| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4005
Location: Toronto, ON
I figured Skylar would totally rat on Walt, so glad she didn't. I'm pretty sure she didn't because she was doing what is best for her, not for Walt, but still.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:18 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm
Posts: 1312
Yes, people forget she is now fully complicit. However, I also had the feeling she did it partly for Walt, at least as far for her desire to "have her old life back" as a suburban mom with a stable family.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:38 am 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5363
Location: BRLA
Skylar still has time to turn over on Walt. I still kind of think she will.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:40 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm
Posts: 2144
I don't feel she is fully complicit. I think she does have some blame by not going to the police a long time ago, but she was definitely abused.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:10 pm 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5363
Location: BRLA
She could easily get off the hook for any of her charges by agreeing to testify against him. Which is why it was driving me crazy that Hank was all NO LAWYER on her because duh...obvious sitch for a lawyer.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 434
Location: New Jersey
Also maybe I have seen too many crime dramas but I thought a wife couldn't be compelled to testify against her husband.

_________________
formerly known as gwgredux...if you are keeping track.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm
Posts: 1312
She knowingly laundered money for a drug dealer.

She may get a bargained down sentence in exchange for cooperation, but she would still get punished in some way.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4005
Location: Toronto, ON
beforewisdom wrote:
She knowingly laundered money for a drug dealer.

She may get a bargained down sentence in exchange for cooperation, but she would still get punished in some way.



I don't think that it's far fetched for her to get off completely if she testified against Walt.

geekywhitegirljoan wrote:
Also maybe I have seen too many crime dramas but I thought a wife couldn't be compelled to testify against her husband.


She could do it voluntarily though, or that's my understanding.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:42 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 4692
Location: Santa Cruz whoop whoop
Fee wrote:
She could easily get off the hook for any of her charges by agreeing to testify against him. Which is why it was driving me crazy that Hank was all NO LAWYER on her because duh...obvious sitch for a lawyer.


I think he thought she would just turn him in and go clean, like she was trapped in an abusive situation. I don't think he's realized that she's actually complicit, and not just protecting Walt yet. That's going to be interesting when they do figure it out..

_________________
"Trolling an internet message board, The Greatest Activism Of All." - pandacookie
Вы такие сексапильные, когда злитесь


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:47 pm 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5363
Location: BRLA
beforewisdom wrote:
She knowingly laundered money for a drug dealer.

She may get a bargained down sentence in exchange for cooperation, but she would still get punished in some way.


Realistically, she could totally get off with no charges if she had a decent lawyer. People who have done far worse have gotten off. The thing is they have no proof, they have nothing - they need her to testify and no, she doesn't have to because he's her husband.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:42 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm
Posts: 2144
Yeah, Hank really messed up with that no lawyer thing and just the general way he was so pushy and uncaring. I guess it had to happen because it is more interesting with Skyler staying quiet and supporting Walt, but I was really disappointed with Hank.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm
Posts: 1312
Between missing the first 5 minutes of the show and the huge hiatus in the middle of season 5, I'm not sure what exactly happened in S05E11.

At the start of the show, was Todd the thug basically "interviewing"/introducing himself as Lydia's new meth cook?

What exactly happened with the scene where Jessie decided not to get with the relocation specialist? Did he take out his cigarettes, realize that the ricin cigarette he kept for emergencies was gone? Did he use that to figure out that Saul took it from him and that Walt poisoned his ex's kid?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 434
Location: New Jersey
Spoiler: show
Last episode Lydia had Todd and friends kill the meth cooks and distributers so now Todd and those other two are the cooks/distributers. When Jessie reached for his cigarettes and realized Saul's bodyguard had pickpocketed his weed, he realized that the same thing had happened with his Ricin cigarette. He then realized Saul must have done that for Walt and then Walt and not Gus had poisoned his ex's kid.


The answers to Before Wisdom's questions. Not sure if it is still considered a spoiler so just to be safe.

_________________
formerly known as gwgredux...if you are keeping track.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:46 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am
Posts: 1336
Location: Las Vegas, NV
beforewisdom wrote:
Between missing the first 5 minutes of the show and the huge hiatus in the middle of season 5, I'm not sure what exactly happened in S05E11.

At the start of the show, was Todd the thug basically "interviewing"/introducing himself as Lydia's new meth cook?

What exactly happened with the scene where Jessie decided not to get with the relocation specialist? Did he take out his cigarettes, realize that the ricin cigarette he kept for emergencies was gone? Did he use that to figure out that Saul took it from him and that Walt poisoned his ex's kid?



Yes, about Todd.

Not sure about the Jesse thing. I'm hoping someone jumps in and explains! I can understand that he was searching through his pockets, he finds the cigarette pack, and something clicks in his mind about Walter and poisoning and then his mind goes to Walter poisoning Brock. Two things though: 1, he didn't actually look inside to see the ricin cigarette was gone. I don't think he necessarily needed to see it was gone to jump to his conclusion, but my question is, is it actually gone? I don't remember what happened to it, if anything? and 2, Brock was actually poisoned by the lily of the valley concoction, not the ricin, so I think while Jesse's a-ha moment of Brock's poisoning was right, he still doesn't actually know how Brock was poisoned. (Not that it matters.)


I sooooo did not see that "confession" coming! I think Marie was right initially when she told Hank he needed to go to the DEA from the get-go. Now its too late...

How about that desert scene with Walter and Jesse? I kind of thought that hug was like the Fredo kiss from the Godfather.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:08 am 
Offline
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:14 pm
Posts: 1238
Location: Denver, CO
emmalv wrote:
he didn't actually look inside to see the ricin cigarette was gone. I don't think he necessarily needed to see it was gone to jump to his conclusion, but my question is, is it actually gone? I don't remember what happened to it, if anything?

Jesse doesn't have the ricin cigarette anymore - Walt removed the ricin vial from the cigarette and kept it last season. Walt then planted a fake ricin cigarette (really it just contained a vial of table salt, I think) in Jesse's house, and then he and Jesse "found" it when they were searching the house for the ricin cigarette that Jesse thought he lost. Then Walt flushed the fake ricin cig down the toilet and still has the actual vial of ricin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:59 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am
Posts: 1336
Location: Las Vegas, NV
elouise wrote:
emmalv wrote:
he didn't actually look inside to see the ricin cigarette was gone. I don't think he necessarily needed to see it was gone to jump to his conclusion, but my question is, is it actually gone? I don't remember what happened to it, if anything?

Jesse doesn't have the ricin cigarette anymore - Walt removed the ricin vial from the cigarette and kept it last season. Walt then planted a fake ricin cigarette (really it just contained a vial of table salt, I think) in Jesse's house, and then he and Jesse "found" it when they were searching the house for the ricin cigarette that Jesse thought he lost. Then Walt flushed the fake ricin cig down the toilet and still has the actual vial of ricin.


A-ha! It is all coming back to me now. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:17 pm 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm
Posts: 1312
elouise wrote:
Jesse doesn't have the ricin cigarette anymore - Walt removed the ricin vial from the cigarette and kept it last season. Walt then planted a fake ricin cigarette (really it just contained a vial of table salt, I think) in Jesse's house, and then he and Jesse "found" it when they were searching the house for the ricin cigarette that Jesse thought he lost. Then Walt flushed the fake ricin cig down the toilet and still has the actual vial of ricin.


Then why have Saul pick pocket Jessie for it?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:23 pm 
Offline
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:14 pm
Posts: 1238
Location: Denver, CO
Also, this article breaks down the whole ricin situation pretty well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:58 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm
Posts: 2144
beforewisdom wrote:
elouise wrote:
Jesse doesn't have the ricin cigarette anymore - Walt removed the ricin vial from the cigarette and kept it last season. Walt then planted a fake ricin cigarette (really it just contained a vial of table salt, I think) in Jesse's house, and then he and Jesse "found" it when they were searching the house for the ricin cigarette that Jesse thought he lost. Then Walt flushed the fake ricin cig down the toilet and still has the actual vial of ricin.


Then why have Saul pick pocket Jessie for it?


He didn't. He pick pocketed his weed. But it made him make that connection that previously, he pick pocketed the ricin cigarette.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:32 pm 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm
Posts: 1312
elouise wrote:
Also, this article breaks down the whole ricin situation pretty well.


Very useful, thanks.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4005
Location: Toronto, ON
Thanks for the article! I was confused as well.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:53 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm
Posts: 1312
Hank and Marie watch the Video Music Awards

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4005
Location: Toronto, ON
haha, that's awesome

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:06 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1187
Location: Alberta, Canada
beforewisdom wrote:
elouise wrote:
Also, this article breaks down the whole ricin situation pretty well.


Very useful, thanks.


Thanks for this, I was kind of confused by it all.

I had my fingers crossed that Jesse would leave and live happily ever after in his new life but I knew they wouldn't let that happen. I wonder if now Walt will kill him or if Jesse will rat him out to Hank.

_________________
The Vegan Cookbook Aficionado

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:32 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm
Posts: 1312
Jesse tossing gas around Walt's house, Walt racing out of the car wash with a gun. It would seem to be a straight line progression, though the writers tend not to like doing things that way.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer