perfect, actually. When Hank closed that garage door I almost lost my shiitake. It was believable to me that Walt would first deny Hank's accusations, then attempt to plead/rationalize with him, and finally, succumbing to hubris as he always does, threaten Hank. It felt true to character. I loved Dean Norris's performance in that scene.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I agree Dean Norris was phenomenal! And Walt is just becoming more and more hateful when he shows his true colors.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:23 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

elouise wrote:
I agree, I thought it was great. The teaser in the beginning with the house! I wasn't expecting Hank and Walk to confront each other so soon. I am so excited and intrigued about this season.

This! I thought it would be like 3 episodes in before The Confrontation.

Did anyone watch Talking Bad? I did, it wasn't bad. Chris Hardwick is the host and they had on Vince Gilligan and Julie Bowen. I guess every week Vince is going to give a little teaser into the following week.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:51 am 
Baking In The Flavor

elouise wrote:
I thought that last scene between Hank and Walt was pretty perfect, actually. When Hank closed that garage door I almost lost my shiitake. It was believable to me that Walt would first deny Hank's accusations, then attempt to plead/rationalize with him, and finally, succumbing to hubris as he always does, threaten Hank. It felt true to character. I loved Dean Norris's performance in that scene.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm going to re-watch that scene before I delete that episode off my dvr.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

One thing I noticed I'm curious if anyone has a thought about. Walt told Hank (and we saw) that he had started chemo again. But in the opening "future" scene they made a point of him having all that hair. I'm not very familiar with chemo other than the trope that you lose all your hair. Does this mean the future scene was very far ahead, is the hair/chemo thing not as closely related as I've been led to believe, or is this just coincidental.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:14 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

the future scene is shorter than one year. (he was 51 just this past season, and he put 52 on his breakfast in the diner just before he acquired the red car and its contents. [in ep 5.1])

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

DFresh wrote:
One thing I noticed I'm curious if anyone has a thought about. Walt told Hank (and we saw) that he had started chemo again. But in the opening "future" scene they made a point of him having all that hair. I'm not very familiar with chemo other than the trope that you lose all your hair. Does this mean the future scene was very far ahead, is the hair/chemo thing not as closely related as I've been led to believe, or is this just coincidental.

I figure he stops chemo at some point since he knows the cancer's going to kill him either way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:49 pm 

the star trek scene animated:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/1 ... 44549.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:26 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

couroupita wrote:
DFresh wrote:

I figure he stops chemo at some point since he knows the cancer's going to kill him either way.

That or he's wearing a hair piece because he's on the run and in disguise.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Loved last nights episode! With not that many episodes in the season I'm really glad that they got off to a strong start and already had Hank and Walter hashing it out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:40 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

emmalv wrote:
Did anyone watch Talking Bad? I did, it wasn't bad. Chris Hardwick is the host and they had on Vince Gilligan and Julie Bowen. I guess every week Vince is going to give a little teaser into the following week.

I watched. Julie Bowen annoyed the peas out of me because she kept talking over Vince and I really wanted to hear what he had to say!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

elouise wrote:

I think it won't last too long because I have a feeling - a purely speculative and unconfirmed feeling - he is not going to last the season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah, I think that dead look under the coffee table with the cockroach was foreshadowing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 pm 

supercarrot wrote:

THANK YOU

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:13 pm 
***LIES!!!***

If it's almost a year till the later scenes, that's plenty of time for him to have finished a full course of chemo and grown his hair back. Doesn't mean he stopped chemo early. Although he certainly doesn't look good, that might just be hard living.

I was really feeling for Hank. The realization that your target has been under your eyes for months and months and you have just totally forked up and missed it all, that's gotta hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:09 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

And that your target is family!

I hope Jesse makes it but I was just saying to my boyfriend that I was surprised Walt hadn't already killed him since he's a liability, possibly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:25 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ariann wrote:
If it's almost a year till the later scenes, that's plenty of time for him to have finished a full course of chemo and grown his hair back. Doesn't mean he stopped chemo early. Although he certainly doesn't look good, that might just be hard living.

I was really feeling for Hank. The realization that your target has been under your eyes for months and months and you have just totally forked up and missed it all, that's gotta hurt.

I was going off of what he said to Hank about being dead within 6 months. Do you think he was lying to get Hank to stop persuing him?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:30 pm 
WELFARIST!

elouise wrote:

YES. My mouth literally dropped as he closed the garage door and it closed SO slowly which made it even more intense.

I actually thought Walt was going to kill Jesse when he came to his house because Jesse is being irresponsible about keeping the whole thing a secret. I was figuring that Walt just saw him as another loose end that was quickly unraveling.

And poor Hank! Not only was his career pretty much built on this drug ring but it turns out it's his own family. Someone who he felt bad for because he had cancer and money was tough, he helped him out in every way possible- even taking in his children at one point, he's the reason Walt reunited with Jesse, he thought he had someone who he could trust but instead he was actually feeding information to the guy he was going after, Walt crashed his car and put Hank in the hospital to throw him off his track, etc. The betrayal is deep!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:36 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

elouise wrote:

Like Walt, Jessie is a murderer and became a murderer for money. Walt is the same, but his initial motivation was to provide for his family posthumously. Jessie only wanted money to be free to sit in his house, get high, and watch his life pass by.

I think Jessie is headed for suicide, unless he finds a way to deal with his guilt.

His best shot is to leave the country and set up an organization with his money to help people.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I don't see Jessie as a bad person the way I see Walt. It seems to me their positions have changed and as the show has progressed Jessie has become more moral as Walt becomes less (relatively speaking of course.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:25 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Amazing last scene! If you don't know who I am, then I would advise you tread lightly. So pompous. Hank was amazing in this episode.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 25  Next