| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:07 am 
Shopped till she dropped

Wowzers. Such an amazing episode. Anna Gunn for all the Emmys. Poor Gomie. Poor Hank. Poor Jesse. Poor sweet adorable fucked-up meth-slave Jesse. Fork Walt. Fork him so much for doing all of this and then taking Holly and then leaving her at a goddamn fire station. I cannot wait to see his downfall.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:55 am 
So Totally Yiffy

I couldn't believe he took Holly. At first, I thought that he was going to use her as leverage, but then what? Anyway, I bet he knows the Tyler is lying to him. I think it's also funny that he's just chillin with a big barrel of cash in front of a monotonous graveyard.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:00 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I know I haven't posted in this thread (I just got caught up last night, finally!), but I have a funny:

I spent all day yesterday thinking tonight was the finale. I swear I read it somewhere. Boyfriend and I made plans to make dinner and watch said finale together. Got all the way through the episode, thinking it was our last, and he just drives off in a van with an unknown driver. We were soooo bummed! Like, it can't end this way! Bitched about it for about 30 seconds before the announcer guy goes, 'Only 2 episodes left!'

Oh.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

yeah, it's possible he said all those mean things because he wanted to make the police know she wasn't an accomplice. he was obviously upset that he said them.

he had to leave holly at a fire station. he had no other option. (other than take her with him, which none of them would really have been happy with) at least he wrote her address on the many pages of paper pinned to her.

i didn't know that amber alerts were issued for when a parent takes their biological child. (i'm so naive. i googled it, and hundreds of thousands of hits popped up.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:37 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I got the impression that taking her was the plan in order to absolve Skylar. If it had just been a domestic dispute knife fight they wouldn't tap the lines and all that - and honestly Skylar would probably have just shooed them away. But she had to take it seriously because he had the baby and they had to tap the lines and they had to hear that she didn't do anything. And him saying it like that was believable. We all know Walt isn't dumb enough to call after taking her thinking the police weren't there, Skylar's a better mom than that.

But if that's all true then I'm interested in seeing how he saves them financially since that has been the point since ep 1 and I'm sure he's going to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:47 am 
Saggy Butt

I can't believe Hank is gone! I knew it had to happen but I'm still shocked by it. I hate Walt so much for all the things he's done but I couldn't help but feel bad for him when the realization set in that everything he's done for his family has actually destroyed it, plus when he was trying to save Hank, it made him seem like he wasn't completely void of humanity, he just seemed so desperate. Such a sad episode.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Fee wrote:
But if that's all true then I'm interested in seeing how he saves them financially since that has been the point since ep 1 and I'm sure he's going to do it.

if she gets to keep the car wash, then i think she'll be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:14 am 

The car wash wasn't actually doing well, it was doing well as the front for laundered meth money. I'd be really disappointed if that's how the money thing is wrapped up. That she gets to work in a car wash for the rest of her life.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:05 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

wow you guys are way smarter at this game than me. it totally went right over my head that Walt was purposely being an abusive dick on the phone to Skyler to absolve her in front of the police. i really thought he had snapped.

so i take back my previous statement. i guess he has a tiny shred of humanity left.
he's like 95% evil rather than 100%

it definitely seems to be the theory that's going around (about him purposely being a dick on the phone) cause my husband came home at lunchtime and had read the same theory online somewhere else. i guess Walt was crying in the middle of it. i dont remember that.

i still do feel bad for him because he started out not a complete sociopath trying to help his family. i mean it wasnt a good way to do it by ultimately hurting others (drugs, etc) but i think he wasnt a complete nutbag at the beginning. and now because of him Hank is dead, his son knows hes a crazy murderer meth dealer and his family is ripped apart.

i was so proud of Skyler in this episode. Anna GUnn flicks the weasel she deserves an emmy that was a powerful episode. and poor Walt Jr finally knows the truth.

and poor poor Jesse is like the crazy neo nazi's meth slave.

i hope they wrap this show up in a way that doesnt make us all angry at the writing because there are a lot of ends to tie up.
to be honest i think everyone dies except the kids and maybe Marie.

what do people the flash forward from a few episodes ago is about? when Walt has his new NH identity and a car full of guns and he comes back for the ricin?
my husband thinks he's coming for Todd and crew and he thinks he frees Jesse but i dunno. i agree with wanting to off the nazis but it would take a huge change of thought on Jesse for him to want to free him and let him go.
i mean he told him to his face he sat there and watched Jane die doing nothing for what? just to be a complete dick? what purpose did that have other than to hurt him?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:12 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I think he is coming back to get revenge on Todd and his crew most likely. I think Jesse will probably be dead by then. I keep thinking Jesse will hang himself with that thing they have him tied to he is just so broken now. It really wouldn't shock me if even the kids and Marie die at this stage of the game. Walt has created quite the wreck and it just seems like it will play out on some sort of epic greek tragedy type scale.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

walt let jane die because she was essentially an enabler. walt needed her out of jesse's life if he was going to get clean. he knew that giving them jesse's cut would have killed them both in short order. (also, she threatened to blackmail him)

i wonder if walt realized that had he not been there, jane would have just puked on the bed and survived.

Last edited by supercarrot on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:17 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I think that there will be some kind of showdown between Walt and Jesse. I used to think that Walt Jr was going to play some kind of pivotal role, but I think if he were going to do that, the writers would have had him taking a knife to Walt Sr in this episode. But good for Jr for calling the police and forcing Walt Sr's hand.

I think it's entirely likely that Walt will kill himself, but I think the ricin has someone else's name on it. Not sure who, though. Todd, Todd's uncle, or Lydia all come to mind.

I enjoyed the nostalgic flashback to Season One and the relative innocence of Walt and Jesse during their first meth cook out in the desert - almost like camping out. How far they and we the audience have come.

Bryan Cranston reciting the poem Ozymandias, which was the title of last night's episode.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/T3dpghfRBHE[/youtube]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've always thought the way Jesse would die would be by his own hand. It seems so easy for him to climb on that stool and wrap the wire around his neck in that cooking hangar.

This episode was incredible. Hank's comments to Walt that Walt is the smartest guy he knows, but not smart enough to realize when he's being played.

I completely missed the bit that Walt was purposely being a dick on the phone. I was surprised he was talking to Skylar like that and I thought he was just losing it and crying out of anger, but knowing Walt's calculations, the idea that it was on purpose makes more sense.

Walt Jr. tackling his dad and protecting Skylar during that fight was so heartbreaking. And then he calls the police...like a normal person. No considering the pros and cons, negotiating, lying to himself, etc. That's the most normal thing I've seen happen on that show. I like that the writers have made the characters out to be so dysfunctional and broken that when someone does something "normal" it comes as a shock.

Meth Damon! That's my new favorite. And I agree that kid is the most twisted guy on this show.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:30 pm 

I could see Jesse hanging himself too. If for no other reason than that picture and reminder that he's got the constant threat of them hurting the people that he cares about to keep him in line. If he were dead they'd have no reason to hurt them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:35 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yeah, my first thought was that Walt's hateful tyrade against Skyler on the phone was to absolve her in the eyes of the police (not that I don't think he's capable of being such a monster to her, but he's too smart to know that the police weren't listening in, and that particular rant wasn't quite his style). I also totally agree with this article re: that scene:
Quote:
I love how this scene is comprised mainly of the sorts of things that Skyler haters have been saying on message boards and in the comments sections of recaps since Breaking Bad debuted in 2008. It’s as if the show is using these same sentiments to rebut them: Walter’s voice is deeper and more monstrous, his tone more venomously cruel, than in any other exchange between him and Skyler. It takes the vicarious pleasure that some viewers take in the sight of milquetoast Walter White becoming The One Who Knocks and curdles it, makes it ugly, poisonous — as if the show is saying, “This is what you wanted, isn’t it? Here you go. Choke on it.”

I absolutely think that Vince and the writers used that scene to take the vitriol spewed by Skyler haters/Walt fanboys and throw it back in their faces.

And plus a thousand to Anna Gunn winning all of the awards. I really hope this is her season. I really thought Skyler was going to die during that scuffle with the knife, and honestly Skyler dying is the one possible outcome that I am just not prepared to deal with. Loved her standing in front of Walt Jr. to protect him from Walt, and then Jr. doing the same for her seconds later.

And Hank. Oh Hank. I knew it was coming but I am still so sad. And then Jesse being kept as a meth slave to Evil Landry and the Neo-Nazis. TWO EPISODES LEFT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

supercarrot wrote:
walt let jane die because she was essentially an enabler. walt needed her out of jesse's life if he was going to get clean. he knew that giving them jesse's cut would have killed them both in short order. (also, she threatened to blackmail him)

i wonder if walt realized that had he not been there, jane would have just puked on the bed and survived.

im not sure if you were responding to what i wrote but my question wasnt about why Walt watched Jane die and didnt do anything my question was why did he tell Jesse in this most recent episode about it other than to hurt Jesse?
was such a dick move.

also im confused on your last sentence. how would she have survived if Walt not been there? i cant remember the scene 100%. did she role over in response to Walt trying to wake Jesse up?

i love the very beginning of the knife scene when Skyler puts her hand on Walt Jr to keep him back. i feel like that was a pivotal moment in the Skyler character.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

oh! i understand now. yeah. i think walt was just irreversibly betrayed by jesse having joined forces with the DEA, that he just had to. (also, to let jesse know that the brock incident isn't the first time he hurt someone he loved.) he's just a vindictive crasshole, and knew that their relationship was beyond repair, so he might as well.

also, yeah, he shook jesse trying to wake him and jane rolled over. they were sporking in order to protect themselves from that particular situation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I think I watched the entire second half of that episode with my mouth hanging open. Omigod so good. It was so heartbreaking to watch. Skylar, Holly, Walt, Marie, Flynn, Jesse... man, nobody had a good day.

I agree with you guys that Walt's rant on the phone was his attempt to try and make sure Skylar is protected legally. The big theme of this episode was family and Walt watched his crumble. He has come full circle and is back in just trying to protect them and make sure they are ok when he's gone. (IMO.) What I am hazier on was what was the point of telling Jesse about Jane. I think it was just to try and be hurtful the way he felt hurt, but there is that part of me that thinks "what's his angle here..." I also am in the camp that Jesse will hang himself to protect Brock. I think the flashforward showing Hank coming back will be to take out the neoNazis and to put the ricin in Lydia's tea.

I can't believe there is only 2 more episodes!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:11 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I think that, in addition to being angry at Jesse for betraying him, Walt also blames Jesse for Hank's death. So his hatred for Jesse is pretty strong at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:18 pm 

I feel like they just had Walt say it to wrap that little cliffhanger up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

emmalv wrote:
I think the flashforward showing Hank coming back will be to take out the neoNazis and to put the ricin in Lydia's tea.

OHMYGOODNESS!!!!!!!! all he has to do is contaminate her stevia packets!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:37 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

kara kara wrote:
Poor sweet adorable fucked-up meth-slave Jesse.

Jesse isn't going to be alive for long. Todd can make meth at about 7*% purity. That is the best Jesse ever did on his own. He has nothing to teach Todd.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:38 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

supercarrot wrote:
yeah, it's possible he said all those mean things because he wanted to make the police know she wasn't an accomplice. he was obviously upset that he said them.

he had to leave holly at a fire station. he had no other option. (other than take her with him, which none of them would really have been happy with) at least he wrote her address on the many pages of paper pinned to her.

i didn't know that amber alerts were issued for when a parent takes their biological child. (i'm so naive. i googled it, and hundreds of thousands of hits popped up.)

Wow, I missed the addresses on the piece of paper. I also thought he just blurted everything out on the phone from emotional stress like he did with the location of the money.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:41 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Fee wrote:
The car wash wasn't actually doing well, it was doing well as the front for laundered meth money. I'd be really disappointed if that's how the money thing is wrapped up. That she gets to work in a car wash for the rest of her life.

Being the owner of your own business is a big step up from working in the car wash. She could see it too, put away some cash, and go back to work in accounting which would make her better off than a lot of people. Not to mention avoiding prison.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:44 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

LisaPunk wrote:
i still do feel bad for him because he started out not a complete sociopath trying to help his family. i mean it wasnt a good way to do it by ultimately hurting others (drugs, etc) but i think he wasnt a complete nutbag at the beginning. and now because of him Hank is dead, his son knows hes a crazy murderer meth dealer and his family is ripped apart.

It makes you wonder if Gus, Mike, that family of meth addicts where the dad got the ATM on his head, all started off as decent, regular people whose flaws turned them into thugs over time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next